+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Nat84u, Calicious and Luvmybub08 - sorry for your loss, its so heartbreaking. IVF is such an emotional roller coaster let alone dealing with loss. Sending you all strength and courage.

Lyninthesun -I know what you mean, when my clinic phoned to say I had a BFP it was like - congrats your pregnant and we will see you next for a 7 week scan. I was concerned as my levels were low but nope no blood tests. When I went for the 7 week scan all they did was check for about 2 secs that a heartbeat was there. Was not told the heartbeat rate or anything and again they said no blood test was necessary. The Doctor then informed us there is still a 1 in 7 chance that I may lose the baby before the 12 week mark and off I went on that happy note. I suppose its because we are so used to being poked and proded and monitored that we are like "what thats it?" no further monitoring, surely there must be something you can test for.

As for symptoms all I can say is "good grief" as I was totally unprepared. From about 6 weeks on I have been totally bloated with constipation and more gas production than a 150kg man who has been eating beans all day! I am also more iritable and really tired with a constant feeling of sickness but I am not actually being sick which is good. At other times I have been short of breath with a feeling like my blood is racing around my body and my fingers start shaking!! I actually feel embarrassed as I never knew the symptoms could be as bad or as varied. How much I have to learn!!

I love reading how everyone is going especially as I have not told anyone yet.

Take care

Thanks
    Reviews
    jaybee - for today honey

luvmybub08 - I am so sorry for your loss sweetie, there is nothing I can say to make you feel better, I just wish you loads of strength to get through this difficult time

Pink Roses - Oh my gosh, I have the exact same symptoms as you, snap. You had my in hysterics re your 'more gas production than a 150kg man' I hear you girlfriend The constant feeling sick is so not fun, sometimes I just wish I would spew then I would feel better, probably not though.

AFM - My DH and I went for the heart beat scan this morning and we have 2 beautiful strong heart beats so it's definitely twins for me. I would say that's why I have been feeling so rotten. My DH and I are full of emotions, here comes our instant family We are so thrilled although scared. There's obviously risk for premature babies when you have more than one. All I can do is make sure I look after myself, not getting stressed and lots of rest.

I hope everyone is doing fabulous

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jaybee - I hope all is well.

Ladymoz - YAY for twins. I'm more excited for you about twins than i am about mine.

This forced couch rest has given me far too much time to think.
    How can we afford two of everything?
    I'm probably going to have to finish work earlier (I'm busy and on my feet all shift)?
    I was originally going to go back to work for 1 shift a week 10/12 months, but I can't leave 2 babies with my mum/MIL.

And then DH works away, 4 weeks at a time.

I don't know if some of ladies are like me and have thought a lot about pregnancy/babies while going through IVF. I was going to use a sling to carry the bubba during the day, have a bassinet in my room, get a nice pram with a capsule. But cant carry twins in a sling, can't afford 2 capsules or 2 bassinets.

But I think I'm just thinking too much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    speckled,
    Now no stressing young lady. Honestly, I think you will find a way to manage. But I suggest when you want to announce to your friends that you are pregnant, with twins, that you post on Facebook (if you use this) and ask for seconds of anything and if your friends can ask their friends.

My DH and I are going to be smart for what we ask for as presents, instead of clothes, if perhaps you had an "account" at a bub store or if your parents/in laws pay for something like the big ticket items, the cots or twin pram. That's what we will be doing.

If you Google twin costs, there are lots of cost saving ideas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,
    I have been MIA for a few days, just busy with work and a 19mth old and life in general.
    It was good news on Monday, hcg tripled from Friday to 153! So we are officially preggers!! Still keeping it very quiet atm, have only told our parents.
    Due date is around 9th November, have a b/t next week to see if i can come off some of the meds (frozen cycle) and will have the 7wk scan towards the end of this month.
    I still am in denial, don't have any symptoms except for a really sore back. Buy I didn't have many symptoms with my first pg (except for frequent bleeding noses) so not too worried there.
    To those expecting twins, everyone says how hard it will be to have 2 babies at once, but if you haven't had a singleton before, twins will be all you will know and that will be your "normal". As far as costs go, borrow everything you can! Babies don't know if something isn't brand new and they don't care ;-) I borrowed heaps of things with DS1, and will do so again. My mum has a bassinet that my sister and I slept in (separately we are not twins), that has since been lent out to another 6 babies! And I plan to borrow it again.
    Looking forward to hearing how everyone is going :-) :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All

I AM SO OVER MORNING SICKNESS GGGGRRRRRR.......... I am feeling so sick all day long. Hanging onto the toliet at least 3 or 4 times through out the day.

On the up side at least I know I am defeantly Pregnant. Does anyone have any hints or tips for moning sickness any help would be great. I have tried lots of different things; tablets, small meals regulary, ginger (which made me worse) and dry food. Nothing seems to be working even water is making me feel sick.

On a positive note 7 week scan tomorrow morning. Cant wait. Just hoping that there is only on heart beat. LOL.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Neecoleg - re morning sickness I also tried everything and ginger made it worse too. My friend mentioned that orange juice helped her when pregnant (in theory orange juice should not help due to the sugar). I have felt much better this week drinking some oj in the morning and in the evening. However it could also be coincidence as I am now 9 weeks so perhaps the nausea would of eased anyway but thought I would mention the oj anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I heard sucking on a mint helps with morning sickness, I have been sucking on tick tacks and it has helped.

I just wish I could enjoy food again. I am constantly hungry although every time I eat I struggle with it. I'm just trying to eat lots of small meals throughout the day, just grazing. It's when I sit down to an evening meal, everything just tastes "different" and I can't stomach it

Have a fab weekend pregnant ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello, is anyone there? Where are my fellow pregnant friends due Oct/Nov/Dec???
    I'm all by myself here

Well an update for myself
    Had my first OB appointment today and all is well with both bubs. They are both measuring exactly 8 weeks and 2 days, which is exact. Both heartbeats were perfect. I'm so happy all is well so far It's hard after so many ivf attempts to get bad news after bad news to finally get positive results yayyyyy

If anyone reads this, I hope everyone is doing well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ladymoz - that's excellent news about your scan! So happy for you, and you must be pretty excited! I think maybe this thread is off to a slow start because IVFers know heartbreak all too well, and are hesitant in posting incase something happens. You'll find that more will post after their first scan, or after the 12 week magical mark even! Hope everything continues to go well for you.