+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't really think anything about people with out pets - except I've noticed their houses are less stinky

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

Maybelline  (23-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Lol that's true Theboys&me!

I wouldn't think anything of people who don't have pets. I think it's good that they're responsible enough to not have them if they don't want them or can't have them.

Lots of people have to rent nowadays and even though you might find a rental now that will allow pets, that doesn't mean you won't have to move in a couple of years and won't be able to find somewhere that will allow you to have pets.

Also, most people work full-time and I hate thinking about all of those dogs sitting at home alone for the majority of the day 5+ days per week.

I know a bad pet owner and TBH I have stronger feelings toward those who DO have pets and don't properly care for them than I do people who don't have them at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Right now, I am jealous of people without pets as:

- their house does not smell like urine
    - they do not have to battle with escaping cats every time they try and open a door or window
    - their sofas and bottom of their dining chairs have not been ruined by cats
    - their curtains have not been shredded by climbing cats
    - they do not have cat hair everywhere

If I had my time over, I think I would get pets a miss, but I'm just grumpy right now as one cat is giving me particular trouble right now.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MsMummy For This Useful Post:

mrswhitehouse  (24-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    It's funny Maybelline, my cat doesn't give me any of those dramas - her litter tray/box thing is outside and she's never had an accident inside the house and she doesn't leave fur everywhere.

I guess this is the problem with pets, you don't always know what you're getting. My cat is just lovely, snobby but lovely. I had another cat years ago and he was awful - would bite my ankles, would follow me around obsessively, would scratch, pooped on the carpet... you just can't always predict what their personality will be like.

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've always owned heaps of different pets, but these days, I just have two aging cats. My kids would love a dog, but I don't want the responsibility. All the walking, poo cleaning, grooming and feeding would fall on me and I have enough to do. We are also renting for the next year or two and I think dogs are a liability when you are looking for properties. I have rented with these two cats before I was married and again now so have references stating how good they are.

My sister doesn't own any pets. Her son would love a dog, but they work full time and it would be on it's own. Her dh is allergic to cats and my sister is bird-phobic and thinks caging them is cruel anyway. As for fish, you can't cuddle them and they are an extra chore. I don't think it's weird for them, pets just don't fit their lifestyle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    One of the issues is that one of them desperately wants to be an outside cat, but we have blue tongue lizards, parrots, scrub turkeys etc in the backyard. I'm not having her kill wildlife. She did get out recently and kill a baby scrub turkey, and I'm still annoyed about that.

They are all from the rspca. My partner thinks he's a cat psychologist and keeps telling me they have abandonment issues etc.

Two are fine (other than general furniture destruction and cat hair), but the one who is always trying to escape and urinate on things is a pita.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    People without pets?

They are kind of like those people who have gates in their front yard but no fence. It's just a gate.

It's weird. Makes me feel suspicious.

I'm kidding. I think nothing of people without pets except maybe they've got no space for one. Or don't like having pets. Maybe they've only got a gate and no fence and thus having a dog would be impractical?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    It's funny Maybelline, my cat doesn't give me any of those dramas - her litter tray/box thing is outside and she's never had an accident inside the house and she doesn't leave fur everywhere.

I guess this is the problem with pets, you don't always know what you're getting. My cat is just lovely, snobby but lovely. I had another cat years ago and he was awful - would bite my ankles, would follow me around obsessively, would scratch, pooped on the carpet... you just can't always predict what their personality will be like.
    My cats are all outdoor cats..I will not have them in the house!!

They also had been rescued from shelters (my man owned them when we met)..they are super old..We also ended up with a kitten about 4 years ago as well...they are good cats ..no hassles ..if we get another pet..it will be a pony (I had a horse growing up ..want my girl to ride as well)
    Last edited by Maybelline; 23-03-2012 at 10:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybelline View Post
    My cats are all outdoor cats..I will not have them in the house!!
    Sorry, I was referring to MsMummy's post Your usernames look too similar on the screen (I need glasses!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMummy View Post
    One of the issues is that one of them desperately wants to be an outside cat, but we have blue tongue lizards, parrots, scrub turkeys etc in the backyard. I'm not having her kill wildlife. She did get out recently and kill a baby scrub turkey, and I'm still annoyed about that.

They are all from the rspca. My partner thinks he's a cat psychologist and keeps telling me they have abandonment issues etc.

Two are fine (other than general furniture destruction and cat hair), but the one who is always trying to escape and urinate on things is a pita.
    Could you have a cat run outside?

Something like this perhaps?