+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 494
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    62
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked
    4
    Reviews
    0
    Free bus goes from Toombul and Northgate train station every half hour. Just arrived for my first day. Nerves have kicked in!

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    96
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked
    5
    Reviews
    0
    Hey, Where did you guys get your stethoscope and i also need a Lab Coat, I Have looked on Ebay and it seems Reasonable around $25.00.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Holmview (near beenleigh)
    Posts
    192
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    3
    Reviews
    0
    First day of o week seminars tomorrow!!! so excited. got my labcoat, covered shoes, all my notebooks and folders set up. picking up 2nd last textbook this weekend and last one next weekend. thank god for griffith uni textbook exchange!!!

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Narangba
    Posts
    203
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked
    6
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lovemythreechildren View Post
    Hey, Where did you guys get your stethoscope and i also need a Lab Coat, I Have looked on Ebay and it seems Reasonable around $25.00.
    I brought one of these off ebay for that price and its the cheapest piece of rubbish ever, i gave it to my kids to play with! I suggest if you can get one a little better

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to 4babies For This Useful Post:

    lovemythreechildren  (23-02-2011)

  6. #155
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    62
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked
    4
    Reviews
    0
    Are there any ACU girls here who have tried listening to the online lectures. I have Windows 7 on my pc and for some reason it wont allow me to open it. Is anyone else having this problem? Do I need to download something else to get it to run?

    Thanks in advance.

  7. #156
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy1974 View Post
    Are there any ACU girls here who have tried listening to the online lectures. I have Windows 7 on my pc and for some reason it wont allow me to open it. Is anyone else having this problem? Do I need to download something else to get it to run?

    Thanks in advance.
    hi, you need to install a adobe reader, that should work, search on google and download it, hope that works, also if that doesnt work you may need to change some of your security settings to allow the download.

  8. #157
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    112
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked
    2
    Reviews
    0
    I am off to Uni today and tomorrow for Orientation events! No idea why, but I am even nervous about that! lol

    For those that are second year students, how many hours per subject (outside of contact hours) do you think you need to study? I was thinking I could manage 4-5hrs per subject but that is probably not enough is it?

  9. #158
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,665
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked
    7
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack2006 View Post
    I am off to Uni today and tomorrow for Orientation events! No idea why, but I am even nervous about that! lol

    For those that are second year students, how many hours per subject (outside of contact hours) do you think you need to study? I was thinking I could manage 4-5hrs per subject but that is probably not enough is it?
    I am pretty sure the guidelines they use and give to students is something like 12hours including lectures/tutes per subject per week. I will double check that but am pretty sure that's right.

    Have a great time today and will try and catch up tomorrow some time.

  10. #159
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    112
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked
    2
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 2girls&1boy View Post
    I am pretty sure the guidelines they use and give to students is something like 12hours including lectures/tutes per subject per week. I will double check that but am pretty sure that's right.

    Have a great time today and will try and catch up tomorrow some time.
    I just got back from the 101 Health connect event - which I must say was a bit boring. It covered evrything I had already read on-line about. I hope the mandatory one tomorrow is more interesting.

    I did read though that it is 10 - 12 hours per subject as you said. That seems like a lot and I am wondering where I will fit it all in I need to do 3 hours a night for 4 night of the week, plus attend the conatct hours! I guess I will manage and see how it goes first semester.

    Might see you tomorrow sometimes. I shoud be there by 12.30pm I hope.

  11. #160
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,665
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked
    7
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What subjects are you doing?

    Most lectures are 2 hours (some more)
    Tutes are either 1 or 2 hours long which leaves you about 2 hours per night. Don't worry too much about the actual hours though, remember there are times that you can do some study in between lectures etc. It will work, I promise.

    See you tomorrow


 

Similar Threads

  1. Nursing and Midwifery Study Options....
    By OneLove in forum Hubbers who are studying
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-07-2012, 16:25
  2. Nursing or midwifery students
    By Jensha in forum Hubbers who are studying
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 30-04-2012, 17:31
  3. Distance education Nursing/Midwifery
    By mrsmedic85 in forum Stay At Home Mums (SAHMs) Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 18-01-2012, 08:39

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Baby Car Seats and Infant Car RestraintsBuying a baby car seat? Check out our 'go-to' links here!
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Do people suck...?General Chat
Food and Mood studyResearch Help
Preparing for a NICU babyPregnancy & Birth General Chat
Do you think this is rude?Issues with Family Members
IVF Babies due Sep/Oct/Nov 2017 #2pregnancy and babies through IVF
Yep I cavedStep-parents / Blended families
❤Joyous June/July TTC!❤Conception & Fertility General Chat
Come chat, Ladies who are 40+ TTC or ExpectingConception & Fertility General Chat
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›