+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou all for sharing your stories. I'm planning on seeing my doctors soon to discuss things, I think I need to get past my fears so that I can enjoy whatever experience I end up having, and the more information and reassurances I have the better. Thankyou

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi peanut brittle. I also suffered a rectovaginal fistula after the birth of my first child in early 2010. I had the fistula repaired and sphincter repair by a colorectal surgeon 6months after birth. Everyone that I have consulted has said c-section for second child to avoid ruining my repair and further worse possible problems. I'm now having second baby in May, so will have a csection but hoping to be able to go into labour first. What did you end up deciding?

Thanks
    Reviews
    yes i suffered a recto vaginal fistula. im so sorry to hear that you have to. please feel free to email me if you like simply.nailz@bigpond.com also i have a fb support group as well. there are now 30 of us around the world

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've had a VB and 2 c/s and about to have my 3rd c/s in a few weeks.. It took me longer to recover from a VB then my c/s.. In saying that everyone recovers differently.. I was up walking after 2-3hours, discharged after 40hours and drove on day 5..
    My 2nd c/s I over did it and was picking up my toddler straight after that caused a little extra pain but was back to normal by 2 weeks..

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had an emergency c-sect and they didn't stitch me up properly so I had complications and also had regular doc visits to monitor the wound so I didn't end up in hospital again with infection! My wound took months to heal and I felt the scar for up to a year afterwards. That being said, I think this is pretty uncommon!

Guest Guest
    My first was an emergency cs and it took about 8 weeks to feel completely normal and about 4 weeks of pain/discomfort and a burning sensation.
    My 2nd was a vb with a 2nd deg tear, it took about 2 weeks for the swelling/bruised feeling to go and 6 weeks to feel normal.
    For me the recovery times were very similar except I could dtd sooner after a cs. But I did have a hard time with walking and moving about with my cs and not with my vb.
    It's hard to explain but I used to see it this way, after my cs I was on morphine for pain and couldn't get out of bed for 12hrs and for the first week without pain meds. After my vb I only needed panadol for the first day.
    My sister had a 4th deg tear and it took months to heal and pain, comparing that to my experience I think my cs was much easier, the initial week maybe as painful but then I healed quicker.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great far recovery after my one elective c sect. Much much longer more painful miserable recoveries after all three of my vb s

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had an emergency c-section with twins.

I was up and walking around less than 12hrs after the birth. On panadol only after 24hrs and home on day 3.

The only pain I had once home was when I coughed or laughed. I had to hold the incision site to reduce the pain.

I had staples and they worked really well. Scar is almost invisible now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had vb and ouch. I had a tear that required stitching (pretty common) and about 2 weeks of pain - I needed help standing up most of the time. But the worst was dtd. It was like someone poking a knife in me for about 9 months. Poor DP was so understanding. All that being said I will be aiming for a vb again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had an emmergency CS and had a great recovery. Was at a wedding 3.5 weeks later moving great, breast feeding and everything. This was by myself too as my husband was in the bridal party!
    As long as surgery goes ok the sooner you get up moving, the quicker you heal and muscles start working normally again.
    I worry now that a vbac will be worse for me with tearing and healing as I had such a great CS.