+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default What do you think of people without pets?

What do you think about people that have no pets?

I've always had a pet or a dozen..... always thought from a very young age that people without pets were, well, weird

Obviously logic says that there could be a very good reason that they do not have pets - maybe they live in an apartment, or maybe they have allergies....... but I have to say my initial thoughts were always - weirdos!

Now for the first time in my life I find myself without a pet and it feels so strange. Wrong. I am not liking this feeling.

My head says that I should hold out as long as I possibly can on getting a pet as I've got three young children don't really WANT the responsibility of a pet!
    (I'm not really into fish and birds! )
    However my heart says...... "Hey! You weirdo with no pet! You're a freak!"

Am so torn, and also embarrassed at myself for always regarding people with no pets as weirdos

If you are a pet person, do you think other people without pets who have no obvious reason to not have one are a bit weird?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Not weird, but I do think they are missing out a bit.

Although recently I've been kind of wistfully thinking about how nice it would be to be pet-free for a while, just to have a leeetle less responsibility and dependence in my life!

But I couldn't do it. No way. I've NEVER not had at least one animal companion.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BabelFish For This Useful Post:

Shanaynay  (01-04-2011)

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think anyone without a pet needs to get one...asap! Lol
    I cant imagine not having at least one pet in my life.
    Last edited by London; 01-04-2011 at 21:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Not sure really

Even when I have no pets myself I petsit so constantly have some animals here but not sure I think about other people without pets at all lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have always had pets. But not anymore

We are on an acre with no proper fencing so no dogs. And my cat got attacked by a fox a few months ago and I can't bear yet to get another.
    And I don't think it's fair to keep a n inside animal when we have such a beautiful property.
    We do get koalas, lizards, echidnas and a wide variety of birds to enjoy though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont have a pet living at my place since I have a unit that doesnt allow pets. I do own a dog but it lives at my mums farm. I want a border collie!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i have a beautiful doggy, but my child. he is scared of everything and scared of her, no matter what we try, it's tough and dare i say we would be a more relaxed household being pet free. but its a tough situation, and personally i try to spend as much time with her as i can but i know its not enough.

i usually think pet free people are people who have too much responsibility as it is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel sad for kids who don't have pets (and want them) but ATM I'd be *more* than happy to be completely pet free we have cats, but they're my house,ages, not mine.

I'm not weird, I simply enjoy being responsible for me, and only me, ATM. Why would I want to put more on my plate now? I'm happy being pet free

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't really afford another mouth to feed and really couldn't handle the responsibility right now. I've had pets growing up and right now I really like not having one. When my kids are older I might reconsider.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have always had a pet growing up but we don't have one now. I just don't have the time or the inclination for the responsibility of owning a pet. I can't even be bothered getting fish because it means adding another chore to my list when I have to clean the fish tank.

Because I feel like this, I think that many others feel the same way so I don't think that they are weird.