+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Pregnant Mummas.
    Just checking in and seeing how everyone is doing. It's quiet on here. I suppose no news is good news hey.

Second baby not so easy - Your baby has long legs hey, probably booting you a lot too.

Tatijana - 25 weeks already, I think you must be the closest to their due date?? I am 23 weeks now but I will probably have these bubbas before you have yours since twins normally arrive earlier. I pray with everything that they don't arrive before their due date. Only 4 weeks until I go on maternity leave which I will then wrap myself up in cotton wool.

butterfli - I bet you are counting down the days until that 20 weeks scan for you babe

looloo711- Not long hun until the 6th for you too honey. After everything us ivf girls have been through to get pregnant I keep thinking that surely "they" can't be that cruel to us!!!

AFM nothing to report really. My hubby has gone o/s for work back in 6 weeks. My bump is getting bigger but people say I am small for 23 weeks with twins. I was a small frame before getting pregnant and so far I'm all babies. I have developed a sweet tooth which tells me I have one or two girls at least, I think the weight will pile on when I stop working. It's amazing now as not only do these babies kick me a lot, I can see my tummy move when they do so. It brought me to tears watching these movements the other night. It does look a bit alien like though

Mwah xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hello Mummas

just wanted to check in and see how all the little miracles are going, and by the looks of things your are going so well.

AFM well we are trying again this month but still have to wait until the end of the month for the FET so still waiting but fingers crossed this is our month.

Congratulations everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Ladies,

Loveabug - good luck for your FET at the end of the month, I hope time flies til then. Your luck youve got HEAPS of frosties to fall back on....but hopefully just the one will do it!

Looloo711 - I have heard plenty say that the amnio is not as bad as they'd expected. Goodluck for Wednesday

Great to hear everyone else is moving along smoothly!

AFM - I have my 19 week scan tomorrow....little bit nervous...I have a doppler at home and can pick up the heartbeat easily, but just worried anyway, I dont think I'll totally relax until I pass about the 30 week mark. Im still not showing much for 19 wks and constantly having people say 'wow, you're REALLY small for 19 wks' or 'you dont even look pregnant' doesn't really help when I'm already anxious that bubs it not 'growing' at the right rate...only one more sleep til we find out.

We are going to find out the sex tomorrow if bubs co-operates....I want to know for this first one, if we are lucky enough to have any more I think we'd let it be a surprise....though I'm not very good at surprises! Hubby has to buy my birthday and xmas present as close to the day as possible, otherwise I'm snooping

Have to book into the hospital at the end of the week when I turn 20 weeks and fork out $2000 for my obs delivery fee....from what I've heard thats a pretty good rate?? I will be delivering in a private hospital. The rest is bl00dy expensive though, its $90 everytime I see the obs, but zip if its just the midwife!...but I spose not as bad as IVF expenses....

Sarah x

Thanks
    Reviews
    SarahandChaz, best of luck with your Morphology scan tommorrow I'm sure everything will be just fine. How exciting that your going to find out the sex! your hubby is like mine and gets presents for me the last day, so I dont' check out the credit card beforehand and have a peak! He tries so hard to surprise me with different things but I ruin it everytime unintentionally of course

My OB fee is $2300, so just a little higher than yours but you said you have to pay each time you visit your OB $90, mine is all included and doesn't cost anything. Although for the special scans such as NT and morphology they are elsewhere and I have to pay between $200-300 for those. Thankfully we're over the threshhold due to IVF so majority I get back.

Loveabug, best of luck with your FET I hope its a sticky one for you, keep us updated

Looloo, best of luck for Wednesday the process doesn't even take more than 5 minutes and I had my eyes shut! I remember even saying to them, this isn't as bad as I thought. Good luck

Ladymoz, thats a long time your DH is away, I hope it goes fast for you both. Thats amazing that your bubs are kicking and you can see your tummy move, I can't wait for that to happen and it will feel more real.

AFM nothing to report just plodding along waiting for my Morphology scan Thursday week away. 18 weeks this Wednesday, have popped out a little bit. I love it when my DS rests his head on my bump, he is only 13 months. Thankfully still fitting into my jeans so far.
    Last edited by butterfli; 04-07-2011 at 10:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girls!,

Tatijana - less than 9 weeks to go before you leave work!! lucky . Im aggreance with you I cant wait for the birth as at the end of the day you will be holding your new baby

Butterfli - and goodluck with 20 wk scan

Looloo - only 2 more days for your scan and its all fine

Ladymoz - For size of bellies it doesnt really represent the true side of the baby sometimes, my girlfriend was really small and was ready to smack someone when there like wow ur tiny are you sure your .... wks, she ended up with a 9pd baby that even suprised me!!!!

