+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone!

In Qld it is 25 at the time of egg transfer. Check the legislation or the justice department website at http://www.justice.qld.gov.au/justic...ages/surrogacy for all things legal. You can also open the PDF legislation (in all that legal mumble jumble) at http://www.justice.qld.gov.au/__data...-surrogacy.pdf and http://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/LE...10/10AC002.pdf.

Sorry for all the links!!

Andrews7899, if you haven't already, contact the Queensland Fertility Clinic either on their website www.qfg.com.au or by ringing 07 3833 1044 (that is the number to get directly to the donar program). I contacted them through the website a while back and they emailed me a couple of documents with information and costings on it. Very helpful.

We have only recently found a surrogate but are still in the early stages of chatting and learning about each other. I found her HERE so don't give up. Hopefully someone like my lovely lady will contact you wanting to help. As Karen said, you need to be very open with everyone about your journey...before appealing for help here, I emailed ALL our contacts in our address book with my story and appeal for help...a very scary experience! It gave us a lead or two which were not fulfilled but at least everyone can support us now and my story stays alive.

Other than that, I found all my info here! Karen has been a dream...hi Karen!! Scour through these pages and you'll find lot's of juicy info...and hopefully people! One other thing I did find was the yahoo surrogacy support group (there is an Australian one). I can't give the link because I can't get one it here at work but it seemed to be able to put you in contact with potential surrogates. It looked promising but I never got around to doing it.

Good luck on your journey!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes...it is really sad but after investigating the costs of surrogacy here, the costs of going to India don't seem that bad! In my other post I recommended going to the Queensland Fertility Group website to get the documents on costings. It certainly opened my eyes to the expense. I knew it would cost us but I don't think I was prepared for that much. The only thing is that you would be able to follow the pregnancy much more closely if it is in our own country.

I have found out a lot about costs but don't want to scare anyone off their journey! Hubby and I initially thought we would have to give it all away but after chatting to our parents and looking at the dreaded mortgage...we think we can do it. If anyone wants me to explain my costings so far let me know.

Thanks for the info Frostysmum...I'll check it out.

Mama24Crazies is offline The precious bundle that I proudly gave back.................. 37 weeks
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes Frostysmum, I certainly saw Insight. As much as I found the show very frustrating, I am glad that the negative side looked ridiculous at the end. They failed to bring any plausible arguments to the surface. Thanks to Linda Burney, access to overseas commercial surrogacy has been stopped to NSW residents. Not Australia wide.....thank goodness.

Love

Karen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Andrews7899
    Thanks so much for sharing your very sad journey , I just really hope you get the happy ending you soooooooooooo deserve
    I am in Qld and have started doing some research into surrogacy - all the 'can dos', 'can't dos', etc and it's all rather overwhelming. I have found this site great and Karen especially has been wonderful. The worst thing is the cost, and the fact you cannot advertise for a surrogate - so (as you say), what are you supposed to do if you have no relatives or friends who can help? I know getting your story out there can help as you never know who may be reading , so all the best to you
    I did watch the Insight program on Surrogacy and found it really informative and interesting (esp that the cost of going to India for surrogacy can be similar to what you may have to pay in Brisbane). Be interesting to see what happens I certainly did not like the bit near the end when Renate said something along the lines of if you cannot have your own children, then mind someone else's
    Jo x
    Last edited by bubba4me; 05-04-2011 at 20:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Andrews7899

Giving your story a little bump up the order but also wondering how you have gone in your search?

Trace

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: surrogacy

Hi I hope you have found a surrogate if not plz let me know. I might be able to help out.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrews7899 View Post
    Hello

I am reaching out to you all in the hope of finding out more information with regards to trying to find a surrogate here in Queensland.

I was unfortunately diagnosed with bowel cancer some time ago now and through surgery, chemotherapy and radiation was able to beat it. But after all the treatment that was mainly targeted at my pelvic area I am no longer able to produce eggs and now it also seems to be able to fall pregnant.

I was incredibly fortunate to have a beautiful lady contact me through BH and offer to be an egg donor for us which resulted in a fantastic result of 9 embryos but to date I have had no luck with any of those transfers. It seems that after all the treatment my uterus is not great and will not support implantation at all.
    I now have 5 precious embryos waiting for me but I no longer want to waste them on myself.

My FS has from the start of this journey said that my only real chance of success is a surrogate, but how do you find that special someone?

I have no sisters, I have two sister in laws - one still having her family the other too old and would not consider it anyway. Friends are still having families too, or are not interested and I can understand that too.

So how do you find that special someone if it is illegal to advertise here in Qld.

Any help from any of you ladies would be so much appreciated to help me achieve my dream of having a family.

I feel so lost right now, why do the authorities make our journey so much harder than it has already been. All I want is some hope right now.

Have a great day everyone and thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovelymumma View Post
    Hi I hope you have found a surrogate if not plz let me know. I might be able to help out.
    I have tried to message you.. But since you are new on here.. I am unable. Think you need to post .. 10 times for me to be able to message you. Follow a few posts with a dot.. Then should be able to message you.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    kylie764, this original post was from 2011. I think you will have a very slim chance for the op to respond. marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Marie.. The post from @Lovelymumma was only a few days ago.. That was who I wAs trying to message. I am already pregnant, but wanted to make contact for a good friend of mine looking for a surrogate

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hey

Hey Kylie

If you are looking for me could you contact me at herronwendy99@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by kylie764 View Post
    Marie.. The post from @Lovelymumma was only a few days ago.. That was who I wAs trying to message. I am already pregnant, but wanted to make contact for a good friend of mine looking for a surrogate