ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DD stayed at my sisters house overnight when she was about 5 months old.

DH and i dropped her off at 4pm sat arvo and picked her up at 11am sunday.

It was for no other reason other then to have a 'night off/night out' with our friends. We all felt I (and DH) deserved a little 'us' time and a sleep in.

My sister has 3 kids (so plenty of baby experience), a fiance (also with a fair amount of baby experience) and our best friend (my and my sisters best friend) stayed at my sisters house also just to lend a helping hand if needed.

I cried when we walked away (leaving DD in sisters arms), felt like there was a huge chain tied around DD and I and there was a point when we were getting in the car that i felt i seriously couldnt leave her. Felt like i was having a mini panic attack Also a point when we had just started driving away, I worried something terrible was going to happen and i would never see DD again. About 5 hours and 4 phone calls later i felt MUCH better and ended up having a great night out with DH and friends. But ever since then I havnt left DD for more then a day and i dont ever want to do it again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    2.5 and thats only because of access visits. We cosleep so naturally I was worried how he would go but he was fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DS was just under 2 yrs old when I spent the first night away from him, before this- I lived at home with my parents for a period of time and would go out once he was asleep and come home before he awoke in the morning (slept through from 1month old so no night waking).

The first time he stayed at my parents house (I had recently moved out approx 6months before hand)- I got a call at 6am in the morning to say that he had had a fit and they had called an ambulance. Epilepsy runs in the family and receiving a call about someone having a fit was not too unusual, so I very calmly and quite lazily got up, got dressed and quickly packed DS a lunch box seeing as we may be at the hospital for a bit. It was not until I was in the car and driving over there that it occured to me that it was MY SON!

When I got there, the ambulance was already there. I learnt that my Dad was laying with him because he had had a restless night. He stopped breathing and than had a fit. Dad was beside himself. I was relatively calm and just concentrated on reassuring DS who looked a little scared and bewildered at this big men in blue jumpsuits who were taking him and his Mummy in a big strange van with lots of machines.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Apart from being hospital giving birth, I haven't spent a night away from all of them. Different ones have spent the night at nana's but never all at once. The oldest is 17 yrs old and the youngest is 2 and 1/2 yes old.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Apart from when I had DD and spent 2 nights in hospital, I've never had a night apart from DS and most definitely not DD. I have worked mostly full time since DS was 8 months old and only saw him for a few hours a day so I don't think it's fair that I then spend the night apart from him. He'll be 4 in June.

bgbgbb is offline To think, I was only going to have 1 child!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mummaof4 View Post
    dd#1 3days before she turned 2, when i gave birth to dd#2
    dd#2 16months when i gave birth to dd#3
    dd#3 20months when i gave birth to ds
    ds is 2yrs3months and no plans to leave him overnight yet! and im not pregnant haha

each time was only 1 night in hospital too. though i fell sick after i had my son and was readmitted for 5days i only saw my girls a few times and it gutted me, still upsets me actually. ofcourse they were with nan(she stayed at our house but also lived next door at the time) and had a brilliant time
    I had to laugh, that sounds like me!

Except I made sure I got the maximum stay after each new bub was born before I went home to the mayhem.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Weekend before last! DS was almost 11mths. My parents came to our house and looked after him for 2 nights while we had a lovely romantic weekend away for our wedding anniversary.

My parents are great with him, we're all very close and he loves them to bits. He barely noticed we were gone!

We, however, missed him to bits & spent lots of time talking about him

And when we got home I flew in the door for cuddles but he was asleep!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    4 months. Dd stayed at my mums house cos we had a wedding to go to. It was bliss. We get her babysat fairly often, maybe once every 1-2 months (overnight). I think it's very healthy for her to have that time with her grandparents and very essential for my marriage. Plus my patents absolutely live it.
    In Jan just gone we had her babysat for a week by my parents at their beach house while dh and I enjoyed a week of sleep ins, long walks, movies, dinners etc at a beach house we rented. It was the best holiday of my life !

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD was 6 months when I let my mum mind her on NYE. I regret it so badly, she had an awful time and my mum couldn't settle her at all.
    MIL seems to be thinking she will be going for a sleepover at hers sometime soon but no way! Won't even leave her there for a few hours! So my new excuse is I want to wait until she is speaking and can tell us if she wants to come home

Thanks
    Reviews
    My boys are 2.5 and I still haven't.
    They are horrible at night and couldn't expect anyone to put up with that. Plus I haven't needed to