+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default TTC#2, IVF, APRIL-MAY-JUNE cycles

Hi all,
    I thought that I would start up a thread for those who are about to begin a cycle for #2 (or 3 etc).
    I am cd2 and am about to begin a natural FET cycle. I have a very active 19 month old. I am little stressed about managing the next few IVF appointments with him and working 3 days per week.I have 4 embryos left. My FS said we will try the first few cycles natural and if that doesn't work, he will try something else.

I am looking forward to chatting to some ladies in similar positions!
    Last edited by 2BlueBirds; 29-03-2011 at 11:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Singa06,

We are in a similar position, our next appt with our FS is in the first week of may & if all goes according to plan we are hoping to have our first FET in June.

We are also lucky to have a 7 month old DS from our first IVF cycle, from which we have 5 frozen blastys (one of which will hopefully result in a sibling for DS)!!

How many cycles did it take for your DS? (if you don't mind me asking) - I am just assuming he was also IVF as you have frosties available!

Hopefully this is a really short journey for you, and you get that BFP first time around! Look forward to hearing from you, and seeing how others cope with IVF the 2nd time around & a toddler in tow!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi, my Ds was first fresh cycle. Do you have to travel far to your clinic? Mine is around 45min in good traffic, 1hr or so peak hour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We're about 10-15mins away from our clinic, so not far at all...

Do you know what's involved in a natural FET cycle?

I'm guessing I will find out all that info at my appt in May-I'm nervous but so excited to be at it again...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I see my nurse tomorrow, so ill let you know!

P.s: there is another Monash ivf 10-15min from me, but they only do medicated cycles as they are only there certain days.
    Last edited by 2BlueBirds; 28-03-2011 at 19:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi The Time Has Come and singa06, I am just starting my 2nd natural FET cycle. I did my full stim cycle in Oct/Nov last year BFN but got five embies frozen. Did a FET in December and got a BFP but sadly MC in Feb. I just got my AF back so we are just starting another FET. We have three embryos left.

I have a 2 1/2yr old who we actually conceived naturally just after DH had a vasectomy reversal. She was a true miracle as when we started TTC no 2 we found out DH's developed scar tissue and so we have to now do IVF.

Anyhow my natural IVF cycle started day 1 when I got AF. About CD12 I have my first scan and start opk's. I continue opk's everyday until I get a surge and have a scan every few days to check my lining. Once the lining was thick enough I just had blood tests until both the opk and BT showed I had a surge. Then got a transfer date. I was on no drugs or progesterone support.

Pretty easy. My cycle was incredibly long (45days) so I had a few more scans and BT's than usual but it was pretty easy.

Im about 20mins away from my FS from my work place but about an hour away from home so i try and make my appointments on the days I work.

Look forward to sharing the journey with you both!
    Last edited by jacklicky; 29-03-2011 at 08:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, this will be a quick reply as I am on the way to work. Thanks for all that info Jacklicky!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

I thought I might crash this thread as I am in same situation except that I don't have my appoint with FS until June. We have 3 frozen but 2 are not so good so we will transfer 1 and then 2. This is our last go so it produces a sibling for DD.

We are 3 hrs away from our clinic so will be interesting travelling with DD.

Look forward to chatting and to all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for that Jacklicky! I have no idea what to expect this second time around!

Do you know how the FS decides whether to do a medicated FET or natural?? Do you think they have the same success rate?

I assume they'd do medicated cycles for women who don't ovulate regularly?? We fall under the category of 'unexplained infertility' so more than likely we'd be doing it natural... but who knows!!!

Singa06-Good lucky with your appointment today! Let us know how you go!!!

Jayme-we should be cycling around the same time! Is it a 3 hour round trip? Or 3 hrs each way!? The travel will definitly be interesting!!! & I complain about my 10min trip!!! hehe do you have to drive there for every BT & ultrasound etc, or is there somewhere closer??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies.

Id like to join this thread. I had my scan appt yesterday to check lining for FET, I am doing a medicated FET as my clinic is only open weekdays so everything needs to be well timed and I also live 2hrs away from clinic so its to far to be travelling for extra scans etc. So my lining is all good and my FET is booked for next wednesday 6th April. I had a FET last month which was a BFN obviously and I have 4 embies left...2 frozen on D2 and 2 frozen on D6...so we are transferring the 2 D6 embies this time.

this is the lucky thread!!!

Kit