ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default I feel like I want to die

Hi,
    My doctor has taken me off Pristiq and put me on Ebixa, I'm living in hell at the moment, the side effects from coming off are really bad, My social anxiety is 10 times worse I am crying all the time, I feel spaced out and I feel like I just want to die.

I've had enough of not being able to do normal things. The social anxiety and depression are taking over my whole life. I can't work, I had to quit a course I started last year because the anxiety was making me so sick.

I have seen a few psychologists,but it never seems to help, my mind is just really messed up.

Even going to the shops is really hard because I think people are judging me and laughing at me, I feel like I'm the biggest freak ever.

I hardly have any friends and it's so horrible, I just want to have a life!

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    im really sorry to hear you are going through such a tough time - I don't really have any advice but wanted to give you some HUGS.

is it worth going back to your GP to discuss the meds /changes / side effects?

BH is a great place to share and get support - sometimes you might feel alone and like you can't go out in public, but know that you can post on here and there will be someone to listen and there will be someone who cares.

take care
    xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I know it must be frustrating when you've seen several people that haven't helped, but the therapist/patient match must be good and perhaps if it's not helped you've not found the right person. Can I suggest trying someone else? Ask your doc for a referral. And/or call your local acute care team to get some support or referral.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Perhaps an anxiety group might help... Do you live in the city?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Man, I really feel for you! I guess things might feel 100 times worse due to hormones (I am 21 wks and my anxiety & paranoia has been worse than ever most likely due to these crazy and strong hormones). But I know pregnancy and also depression is completely different for everyone.

I truly hope things start to become more peaceful for you soon and I will keep you in my thoughts!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi emms,

It sounds like you are in a pretty horrible place right now, I feel for you and completely understand. I just want to let you know you are not alone, I have felt (and still do quite often) feel exactly how you do. Have you been to see a psychiatrist? My family doctor was treating my depression/social anxiety for years but when I got pregnant he sent me to see one and it was really helpful, he reviewed my meds and recommended a better one which is working well, he is also recommended a new psychologist who is taking me through a course of CBT. I still dont feel wonderful but am functional and can at least go out in public now and do most of the things I want to do. If you want to chat about it more just pm me. Hugs to you xoxox