+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh my goodness do any of you understand the organisation of cells??

I just cant see to grasp it!!!

Any tips would be great!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 3boysNAprincess View Post
    Oh my goodness do any of you understand the organisation of cells??

I just cant see to grasp it!!!

Any tips would be great!
    Cells Im still working through. I did the quiz on my A & P today and managed 90% naming parts of the anatomy etc so tonight I'm rereading the cells chapter and listening to the lectures. I think I've managed to name most of the components of a cell but the function of these components is where I trip up. I freaked out over the mitacondria (wrong spelling I'm sure) because I couldnt understand the whole transport thing. I'll get there in the end I'm sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 4babies View Post
    Hey Girls..

Well everything has turned out for the best for me, i must say that even studying part time it is still very full on.. the A&P is a massive unit and that is what takes up at least 4 or 5 of my evenings studying. Im Feeling good about studying via distance now, and even though im still gutted im not doing Mid, i may even stick it out with nursing and then go to Mid once i have finished nursing and have that extra degree up my sleeve.. better pay too LOL But we will just see what happens.. i am also missing being on campus.. but this is working for me and my kids right now, so thats the main thing

Im looking forward to my Two Res schools, in April, then it might feel more like being on campus .

Anyways.. heads down bums up... hope everyone is coping ok..

missing Bon and Ria lol hope you two are enjoying it all!!!
    Missing you too, I dont go to biol lectures anymore, not the same lol, Im glad its all working out for you, keep in touch

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got my first real exam for Biology today! I've studied till I've gone cross-eyed so fingers crossed I get a pass.

Nothing like an exam to rattle your confidence.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy1974 View Post
    I've got my first real exam for Biology today! I've studied till I've gone cross-eyed so fingers crossed I get a pass.

Nothing like an exam to rattle your confidence.
    An exam already?! Wow ...

Good luck, let us know how it goes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I'm all done and I'm shocked at how easy it was. Was a few questions I was really unsure of but the majority of them I was pretty confident with. After lab I'm heading home for a long hot bubble bath and a wine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good Luck!! When do you get your results back?

I have my first 2 exams next tuesday IM SO NERVOUS!!!

One is online... But it is timed so it would be hard to cheat anyway..

I also have 2 essays due next week!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

It seems that everyone is in a similiar situation on here. Very busy studying so no time to write much on bubhub. This is my first look on here for a couple of weeks. I have been studying a min of three hours each night and last weekend I studyied half of Saturday and all day sunday at the library and I am only now just starting to even understand what is going on in my bioscience class. Like some others on here have said, I think it is much easier for those that have just left year 12 and studied biology or chemistry. But for me who hasn't studied in 16 years it is taking me probably twice as long to understand even simple concepts!

I have been having some major doubts about my decision to study while I have two young ones at home and my oldest only in prep. I feel like I havent spent any quality time with the kids since I started and I just dont want them to suffer too much. I am hoping that once I get my head around the initial stuff it will get easier. My husband has a theory that they put the hard stuff in the first few weeks of the first year to weed out the people that are not serious by census date, I wonder if that is true??

Hope everyone is doing well. Good luck with exams and assessments!!

Rach

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rachel - I'm freaking out now that I'm not doing anywhere near as much study as you and I've got four subjects!!!!!!

Ive got three essays due next week too. Argh!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by themelster View Post
    Rachel - I'm freaking out now that I'm not doing anywhere near as much study as you and I've got four subjects!!!!!!

Ive got three essays due next week too. Argh!!
    Mel - Don't worry, the only reason I have been studying so much is I really felt like I was not understanding the content. If I had even half a clue, I probably wouldnt be trying as hard. Even with all my effort, I still haven't revised last weeks lecture yet or pre-read anything for tomorrow...Looks like another late night for me!!

See you tomorrow morning!

Rach