ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh dear Gemini, yes, I totally understand that it completely sucks when there always seems to be some reason to be cautious. It would be nice to be completely oblivious to any reason for worry and just enjoy it! Tomorrow will be my fourth scan! I just want for there to be absolutely no reason for concern, for all measurements and indicators to come out spot on average. But not everyone gets to be average I suppose. Just gotta keep trying to get through every day without freaking out too much.

Hopefullysoonplease - Glad to see you join us!! I have had lots of crampiness too and I hate it. Although I think a lot of it is just constipation! So yay, I guess.

Loveabug - So exciting about your upcoming scan! It must feel like ages away as I'm sure it can't come soon enough. I hope the nausea eases up soon. And the spotting too. I haven't had any spotting since my bleeding before 6wks.

Hi to anyone else who might be lurking!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Ladies,

Firstly - congratulations to everyone on making it this far! And commiserations those who didnt get to stay........

I too have been lurking, just plucking up the courage to post....don't want to jinx it!

I am 6.5 weeks preg after 6 ICSI transfers of BFN.....so i am still a little in shock and VERY cautious about getting excited.

My HCG has been very good all the way (HCG 92 at 9dp5dt, HCG 634 at 13 days, HCG 8000 at 5wks and 6wks, it was 43000), but I'm worried about my progesterone levels, they were 53, 74 then 53 respectively over the last 3 bts. I am on 3 x 400mg pessaries per day and progynova tablets. My clinic says they are not worried about the P4 level.....I am!

I have also had lots of spotting, I had bright red bleeding just before I got my BFP and since then I have had tiny brown clots and brown pessary discharge, sometimes darker than others, sometimes none.....again the clinic are not that concerned as it is old blood and they think it is probably a section of my lining sheddin....again, needless to say I am concerned!

I guess I'm after a little bit of encouragement! Do any of you know what your progesterone has been doing in relation to your HCG?

I have my first scan on Tuesday the 12th....praying for a heartbeat!

Sarah
    x

p.s. EDD 28th Nov

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Sarahandchaz - Welcome and congratulations

Good to hear that your clinic isnt concerned with your spotting. I came on here to find answers about a similar thing lol. From what I have heard from alot of my pregnant friends, and from what I have googled, it seems to be pretty normal. But we all have a reason to be cautious, especially after endless BFNs etc.

Goodluck for your scan on the 12th!! I have another scan on that day too.

Thanks for your help with everything Wait4u - I felt alot better reading your post.

Im a bit worried this morning though. I have this really gluggy brown discharge, which I have never had before. I have tiny tiny cramps, but Im not sure if thats just in my head lol. But the discharge is really really light brown, nothing I have seen before. So im sooooooo worried. Its not red, which I guess is a good sign, but worrying it could be the start of something considering my last scan wasnt that promising.

Grrrr...its so hard to enjoy this when stuff like this keeps happening. My FS is really blunt, and straight to the point, so when she did my scan, she pretty much said, Im worried abou this pregnancy, it could go one way or the other, so lets just pray, whereas the nurse who rang to tell me my new scan appointment, was all happy and saying everything looked good, congratulations, etc etc. Maybe she is just really optimistic. I dunno. This is driving me crazy.

Sorry for the rant, im just stressing big time, dont know what to think

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gemini - try not to worry too much, if its more brown than red, then that is ok....means its old blood....I was told with my bleeding and brown discharge (and I have had lots of it) that is more than likely just a spot on my lining that is shedding. As for cramping, I have had cramps, not unlike AF, since my transfer and get them pretty much everyday.....both the FNs and my acupuncturist said its very normal to get cramping as the uterus expands.

Hang in there!

Sarah x

Thanks
    Reviews
    WOW it's been busy in here. It was so quiet for a while then bam, lots of preggy women joining

Gemini85 - oh honey I know you must be stressing but there have been plenty of girls I have stalked over the years that had a bub one week behind. Some are just late implanters. I too have had a brown discharge a few weeks ago and it stressed me out too. My OBGYN said it is because I was on SO much support which was causing the spotting. I have had on and off af type pains and yes that too is normal.

Wait4u - How did the scan go? I look forward to hearing fabulous results!

Loveabug - All the best for your scan on Sunday. As I said above to Gemini85 I too spotted around my 7th/8th week.

