+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    second baby not so easy - Glad to hear all is well. Yes I have packed my hospital bag, well 90% of it. I am just waiting for some sunny days (as we have had rain) so I can wash the bubs clothes I need to take with me.

AFM - Had a great day today seeing my obgyn at my weekly appointment. Twin 1 has finally moved out of breach position It's placenta is still not out of the safety zone so it's still a C section for me. Today's technology hey, next week my obgyn is having me get an injection, a steroid to help the bubs little lungs just in case they come early. He thinks I am just going to run out of room as my uterus is sitting quite high. I'm laying low for the mo, the more pressure I put on my cervix the sooner the bubs will want to arrive into this world. Only 5 1/2 weeks to go In a way I don't want them to come out, I quite enjoy being preggers. No real complaints now that this twin has moved its head from under my ribs.... .what a good baby. My feet are disgustingly swollen, the left one is swollen on the ball of my foot so I am kind of limping at the mo. It's forced me to rest more which is good. Oh and the reflux.... terrible, not fun vomiting in your mouth. I am nervous having these babies, I have read lots of books but it kind of feels it has gone in one ear and out the other. I think I have just stored lots of info in my memory bank and when I need it, hopefully I can dig it out. I still can't believe I am 31 +2 I don't think a new mum can be 100% prepared, I hope to rely on my motherly instincts!!! But 2 babies arggggggg

It's quite on our little thread, I hope everyone is doing well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would like to announce the arrival of my twin girls. Caitlyn Rose, 1.2kg; Georgia Mary, 1.5kg; delivered at 31 weeks via unplanned c-section on the 24 th august.

I had been having fortnightly growth scans and it showed Caitlyn had stopped growing and the placenta didn't look healthy. A c- section was booked for 32 weeks, and bubs were monitored closely. My membranes ruptured and so a c-section was performed a few hours later.

The girls are off their respiratory support and out of ICU. I am off bed rest after 12 weeks (yay!) and am at home and allowed to walk.

Thank you for everyone's well wishes and kind thoughts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Speckled: it is great news that you and your bubs are ok. I have been thinking about you a lot. We were due the same time.

I am now 32 weeks and the hospital have started monitoring my little bubs growth and the blood flow through the umbilical cord. Currently she measures 30 weeks, there is some restriction in the umbilical cord and the person doing the ultrasound said that the placenta had started to harden. I see the doc on Friday so will see what they say.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Speckled - Congrats for your little ones and glad they are out of ICU. 12wks bed rest omg!!!! Its amazing how they can keep an eye on so much! you will be able to take them home in a few weeks.

I think you are the 1st one to have their babies on this thread!!!

Ladymoz - for the bubs getting out of the breech position!! Yeah it is amazing with all the technology that is available. Hopefully your cervix holds off for another 5 weeks Even though I had a singleton with DS, it will be a lot more work, but yeah have books to help you. But at 1st you will feel at of your element and it does take time but you will be fine. Its just double work for you lol.

AFM - ob appt tomorrow this last 4 wks have gone fast. Still not much work done in nursery. Heaps of fluid retention in my legs and hands which I didnt get with DS so it feels constant, getting reflux again. I think the baby has moved, so its bum is just under my left ribs but will check tomorrow, the last 2 wks it has felt I have another growth spurt - some of my maternity clothes are feeling tighter but Im just hoping Ive put weight on my legs etc. Baby is moving heaps now, Dh finally felt and saw it move this week and DS is very cute as he talks to he/she through the belly button.

It still doesnt feel real that in a few months we will be holding our little one!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Speckled - Congrats sweetie, I'm so happy for you and your little angels are out of ICU. wow, I bet you are happy to be home. Aww I'm just so happy for you have the best time enjoying your little ones they are so precious.

Ladymoz - I think your next!! Rest up sweetie you deserve it, OMG how exciting.

How is everyone else doing?? Ended up getting Cot, Robe & Drawers all Boori on Ebay for about a grand, so pretty happy with that. Bubs is moving everyday and next OB appt in next week and will be 24 weeks, sounds so long away compared to everyone else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Speckled thats wonderful news!! Glad to hear you and your girls are doing well love their names. Keep us updated on any tips you have.

Looloo well done in getting all Boori stuff from Ebay, the nursery is going to great! I bet you can't wait to set it all up.

Second baby not so easy hope the fluid and reflux eases up soon for you. I have the reflux happening and its not pleasant but I find Mylanta helps.

neecoleg its good to doctor is keeping on eye on bubs, 32 weeks already that has gone fast.

Not long for you ladymoz hope your resting as much as you can. Good to hear bubs has moved out of breach position.

