ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    6 months as we had a wedding to go to. Then he went once a month from then on (due to commitments).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sloppykissesmonsterhugs View Post
    Almost 2 years here and no sign of a night apart any time soon.

Similar to your little one, our ds is a little monster come sleep time. Once he's there, he's fine but it still rules out a night away.

Bub #2 on the way here as well and yes, it would be nice to have a night off. I've resigned myself to the fact that we won't - something to enjoy in a few years instead!
    Haha yes I think I have to accept it won't be for a long time but its lovely to dream about sometimes
    Were planning a homebirth for this babe so hopefully I can birth during the night and Bonnie will wake up to a brother or sister. Although it's probably likely she will end up staying at mums seeing I was like a whinging banshee laboring with DD hahaha.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Fanny For This Useful Post:

TimTamsandTea  (20-02-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Um... when she was nearly 3 I think. That's because her father and I split up then... so she'd go stay with him sometimes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    First overnighter was when she was 10 weeks old, and we stayed away for 1 night for our wedding anniversary. Since then she has stayed with the grandparents a few times overnight. She has a great time, they love having her, and we enjoy a night away just the 2 of us occasionally.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DD spent last night with my mums. shes 9 months 1 week old.
    she was home from hospital with DH at 9 days old (i had a traumatic labour and i needed to have an operation)

Thanks
    Reviews
    She was only 3 days old (and born 5 weeks premature) when I was discharged from hospital and told to go home while she stayed on at the NICU. I bawled my eyes out at the thought of leaving her there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    the first time i left mine, all three at the same time, DS was nearly 5, DD was just over 3.5 and DD2 was 11 months old and took her first steps while i was away, if i remember rightly. it was with my sister...i rang all the time but she asked me to stop calling, so i put my faith in her. it was totally successful, but we haven't done it too many times.

London is offline β€œI think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My milk randomly dried up at 6weeks so on the weekend of the 7th week my mum took him for one night. He was taking the formula fine and my mum couldnt wait to babysit.
    My son was fine and I slept most of the time that she had him. After that, my mum took him every second weekend for one night for a few months
    Harder to find a sitter now he's old enough to answer back and be cheeky haha

TeamAwesome is offline No one's perfect, but everyone can be awesome.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    DS was 7mo it was our 1st wedding anniversary DH booked a long weekend for us in a nice place about 30mins from his parents house, DS had ebb and had been devouring solids since 4mo but still I could only do a bit over 24hrs away from him I'm a sook. Next time was about 17mo as a trial run a couple of times for when I'd be having DD2 jic. i stayed 2nights as i had bf issues with DS so wanted sorted prior he was with his daddy and had a ball.

DD1 I'm quite sure it must have been when I was having DD2 so she was 22mo DS was 39mo

DD2 was 26mo and they all had a sleep over at grandparents and then at 34mo when I had DD2.

No intentions to leave DD3 anytime soon she's just so little, lol. at this stage I'm aiming for a nice anniversary way for our 10th so she'll be 3y3mo and maybe I'll be less fretful, my kids happily leave me wave bye bye or just brush me of like muuuuum you're in my wa of having fun, lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS1 was 20 months, when I was in hospital after having his brother. He is now almost 4 and has a sleepover with grandparents every couple of months.

DS2 had 2 nights with DH when I had my appendix out. He was 15mo and I left hospy early as it was killing me to be away from him. He is now a year older but only sleeps for me so won't be sleeping at the grandparents for a while yet!