Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Solarberry View Post
    he won Cleo Bachelor of the year
    He did
    Blergh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anthony is my fave! I've always loved the Wiggles, first saw them live at the local town hall when I was 14 (with my sister's kids) and had a ball dancing in the front row! I met them when I was 16, took my nephews up for a meet and greet and Anthony was so sweet. I told him that my nephew who was 3 at the time introduced himself as Cameron James Wiggle and Anthony loved it, told all of the other guys and signed the cd with that on it.
    I really don't like Sam as part of the group, watching them on Carols last year it just didn't sound right, his voice is great but not the right fit. I think he sounds too 'adult' for the Wiggles, not fun and light hearted like the other guys. I miss Greg

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think you are all being unfairly harsh on poor Anthony. What about that Dorothy? She's incredibly rude, eating everyone's roses and hogging the limelight so that poor Wags and Henry hardly ever get a mention. And don't get me started on how white those teeth are.......

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TeenyT For This Useful Post:

zombiekitty  (05-03-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Meh. I don't like any of them.

They are egocentric people who have let fame and money get to their head.

Many many years ago, in the small town I came from, a group of volunteers from the SES started a little gig, I can't remember what they called themselves, but they were clearly modelled on the Wiggles- there was never any denying that. They tweaked themselves enough and gave themselves new names.

Came up with new songs, new costumes etc etc... BUT as I said were clearly a take off of the Wiggles.

Well, the real Wiggles got wind of it (they became really popular in our town, and were raising lots of money for the SES) and threatened legal action if they didn't stop performing.

We just couldn't believe it. Our town was about 4000 people, they only did their gigs in our town, if anything they introduced a lot of young ones to the concept of the wiggles, and they were raising money for a volunteer cause... not even for their own personal gain.

YES, I get that it was bordering on a copyright infringement, yes they had every right to threaten legal action... but Cmon... these people were only ever trying to do something good for the community and raise some much needed funds.

From then on, I've not been interested in the Wiggles in any way, shape or form.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SalTheGal View Post
    Meh. I don't like any of them.

They are egocentric people who have let fame and money get to their head.

Many many years ago, in the small town I came from, a group of volunteers from the SES started a little gig, I can't remember what they called themselves, but they were clearly modelled on the Wiggles- there was never any denying that. They tweaked themselves enough and gave themselves new names.

Came up with new songs, new costumes etc etc... BUT as I said were clearly a take off of the Wiggles.

Well, the real Wiggles got wind of it (they became really popular in our town, and were raising lots of money for the SES) and threatened legal action if they didn't stop performing.

We just couldn't believe it. Our town was about 4000 people, they only did their gigs in our town, if anything they introduced a lot of young ones to the concept of the wiggles, and they were raising money for a volunteer cause... not even for their own personal gain.

YES, I get that it was bordering on a copyright infringement, yes they had every right to threaten legal action... but Cmon... these people were only ever trying to do something good for the community and raise some much needed funds.

From then on, I've not been interested in the Wiggles in any way, shape or form.

That's insane!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Hahaha my mum can't stand him!!!

I tend to agree a bit.

Me and DD are going to see them in 3 weeks!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Greg is coming back guys!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love the wiggles, I once had a dream that I was the red car and they took turns riding me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    I find Sam more annoying. I liked him on Spicks and Specks, but he just doesn't seem to fit. He's too OTT in his dancing and his voice isn't as good as Greg's either.

But I don't put it on for DS very often. I find it annoying!!
    How opinions can change in less than 12 months! I quite like Sam now and think Anthony is a complete tosser!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ElastiGirl View Post
    I love the wiggles, I once had a dream that I was the red car and they took turns riding me.
    So wrong. I just read this as "I was IN the big red car......."