AFM had my 26 scan on Tuesday and thankfully my placenta has moved up. I did the Gestational Diabetes test and rang them when I didn't hear back but apparently i didn't get G/D this time so I'm really happy about that. Can't believe I've got 13 weeks to go still feels like ages compared to some of you girls. Good luck everyone. Let us know any tips when bubs comes of what you find good and whats not as I really don't have time to research like I used to with my DS running amok all day. He is sweet and kisses my stomach when I say kiss the bubba, then reaches up and kisses me. I was worried having a boy he wouldn't be affectionate but so glad he is. Lots to look forward to ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Speckled - Congratulations on your darling girls, SO happy to hear that they are out of ICU. I can't believe you did 12 weeks bed rest, the things you do to ensure the best for your babies!!! You are a supermumma!!!!

neecoleg - I hope all went well with yesterday's appointment, thinking of you hun

second baby not so easy- I so feel for you hun, I have major fluid and reflux... I now have canckles and look like big foot

Looloo - The Boori stuff is gorgeous, your nursery is going to look fabo! I totally enjoyed setting our nursery up, it kind of makes it more surreal.

Butterfli that the placenta has moved up and also no Gestational Diabetes woot woot

AFM - 4 1/2 weeks to go OMFG I can't believe it. Part of me is excited but part of me is pooping bricks... 2 babies.... WOW So far so good, my obgyn last week said I have "happy babies" they are perfect size for if they were singleton's which is usually unusual for twins. I am having Braxton Hicks though, not so pleasant and a bit scary as it was a reality hit my body telling me it is preparing for birth arrrrrrrrr.... still so surreal. I have my last ultrasound sound next Thursday. My babies must be saying hi to you all as they are currently disco dancing in my tummy

I can't believe it might be me next. We've been following each others journeys for so long now and for the end result to finally be here, it is exciting

Mwah x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Speckled - that's awesome news, so glad everything turned out great for you! I was thinking of you often and wondering where you might be! Congrats on the arrival of your precious little bundles...I certainly would have gone MAD being stuck in bed for 12 weeks! I hope you are enjoying being a mumma...I cant wait!

Glad to hear everyone else is still cruising along.

AFM - I am 28 weeks + 3 today. All seems to be going along smoothly. I have a scan booked for the 19th to monitor bubs growth. DH and I went to the hospital last week to book in (we are going private), and met with the midwives. We are going on a day long antenatal course in mid Oct...I'll be about 34 weeks by then, but we couldn't get in any earlier, at least it will all be fresh in my mind! I still havent popped yet, most people are still saying im very small and that I dont look 7 months, I just tell them that she is curled up in my bum! I dont feel small at all! I have to sit a little away from my desk at work, if I push up against it she starts kicking it away! Im also getting swelling at the end of the day and plenty of reflux..yuk.

Has everyone thought about their birth plans? I am planning on going for natural...but am open to an epidural or caesar if needed...fingers crossed its easy as pie and she just falls out...yes, I know....DREAMING!!

Sarah xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Morning girls,

Looloo - thats awesome that you got all that on ebay!!! Ive got some stuff on layby. Im just a few weeks ahead of you and it does feel like ages away but Im looking at only over 3 months to go!!!

Butterfli - for the placenta moving!! Yeah my DS is very cute he talks to the baby via the belly button!!

Ladymoz - wow so close

Sarahandchaz - I really enjoyed the hospital visit and classes it feels so real!!

AFM - had my ob appt last week, I have fluid etc which I knew but bubs has not moved out from under my ribs so still breech which isnt an issue. But issue is i have heaps of amniotic fluid, same as DS so which means it will be hard for baby to get into the cervix as it "floats". But Ob is now concerened as at 24 wks I measuring 31 wks (so 7 wks ahead) so hopefully I dont speed up anymore. So roughly at 32 wks baby will be classified as full term in length. So I might have to leave work a bit earlier than I wanted etc. My back is killing me and my fluid retention is awesome lol. So looking at a BIG baby and my Ob really wants me to have a c-section now and so does dh. But good news is my blood pressure is good!!! Having my GD test next week, I didnt have that with DS so I dont have it now (but that would explain the size of bubs!) I was a bit upset about all these things. But then thought - who cares if I have to leave work at 4/5 wks before due date, or if baby is like a 10pd, cankles, gd etc. As long as we are holding our healthy baby - I need to focus on that and not the fact that I am not superwoman!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sarah - My DH and I are going private too. My antenatal course is tomorrow. I am glad I booked it this late as it will be fresh in my mind, I don't want this 'baby brain' to have it all go in one ear and out the other! I have to have a c-section because I am pregnant with twins, there is just too much of a risk to twin 2 if I was to go natural, I have not come all this way to jeopardize her. Maybe I can have a VBAC for baby number 3 he he he Don't worry, everyone has told me how small I am but I was really fit before getting pregnant, even had abs (oh the memories ) and have been told I am "all babies" so everyone's comments I tell them that to shut them up.

secondbabynotsoeasy - Hopefully bubs will turn for you, twin A turned at 30 weeks, thank chriiiist the pain under my ribs was murder. I am a bit scared, the babies are not measuring ahead but my uterus is, my obgyn tells me it measures about 37 weeks and he hopes I don't 'run out of room'. You are right though, focus on that you are pregnant with a healthy baby as you said

AFM - I had my last ultrasound yesterday and came out of there really really happy both babies are in the 'medium' range, 2 kilo's each for 33 weeks. The placenta has fully moved away from my cervix so that's great too. My cervix is still closed and babies are no where near my pelvis to exit stage right I met with my obgyn and he is really happy I have made it this far. Just over 3 weeks to go. COME ON BABIES YOU CAN DO IT