+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by The Time Has Come View Post

NicolaD-Good luck on this cycle, its great that you're getting treated for the NKC, what a cocktails of meds you're on!!! You don't have to take all that stuff daily do you!!!??? Must say I haven't heard about Kiwi fruit...
    Hi Time has Come - yep everyday I take the meds except for the Pessaries and Patches which only start after EPU and transfer

As for the Kiwi - apparently helps with implantation - along the same lines as pineapple.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by singa06 View Post
    What does the kiwi fruit help with? Do you only have 1 a day after ET?
    Apparently helps with implantation - along the same lines as the core of a pineapple during the 2 ww. You start by having 1 kiwi fruit from day of transfer until you bt. I was thinking of doing the pineaple core thing, but have read that it sometimes creates too much acidity and the embryos don't like it, so am keeping clear of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi all,

jacklicky, good luck with detected that surge (hopefully not too far away!) What brand of OPK's are you using?

katiana, Hi, welcome. I am glad that you have found someone here with similar meds to you. It makes the journey a little easier when someone else is going through the same. Good luck.

NicolaD, Thanks for the tip! I'll make sure to buy some kiwi fruit after my FET.

I want to ask those who have done or who are doing a natural cycle, are you using crinone (or any type of progesterone) after FET?

Hello to anyone else I may have missed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NicolaD View Post
    Hi Katiana

Apparently the Dexa is a lot stronger than the Pred. I've had Pred in previous cycles and thank goodness didn't have many side effects. The Dexa is 500 per tablet and I am on 2 tabs daily. The side effect that I have been told about are:

Moonface
    Swelling do to water retention
    Mood swings, irratability etc
    sleeplessness

and like Pred, you need to be weaned off the tabs when stopping!

So far I am on day 3 of the Dexa and besides irratability and sleeplessness I haven;t had any other side effects

I normally don't get any frostees from a cycle (having said that my dd was a frostee), so I think it adds up to: this will be #21 transfer. 16 fresh IVF collections and the balance of 4 transfer FETs This has been over a 10 year period though.

When do you start Puregon / Glonal F??
    thanks for ure reply, unfortunately i noticed after i posted it im on the wrong thread sorry ladies, im still TTC #1.
    ill like to answer this thou before i go...
    um... i found out when i start puregon this friday bloods, as i had to do the pill cross over this time, my body went on strike!! so im pilling and lucrin at the moment till tuesday. i hope for puregon this cycle, my 4th collection was on gonal f i got like 20 eggs but none fertilised, we where shattered. but on the bring side i only had mild OHSS. personnally i prefer the OHSS to No embryo's, better for me mentally
    i have PCOS so am going to OHSS anyhow, and we are ready for it.

anyhow good luck to all the ladies here, babydust to all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey singa06,

I am using Seratec brand (distributed by Biocene) of opk. It is a brand given to me by the FS's office. I havent ever seen them in stores or anything. I have never had a problem with them detecting a surge....they are pretty clear for me! Today I have a line pretty much equal to the control line....so I am hoping that tomorrow I might get the surge....

I did a natural FET in December when I got BFP.. I didnt use any sort of support after my transfer but after my first scan (no heartbeat seen) an 6 1/2 weeks I was told that my progesterone was in the normal range, but on the lower side of normal, so my FS put me on progesterone pessaries but I would say my levels were low because i was heading for a MC anyhow. Im not sure what I want to do this time around. Not sure if I should ask to go on the pessaries just as a precaution or else ask I was thinking of asking for a few BT's in the tww so they can monitor whats going on and if I need the prog support I can get on it straight away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi all,
    Quiet in here!

Lochnessie, how did you go with BT today?

jacklicky, I have never heard of that brand (OPK), but my nurse suggested Clearblue. I bought the Clearblue digital by mistake so I will use the Discover brand at the same time. Did you end up getting a surge today?
    If I get a BFP this cycle I will ask about progesterone support.

katiana, Good luck TTC#1. You are still most welcome here to chat about IVF stuff etc...

AFM, 4 days until I start testing with OPK!

Thanks
    Reviews
    singa06, the clinic gives them to me as part of the FET monotering and I have never seen them in the shops so they are probally just supplied to medical institutions. I have used the brand from Big W before (not sure what it was now) and had no trouble with those either.

Yep I got my surge today....so my FET is all scheduled for Friday. Pretty excited to be finally here again but a little pessimistic as well. I hope it works but for some reason I'm not feeling like it will this time around.

So now just got to wait for a phone call on Thursday to give me the time of my transfer and Ive already can canceled my personal training for Saturday and am thinking of still taking the whole two week wait off from the gym.....hmmmmm decisions!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh how exciting!
    Did you have to go in for BT to confirm? If you surge today, does that mean you O tomorrow and that your embryo is 2 days old?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls just wondering if I can join you all in here.

I've been quiet and not posting much since my BFN but starting to feel better about it now. I just kind of went into myself and didn't want to talk to anyone really. I guess it's a bit of depression. Just all of this has come as such a shock from the secondary infertility to IVF and everything we have been doing in between!

jacklicky, thats exciting you get your FET done on Friday! I know how you feel about not getting too excited. I just find it hard to believe it will ever happen again for us sometimes. All you can do is go along for the ride and hope for the best I guess. Try and think positive I know how hard that is though. I've been given the seratec tests too, but I don't get to use them till my next cycle.

singa, yay sounds like you are getting ready for your FET soon too. Are you doing a natural cycle? Thats what I've been told we will be doing and I will be interested to see if I get any LP support. I want it as I think my LP is too short and with crinone last time I got to 14 days, whereas normally it is 11-12.

katiana, 20 eggs that didn't fertilise would have been devastating! I agree give me OHSS any day over that. Hope this time is much much better. Are you doing ICSI at all?

Nicola, went and bought some kiwi fruits today lol. Even though I'm not doing a cycle yet I thought it can't hurt. I'll try anything.

afm, I'm taking this month off ttc completely. Still taking folate, fish oil and a few other supps but no accu this month. Can't afford it!! I go to Sydney for a week over Easter so that should be fun and our engagement party is this Sat so I will have a drink! So AF is due around the 28th of this month and then I do a FET cycle. I'm a bit dubious about an FET but I have read plenty do get pregnant this way so it is re-assuring. I just hope my ET is not as painful this time as my FS seems to think it is not a good start. He did talk of doing something else this time and if that fails might need to have another lap Eeek.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey singa06, nope, no need for another BT to confirm. We knew I was pretty close yesterday so the opk is enough. And yep my clinic only does 2 day embies....which is good cause you get alot of frosties (usually) but is also bad cause some of them wont keep going when thawed.....

daydreamer1, I know what you mean about getting through it alone. I tend to just get over things in my own time on my own. I got pregnant on my last FET (although i had a MC) I just never really thought Id get pregnant off a fresh cycle because of all the drugs....so I pin all my hopes on FET's.....strange how we all think differently.