Lulusmum....welcome home to yourself, A & N. Must feel nice to all be home together at last, I'm sure Max was missing his mummy also. Hope everything continues to go well & your getting eneough sleep.
MG......all the best for your scan tomorrow, will be thinking of you xxx
Kiwi......Fingercrossed all goes well for S at his appointment & the nasty ear infection stays away. Wishing you all a very safe & happy holiday back home xxxx
Waiting......your poor little niece, I do hope all goes well with her sugery. Very sad when families fight. I hope your sister can eventually work out her differences with your dad, even if it's just for the sake of her kids having a relationship with there g/father!!
MA.......how rude & nosey some people are. As if a stranger has any rights to even ask. I guess some people are just clueless lol!
Hi also to lady,Rach,liv,shy,Winzy,country, peachy & anyone I may have missed
AFM....well I had 32 wk scan this morn to check placenta. The sonographer said placenta is still covering cervix & looks like a c-sect but I'm now all confused as the dr's report says otherwise?? It says.....the placenta is posterior. It's inferior margin lies 3cm from the internal cervical os posteriorly. The placenta now appears clear of the internal cervical os with it's inferior margin 3cm from the os posteriorly. Normal growth.
Comparing to what they said at the 20 wk scan.....the placenta is posterior. The inferior margin of the placenta lies 2.5cm from the internal cervical os and is thus a little low & warrants a followup scan early in third trimester.
So by comparing both it sounds like the placenta has moved .5cm & now I'm confused as to whether that would mean it's moved eneough that there's no need for a c-sect or not?? Also as the sonographer said it's too low/covering but the Dr's report says clear?? Sonographer seemed to think c-sect but after reading this I'm not so sure? Surely it would have to move more than half a centimeter to warrant a natural delivery?? I'm now terrified especially as I'm going public there going to say natural as it's just borderline & then something terrible will happen. I had DD so quick & heomarraged after having her surely that should count as a warning? Dont get me wrong it's not that Im trying to avoid a natural birth just concerned if placenta is low even though not covering cervix it could still be dangerous. My appt with my dr isn't for another 8 days so hoping from any input from you girls if you can help. Sorry to go on Bout it.
Oh btw....bubs is now measuring a week ahead & weighs Approx 2.31kg (gonna be a chubba at already past the five pound mark)
+ Reply to Thread
Results 81 to 90 of 1351
11-04-2011 13:19 #81
11-04-2011 13:46 #82
NB * the only reason I believe they may say natural as borderline is because being a public hosp it's obviously much cheaper for them if it's natural as your only in 24 hours max whereas c-sect they keep you in 3 days.
11-04-2011 14:28 #83
Digby - when you see your doc they will be looking for the safest option for you. They have a duty of care to you, and especially in the public system, money doesn't come into it as much (crazy I know, but private hospitals are more of a business structure. I have only worked in public, but have heard of private nurses saying how they run out of things or are using not as great products because of cost cutting). The doc will look at your report and combine it with the previous experience you had. If you want to look at it financially, it will cost the hospital a lot less for you to have a c-section and be safe then have a dangerous natural birth, haemmorhage and then require a lengthier stay, antibiotics, physio, drugs, bed costs etc etc, plus they would be paying the extra bed costs for your baby to stay with you as well - IYKWIM. You get final say remember, and you need to be involved in the care you require. If you are not happy, remember you are entitled to a second opinion as a public patient, and docs don't get narky about that. Often it can be applauded as someone being involved in their own care and not being guided where they really don't want to go. HTH - PS - I get why you would be worried. it's so long to wait to see your doc, and when we get conflicting info we want to chat about it NOW and have a plan in action
11-04-2011 14:34 #84
LM - so happy you're all together as a family now.
Kiwi - Have a fantastic trip. 3 years is a long time not to go back. I lived o/s for ten years and I found coming back here roughly every two felt about right. Three always felt long but it was only me & DH then so much easier and cheaper to do than with kids.
MG - ooooh! It's getting closer. Hope you can sleep tonight.
Digby - Can you not request a c/s anyway given your history and situation? I'm going public too and have done so. There wasn't a problem with it.
Waiting - hope it's good news today. Family BS is the pits.
11-04-2011 14:39 #85
Thankyou so much MG, you've DEFINATLY made me feel better. I'm loving the share care with my GP it's working really well & shes DEFINATLY on the same page as me as she has known me for about 18 years. It's just the whole anxiety of whether the specialist who has the final say will be on the same page as my Dr. At the end of the day she believes (if it is p/previa) a c-sect at week 37 is the safest option but has already told me it will be up to the specialist though. She also is disgusted in how early they discharge there patients but out of her hands. I will take your advice on board though & like you said if I'm not happy I will ask for a 2nd opinion with another specialist (hopefully I may even get Alex H) who i know from FSA. And it also makes alot of sense how if things go wrong will cost them more money in the long wrong. Thanks again for your help xx
11-04-2011 14:42 #86
Rach.....that's good to know u were able to push for it & your public also. I really didn't think you have as much say, I guess I was very wrong. I will speak to my GP next week and talk it through with her but going through what happened with DD I'm petrified of it happening again.