Lovebug - this is your month

Sarah&Chaz - goodluck with 19wk scan, (ive still got 3 wks to go!) when people say how tiny you are it would defiantly play on our insecurities (sp) but as per Ladymoz is doesnt all ways mean a small bubs and you might just be hiding it better

AFM - regarding private ob's I think mine is around $2000 also, appts are about $60 and the u/s they just charge medicare so I dont have to pay it. Nt and 19 wk scan are around $230-300. So it looks like a lot of us our similar in costing. This is roughly the same as with DS1. We had to pay a gap at the private hospital as Dh stayed there the whole time and we payed $35 a day for him for boarding and food, which was sooo awesome which is why we choose that hospital as it is "family" focussed and we are going back there again. Talking about hospitals gets me all excitied and way ahead of myself I still have 24 weeks to go

Im actually showing alot (sorry!) my belly button is pushed up and im carrying really high (similar to DS1) It's nice to look pregnant after so many years trying to get here, and im soooo enjoying it.

But I have been so sick, I catch every cold going around, over the weekend I spent most of it in bed with a head cold. I get stretching feelings and sore tummies. My boobs are so sore and I leaked a bit from 1 b00b on the weekend ( I am already looking like dolly parton ) . I am also feeling the fluttering the last few weeks and cant wait to actually see my tummy move. So its now starting to feel so much "real" now. So apart from feeling like crap due to the colds I am really enjoying the changes.

How is everyone going in the winter period? is there a vitamin I should be taking extra to try and keep all these colds away?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's 85% girl.... No wiggly bits seen on scan!!
    )))

Thanks
    Reviews
    Second baby not so easy - I agree, some larger girls look really pregnant and have tiny babies. I just wish people would keep their comments to themselves, I suppose though I better get used to it because I know everyone in my life will become 'twin experts' when these babies are born. I just have to suck it up, I just don't think I will be able to when I will be running on little to no sleep and have 2 babies suck the life out of me. I think I may snap at my mother-in-law

sarahandchaz -

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI Girls!

Just got results back from Amnio and have been given the ALL CLEAR!

Now we can move on and start to get things ready to meet this lil bubba. Have been looking for some furniture and car seats so far, nothing purchased yet though, but looking forward to getting nursery set up!

Sarahandchaz - Yay for a little girl.

Our OB fee is $2400 and $80 each time we see him, so yours is cheaper. Does anyone know if and how much you get back Medicare?

secondbaby - Sorry to hear about the flu. I'm pretty lucky that way dont get sick hardly. Wow for movement I can't wait,but this is our first, so I'm not sure if I will be able to tell with first movements.

Butterfli- Not long till you can see bubs again! Our little one wasn't moving much yesterday, just sleeping, but was well behaved for amnio and stayed away,phew! Still in my jeans aswell, but not sure for how long, have a massive muffin top

Ladymoz- thats a bit sucky about DH being away for so long, hope you are moving along nicely though.

How's everyone going with stretch marks? Have been using Palmers and bio oil, but I have got them already!! I suppose if your going to get them then there is not much more I can do

Thanks
    Reviews
    looloo711 That is the best news I have heard all day that your bubba got the all clear woot woot

I am officially uncomfortable I am 100% needing to buy some maternity clothes. I wore stockings yesterday and they cut my circulation off, I wore a skirt yesterday (with the zip undone) and a top over but now I can't handle anything tight touching my belly. I am in a winter dress today with knee high flat boots and feeling sooooooooooo much comfortable.

I am using Palmer's Coconut Butter and only got a couple of strechies under my (.)(.) as I wasn't using it there, am now though. I don't mind as you can't see them, glad I noticed they were starting before they became obvious. My obgyn said it's all in your genes and there is nothing you can do to prevent them. Well I am going to continue with the butter, no harm in trying.

These babies are becoming so active now. Today I could actually feel through my hand touching my belly 4 tiny feet pushing against me sooooooooooooooo precious I want to stay pregnant forever

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girls, are any of checking out the toy sales

Looloo - for being the all clear!!!!

Sarahandchaz - wow a little girl!!!

Ladymoz - my DS1 is nearly 5 and my I still want to slap my MIL sometimes , as ive been so sick she said "so ur leaving work soon, as u promised dh u would take it easy etc etc" no im not even 4 months yet and my ob said I was fine - grrrr. It doesnt stop with people giving you advise this is my second pregnancy and people are still telling me what I should and shouldnt do in pregnancy .

Ive got good genes lol and got hardly any stretch marks the 1st time. my gf hate me for it, I just made sure I had at least 2 lts of water and day and I use baby oil, would have a bath once a week with baby oil in it.

AFM - to add now to my lists of sickness I have gotten a tooth ache, the tooth that I have had a root canal on, which has caused an absesos above my gums so im really sore and swallon in my cheek area. Dentsit's hands are tied a bit as im pregnant and cant take x-rays so may need to go to oral surgen to get it removed, but were trying a softer approach with antibiotics to see if that gets rid of the absesos and then hopefully I can hold off till bubs is here.

I lost it at 2 am thu morning as woke up in pain, bawling my eyes out as with all the glandular fever, broncitis, throat infection and now this I havnt had 1 day that I actually felt well and you kind of blame yourself, im not eating properly, I lifted up that bag of potatoes etc. Felt like an idiot by the arvo and the tooth wasnt as big as a problem as i thought Also I thought I couldnt take pandeine forte, but ob said it was class A med so it doesnt affect baby as cant go through the placenta, so I had one last night to ease the tooth and had the best sleep

A few more weeks and I have 19 wks scan