Hopefullysoonplease - I know what you mean about posting too soon, its like we don't want to jinx ourselves. It's so hard to enjoy being pregnant in the early days. All the best for your scan next Thursday.

sarahandchaz - Welcome babe. No my fs wasn't too concerned re my Progesterone levels. Tuesday cant come here quick enough to hear the heartbeat. for you (not that I think you need it, your hcg levels are fantastic)

AFM - I had my 11week OBGYN appointment today. I was soooooo anxious.
    No more dildo cam which is great. I was very anxious going in but all is fantastic. Both bubs are measuring exactly 11 weeks and 2 days which I am, so spot on. Both heart beats were fabulous. One baby was very active, not that I can feel anything this early, but on the screen you could see it waving its little hands and moving its legs. The other one was sleeping (my husband said that's like it's Mum but can you see the foxtel remote in there?) he he The OBGYN had a little giggle. It still feels so surreal, and they look like babies now.

I look forward to hearing wonderful scan results next week from those anxiously waiting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladymoz - great news regarding your scan!! You must be soooo excited. Must be awesome now that they look like babies. Wow, twins, everyone is having twins lol. Super exciting.

Thanks for your advice re the spotting. I have never seen that colour before though, it looked really odd, but like everyone has said, as long as its not red, I should be ok. Hopefully mine was just a late implanter. Cause my HCG levels were low at first, but they increased like they should, so maybe that was just the case. Which would mean it would look a little smaller than it should too. Got another scan next Tuesday to see if its improved Im just hoping that the discharge and cramps were a sign of it growing a bit bigger!! Phew, its so nerve racking.

Bloody technology, thats the problem. In the old days, it was a simple 'you're pregnant" and a scan at 12 weeks, now its all about levels, and beats per minute when its the size of a grain of rice, and all that other stuff they monitor. Gives you a million reasons to worry when half the time there is no reason to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

Sarahandchaz - welcome! My progesterone levels haven't been checked so I don't know if they are ok! But still being preggas is a good sign! I think if progesterone was a problem is usually upsets things pretty early on and I've heard anything over 30 is fine. Its awful how much we worry even when the experts tell us not to.

Gemini85 - I also had the gluggy brown discharge this morning and am trying not to freak out. I think most of it was pessary with old blood in it although there were a few little red bits. Haven't had any since this morning though. FN said to rest and call if there was any more. She said if there wasn't then it would probably be fine. I'm a bit sick of 'probably'. I maybe have some little pains but also just super sensitive to them! So I'm trying to tell myself, if they are not really severe then it's 'probably' fine.

Ladymoz - How exciting to get past the dildo cam stage!! And to have actually little baby-looking bubbas! I'm so excited for you!

AFM - My scan on Wednesday went well with FS saying everything was perfect. The heartbeat looked much stronger than last week. It has definitely grown but the measurement on the photo I got dated more than a week behind. Which has still got me worried. Although I'm trying to trust the FSs description of perfect. Now the brown with a little red discharge this morning - hard not to turn into a complete fruit loop.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Ladies

Seems we are getting quite a little group up....I hope we all make it to the end!

Just a quick one from me...... RED blood this afternoon.....not flowing just when I wiped after going to the loo.....Tuesday can't come quick enough for some answers. Rang clinic who weren't too worried as it's not heavy. Fx it's all ok......but v worried

X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sarahandchaz - it is all ok. Totally get how worried you must be. It is a very scary experience and I found I didn't know what to do with myself. Just have to try and make it through to your scan. At 5w5d I had a little brown blood and then at 6w I felt a rush of blood come out and it was bright red. But there was no more after that. My FS said that he's surprised pregnant women don't bleed more often with the stuff that's going on inside us. I hope you can find a way to stay mostly calm and hopeful. Treat yourself lots and do whatever you have to to get through the next few days (except maybe getting sloshed ). Thinking of you.

Gemini85 - I was reading that with IVF pregnancies where the embryo and sac are small-for-dates but a heart rate has been detected, it is more likely to continue as a healthy pregnancy than this same issue in a naturally conceived pregnancy.

Good luck girls for you scans on Tuesday!

Thanks
    Reviews
    thank you so much wait4u. that is so relieving to hear. only 2 more sleeps til my scan so i guess i will know then one way or another. just dreading the bad news as hubby is away so im not sure how i will handle it. how are you feeling? Goodluck to everyone else with their scans xoxo