11-04-2011 19:35 #87
Hi Digby - at my last scan when it was borderline I dropped the photos off at my Ob and then she actually rang the doctor that did the scan to discuss. Mind you this was just prior to my booked csect. Given the situation can you ring doctor to discuss and ask them to ring the scan dr maybe?? Otherwise if you aren't fussed about natural or csect and given your history I agree with MG about just asking for csect!! I can't believe it is only 24 hrs for natural and 3 days for sect - bl00dy hell that isn't long at all!! Private are 3d and 5d but they offer incentives to leave a day early (which I didn't do - stayed the 5).
LM - welcome home!! Hope you are coping ok!
MG - goodluck for tomorrow xxx
Kiwi - have a great time on your trip
Waiting - sorry to hear about family issues. Doesn't sound good - hope they get their act together. Also been meaning to thank you for story about the bath. Whilst I haven't had any near misses (touch wood) it is a good reminder to be vigilant. That night I gave DS a bath and thought of your post and was extra careful. He does normally have showers so prob why we have escaped an incident...now falling off the bed is a different story...
Lisa - glad all going well with you and C
Shy - have a GF question for you!!!
Having some photos taken on thurs so looking forward to that!
11-04-2011 20:03 #88
Digby - If I were in your position I would probably be feeling the same - bloody confused!!!. Just because you are a public patient doesnt mean you cant voice your concerns and be able to talk it through and make suggestions for the birth you want. I hope you get some straight answers soon!
MG - Good luck tomorrow!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by waitinghoping; 11-04-2011 at 20:05.
11-04-2011 20:08 #89
Waiting - Sorry to hear the family situation is still bad. It's so hard on everyone. My family has had these times too, it's heartbreaking. Thankfully we all made it out the other side, hope your family can find some peace soon. Hope your little niece is doing well.
Digby - I agree with MG about public and costs. I went public with S and when the Dr wanted me to go on prednisone (about $20, that I paid for) to bring up my platelet count. I said NO. I insisted on having IVIG treatment. That cost $8000, medication only and then the cost of me being admitted to hospital. I had IVIG 4 times, once with an overnight stay. That's a cost of $32000 just for the medication!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only reason I changed to pred was IVIG stopped working well for me. The Dr let me do this just because I don't like pred side effects. Are you sure it's 24hrs? They wanted me to stay another night. TBH I can't stand listening to everyone else's crying babies, I sleep much better at home. Stick to your guns, make sure they clarify things and don't be afraid to ask for a second opinion.
MG - I've changed my mind, it's 2!!
Sam's ear is all better. Dr told me to give him some demizen before the flight to help with any ear pain he may still have.
Last edited by kiwigemini; 11-04-2011 at 20:26. Reason: didn't make sense, hope it does now.
11-04-2011 21:30 #90
Kiwi......that's great news SAMs ear infection is all cleared up
Yep, it's DEFINATLY 24 hours for natural birth. Apparantly it's the same at womens now also. I was chatting to a young girl at Lyell Mac a few weeks ago when I went for my asthma study appt. She was very young, maybe between 17-19 ish I'd say. Anyway we were chatting & she told me she was discharged after only 12 hours WTF?? Apparantly they were so short of beds she had to go & didn't feel ready as she was having alot of pain still passing urine due to all the stitches etc. I thought that was Absolutly disgusting after such a short time, especially for a 1st time mum & being so young. If it came down to that I would DEFINATLY rather go home & leave that bed to someone more deserving who should really stay a bit longer. 12 hours is just ridiculous!!
By aalia in forum Models WantedReplies: 6Last Post: 03-02-2012, 08:26
LCF Fun Languages AustraliaFrench, Spanish, Mandarin, Italian & German lessons for children 0-12 years. Play-based and immersion language ...
LATESTToilet training: when is the best time to start?Why it is OK for your child to be differentWhat is a blessing way? How is it different to a baby shower?
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
April/May TTC group chatConception & Fertility General Chat
Rude 10 year old. Ideas?General Chat
Cashless society - all for it, or disagree?General Chat
Testing positive but faintConception & Fertility General Chat
Tell me about Ringwood/Donvale etcGeneral Chat
Netflix - what should I watch?Movies / Music / Books / TV Chat