+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    12 months old and I was so scared! We'd spent 2-3 days per week with my parents since he was born and he absolutely adored them so I wasn't worried about him, just me. He left at 5pm happily waving goodbye(I cried).

I was fine once we went out but as soon as I got home it felt empty, if I hadn't had a few wines I would have driven over there. The second I woke I was out of there. Once he was about 18 months I was more comfortable leaving as there wasn't a word he couldn't say, he spoke in proper sentences and I knew he was okay with it so we had a full 24 hours apart.

I didn't do a full weekend until I had DD. We dropped him off on Friday at 3pm and pocked him up Sunday at 1pm. I saw him on Saturday though so it wasn't too bad, he didn't care about me though, just wanted his baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    ds was 5 weeks, i put him to bed at his grandparents at 8 and was there to greet him at 6am. he adores his grandparent & they have him over night from time to time, he is now 4mo. but im generally the one who puts him to bed & always there to meet him first thing in the morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    dd was 3 years old, ds was about 9 months. I was more comfortable with ds staying at his grandparents overnight so early because he is a much mroe easy going flexible baby than dd was, and knew he would be fine if he had his sister there too. And he was

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last Friday DS (18 weeks) stayed home with his dad for the night while I stayed at my mum's for the night which was really nice, I did miss him heaps though so left my mum's house early the next morning for the drive home (2.5 hours away). My mum will be coming for once a month soon to babysit DS overnight on a Friday or Saturday so I can go camping and shooting with my DH, I can't wait as I used to do this every weekend before I got pregnant with DS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    5 weeks - to go to DP's christmas party in the city. We ended up leaving the party early just to go & have a good nights sleep in the hotel!!

heeeeerekittykitty is offline My babies, my cats ....ahhhh , bliss !!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by krystallxx View Post
    My boys are 2.5 and I still haven't.
    They are horrible at night and couldn't expect anyone to put up with that. Plus I haven't needed to
    Same situation here, ds 13 months has such terrible night waking there's just no way I could inflict that on anyone ! ( if I had had anyone I could ever hypothetically leave him with , I don't ) .

My first time leaving him will be very soon when I have this baby , and even then I'm fretting about how dh will handle the night waking .

I think its fantastic and so refreshing if parents can have a good nights sleep and some time out once in a while!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leisa21 View Post
    Once he was about 18 months I was more comfortable leaving as there wasn't a word he couldn't say, he spoke in proper sentences and I knew he was okay with it so we had a full 24 hours apart.
    Mine was like that too so when she started daycare I wasn't concerned. She could tell me about her day and things and she was also out of nappies by then so I wasn't having to be concerned about people forgetting to change her through the day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by swimmingup****** View Post
    Mine was like that too so when she started daycare I wasn't concerned. She could tell me about her day and things and she was also out of nappies by then so I wasn't having to be concerned about people forgetting to change her through the day.
    Yep, makes it so much easier to leave them when they can tell you it's okay and how much fun they had. I'm lucky DS was an early talker or I don't think I would ever have left him. I

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Mum stayed at our house with DD (12 months) for our wedding night. Then had a sleep over and Mums last weekend.

We co-sleep too so Mum had to put up with the bed hog all night. Hahaha.

My Mum is the only person other then DH I trust to look after DD. She visits everyday and when DD was first born and I broke my pelvic Mum did day shift with DD and DH night shift. She learnt to settle her better then me lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    6 days old for a whole 5 days!!!!!

Had an emergency operation due to an acute appendix worst 5 days ever! Then recover was even longer!