ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueberry Crumble View Post
    Why are you appauled at that? It is more of an expression, and I didnt say that they were whores, but were dressed as whores may dress. Simple fact is they are dressed like a prostitute.
    I disagree 100%.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SausageFest View Post
    I agree with Blueberry Crumble, that is EXACTLY what they look like and its not wrong to say that, she is simply putting forward her opinion, not saying they *are* wh0res but that they certainly do look like they should be shaking it on a street corner. Thats no fault of their own obviously, its the adult who decided on the whole thing that should be ashamed. It makes no difference that they are doing it for a dance concert, if you saw a child dressed like that walking through the shops Im sure you would all be appalled because its just wrong.

No daughter of mine will ever ever EVER do dance for this very reason.
    Thankyou. I dont care what the context, dancing performances or whatever, it is so wrong for children to dress like this

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow! They are 7?! They are amazing! Yes, the costumes are a bit OTT, maybe if they had of had their tummies covered it would have been ok.
    Maybe these girls want to dance? I started dancing at 3! I don't see anything wrong with their dance. My DD who is 2 wriggles her hips as soon as she hears a beat and she learnt that all on her own!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought they were brilliant! Surely they can't be 7!?! Wow...They have some impressive skills!

However.. I certainly don't agree with some of the dance moves, or the top half of the costume.
    My DD does dancing too, the costumes always cover her whole body. I don't mind the shorts in a dance setting, as a dancer myself for many years, its not about looking like a wh*re as someone else so eloquently spoke of small girls . Its about being able to move freely.
    Red and black is very burlesque, my DD has brightly coloured costumes , at the moment its green and white. And they train in a school tracksuit.
    I do agree that this is quite over the top, and I do think its sexualising these girls.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RunningWithScissors For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (08-03-2011),Pinkzy  (08-03-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think the outfits are awful for children. Black and red and lacy and knee high boots (or socks, cant tell) is just too much. Add to that the song and dance moves and its beyond words.

No way for my kids, I think they will be learning line dancing or River dancing instead!

biscotti is offline Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I have a dancer and to be honest I didn't like that dance or costume at all. And there were some girls in there that you could see have been really well trained though.

My daughter does wear the short bike pants and crop tops for training though but they are not black and red!!

I think these are the same girls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh0QG...eature=related

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I agree, great dancers, but the style just wrong..

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sairz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's disgusting and way too sexualised for a 7 yr old. I can only imagine how many paedophiles r enjoying watching that. It makes me want to vomit

Thanks
    Reviews
    The girls are all very talented but sorry, I agree the costumes were in poor taste for that age group. I wonder how many paedophiles have viewed that clip. Makes me ill to think.

ETA: Snap SAgirl - You just posted exactly what I was thinking!
    Last edited by TeenyT; 08-03-2011 at 13:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    They are amazing, no doubt. Why on earth aren't they dressed in black long sleeve leotards like in the film clip? Some adult has decided to dress these little girls like strippers. Which is worrying to say the least.

But what they are doing is just amazing. And if they just changed the costumes the sexy moves I don't think would be so *sexy* it's just they are purposefully dressed like
    burlesque dancers.

But! Those girls should be so proud of themselves!!!!!