+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi mom85. I'm sorry you are going through a scary time but it may help to put things in perspective. In a room filled with 195 pregnant women, one of those women will have a child with a trisomy. So whilst your risk is slightly higher than some, it is very likely that your bub will Not have a trisomy. My risk was 1:45. We decided on the harmony blood test. It came back will extremely low risk for all trisomies. We went on to have a healthy girl with no issues.
    I would suggest finding a new GP if you are not happy with your current one and considering the harmony test as it is a simple blood test with no risk to bub.
    Are you going public or private?
    Best wishes. Happy to chat more if you have further questions

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bel2466 For This Useful Post:

mom85  (18-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your reply bel2466. I am going Public as i don't have a private health care. Also, i was wondering is it a good idea to change my GP and do my Harmony test or vice -versa Do you think that Harmony test will kind of tell me about my bub on whether or not having any risk.
    I am new to this forum so don't know how exactly to chat and ask questions so replying to your advice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    we were the same as you. like down to the same odds

i was 35 and pregnant with ds (our first). had the NT scan and all looked perfect, however my bloods cane back with low papp-a and high hcg. although we went public for the pregnancy and birth, we had the NT scan at freemasons (in melbourne) so had to pay $375 (or thereabouts) for it. the ob was great, she accurately predicted the gender at 12 weeks from the scan lol. in relation to the funny bloods, she recommended the harmony test. she said based on what she saw, she didn't believe ds was downs and that harmony should get us off the hook. she advised, in the event the harmony result came back high risk, that we should then look at having an amnio. thankfully harmony came back super low risk for everything, and confirmed ds was in fact a boy. he's now a 14 month old tornado, no downs.

it's a totally stressful time so i get you completely. i'd recommend getting the harmony test (it was another $475 out of pocket but so worth it as no miscarriage/infection risk). if your harmony result comes back high risk, then you can consider further options. just take each step as it comes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Get the harmony test it's worth it for piece of mind and imo money well spent good luck ❤️️

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Winner 2016 BubHubs DIVA Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by mom85 View Post
    Thanks for your reply bel2466. I am going Public as i don't have a private health care. Also, i was wondering is it a good idea to change my GP and do my Harmony test or vice -versa Do you think that Harmony test will kind of tell me about my bub on whether or not having any risk.
    I am new to this forum so don't know how exactly to chat and ask questions so replying to your advice.
    If you're going public your GP won't automatically refer you to an obstetrician. In my area, if you're public, you get referred to the ante natal clinic at the public hospital. If you are high risk (in my case over 35 and overweight) You would see an obstetrician at the antenatal clinic.
    The harmony test is not diagnostic, but a screening tool. It doesn't tell you with certainty that your bub does or doesn't have particular conditions. To be certain, I think you need to have a cvs or amniocentesis.
    Someone with more knowledge might be able to add more or explain better.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

smallpotatoes  (18-04-2017)