ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Parenting - FAIL!

okay...I HATE school drop off.

chasing, wrestling and handing over my squirming child - makes me feel sick.

totally goes against who I am as a parent.

...that is all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hun I can only imagine how hard it would be - it will get easier. Do they only do Library lessons once a week? Cause I remember seeing C loved Library day, hopefully that will be one day unlike this.

Is there anyway you could chat with the teacher about it?

Sheer Bliss is offline new username time?? this is toooo friggin hard, and NOT Bliss!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Oh hun - I am so sorry it his happening. I don't know what to say. It usually gets easier after a few weeks. My C was soooo clingy (and still has her moments) but after the first month, she was much better. A friends little girl took until almost third term though I know its probably not an option, but is home schooling the first year something to look into? Are you staying to help tomorrow - maybe once that becomes a regular thing he will settle down? I know C really looked fwd to it each week last year.

Oh, and it is NOT a fail, just a bump in the road!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's so hard, I'm sorry it's so difficult. I wish I had some advice for you.

DD is clingy and she cried last Friday, full on tears and snot and I was so upset but didn't show it. The teacher told me in the arvo she was fine in class but he has noticed that she does cry a little bit at morning tea and lunch sometimes, which DD has been saying for the last week also. The first thing she tells when I pick her up is " I cried a little bit today" and it breaks my heart but I try to talk about the positive things about school.

It's so different from last year where she never cried at preschool. The first thing she says when she wakes up is "I don't want to go to school today". Today she's staying at home because she's getting over a cold and she was relieved she didn't have to go. To be honest I think she could've gone cause she's fine now but I knew that she'd have a meltdown. She gets anxious when we approach the gates, and her grip on my hand gets tighter. As I walk off I'm always looking back expecting her to rush out off her class crying for me.

I hope both our children become happier about going to school and separate happily from us in the morning

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bibs - just heart breaking... I hope they become more confident too x

Thanks Love & Bliss

I'll be going into his classroom tomorrow morning. And he has Library day on Wednesday, so fingers crossed they are better days.

Hearing him this morning wake up and state that he "was not getting out of this bed to go to big school EVER" was upsetting..he used to have a ball at Kindy - and I know he enjoyes the day at school, reccess & lunch are fine apparently ..it's just getting there. He gets really anxious and panics.

...twice now he has attempted a runner towards the gate.