+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Looloo, how are you going? Not long till your 10 weeks scan. Time just drags on but its all worth it when you get to see your bub each time during the scan. I’ve sort of tossed around a few names with DH some get a complete arhh um no and the other names he is oking so they’re shortlisted. Are you going to find out the sex of your bub? Funny enough I know the sex of mine…. Read the AFM section

Ladymoz, how lovely that you are now feeling your bubs kick and prod you. Its so reassuring. I can’t wait to get to that stage. I’m sure towards the latter stages you will be growing heaps as bubs gets bigger. It’s a good thing you haven’t put on much yet so your still comfortable. Last time I only managed to put on 11kgs and I actually weigh less at this stage of the pregnancy than last time. I put on 5kg with OHSS so I was glad to get rid of that. Chasing after my DS is my excercise Love the African theme idea that sounds really nice. I stuck to good ole winnie the pooh here with DS not sure yet with the next one.

Speckled, how are you, sounds like you’ve had a bit of a rough trot. The blessing is that they’re keeping a close watch on you and your twins to make sure that all three of you are safe . I’m praying that they stay snuggled to at least 28 weeks for you. You could be our first. Take care hun and rest as much as you can. As soon enough you’ll be run off your feet with two bubbas

Maybebaby74, Best of luck for your 12 week scan this week, I hope it all goes really well for you. I love the name Sebastian and so does DH its on our short list too as well as Zachary. Its so exciting picking names although agreeing with DH can be a struggle at times. For some reason he has to relate to a celebrity or someone he knew / knows from primary school or something….and gets turned off . Who cares they won’t know our baby

AFM as you know I had my NT scan last Tuesday….. well that didn’t go too well....... although my bub is measuring 4 days ahead so that was excellent. But they were worried about D/S due to the measurement of the neck. They couldn’t get any blood out of me (tried twice!!!) I thought I’ve been going through so many needles due to IVF so that was a first. But they didn’t bother in the end. So obviously I was devastated that I had 1 / 5 chance of my baby having D/S. DH had to meet me there as I wasn’t in a good state and I had my DS with me. The receptionist rang my OB and he wanted to see us straightaway to have a chat so we went afterwards.

Anyway I ended up having a CVS on Thursday which wasn’t too bad but I was very scared and had next to no sleep with worry (DH took a couple of days off as I couldn’t do any lifting including my DS). Then on Friday afternoon I got the phone call……………. and I got the ALL CLEAR that my bub doesn’t have D/S I was so relieved.

Obviously we are both still shell shocked over the weekend about what happened and we didnt' end up spreading our news. I think we’ll wait till next week end and hopefully we can get excited again. At the moment I just feel like keeping it to ourselves till I know 100% that every part of my baby is ok but that’s not possible I know.

Sorry about the bit of a downer post but now you can see why I wasn’t up to writing about it earlier. But at least so far it had a good ending… and another thing I’m having another boy so I’m happy to give DS a playmate but shocked I know already!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey girls, I have been reading but really anxious untill we hit 13 wk mark so havent really been posting untill I can relax a bit , I have my nt 12wk scan next fri 10th June which is stressing me out also.

to everyone

speckled - bed rest sucks, sending you some that your cervix stays closed.

Butterfli - im glad eventually the tests came back good

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI All!

Butterfli - how anxious you must have been! Thank god it all worked out for the best. And to know that you are having another little man, how very exciting at least now, you name picking can be halved!

Ladymoz - I like you idea of "power names" cant say I have ever heard that before, although with twins it would be even cooler, don't most twinnies share the same first intial...Not sure about finding out the sex I gues only you can make that call, but the African theme sounds great coz can be for both if you have one of each.

Speckled - Sounds like you are having a rough trot. Bed rest must be a bit frustrating, I hope things stay alright and your bubbas are in there for as long as possible!!

Maybebaby - When is your 12 week scan? Hope you dont have to wait long for results. Alexander is nice I like that, I think though only coz I like Xander as nick name. Emily Rose is classic love it.

AFM - Had 10 week scan today and bubba is measuring 1 day ahead, and was grooving! Was a very active little one, was so amazing. Very happy with our OB, he made us very comforatble. We have a boys name picked, have decided on Carter. Still tossing up girls names but have shortlisted Sophia, Lila,Serena (DH not so keen) and Eva. We originally wanted Eva, but have had a neice since named Ava, so I think is too close, DH still wants it though. We are not going to find out sex, our theory is we didn't get the surprise as such as when we found out we were preggers so would like to keep the sex a surprise.

Chat soon x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Looloo- 12 week scan was today but more about that later. I love Sophia too but SIL just called her new little one Sophie. Glad your scan went well - I love them just to see the baby!
    Butterfli - you must be so relieved that everything is okay, 12 week scan can be really scary - sorry you had to go through all that hope you feel all excited again now :-)
    Speckled - how are you feeling, hope the bedrest isn't driving you too batty.
    2nd - goodluck for your scan next week, hope it all goes well!
    Afm - had 12 week scan today and it was lovely to see our baby again. The scan took an hour as the sonographer couldn't get a good view of the nuchal bit as baby decided to lie flat on his back with spine right against the bottom of my uterus. He also kept flipping and doing rolls so very cute but very uncooperative. It us measuring 12 weeks 1 day and I know I am 12 weeks exactly so that is good news. Won't know til mon what the risk of D/S is but we are going to tell everyone this weekend as we are sick of keeping it a secret
    :-)
    Hope you are all well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    speckled - Rest up honey. It sounds like your doc's have found this early, imagine if they hadn't. Good vibes for you. Stay put babies!

Maybebaby74 - for your 12 week scan. And now to be telling the world your terrific news is truly magical.

butterfli - Congratulations, a boy woot woot So glad everything came back clear, such a relief.

second baby not so easy - for your scan next Friday. I look forward to hearing about the great results!!!

looloo711 - I love the name Carter, I too thought of that name but my surname just didn't sound right with it. So glad to hear your 10 weeks scan was perfect.

AFM - Had the 19 week scan on Friday. Twin one was a little wriggler, it kept moving from its tummy to its back. Twin 2 co-operated perfectly. I just love seeing them on the 3D/4D scans, I wish I could get them done more often. The only bit of negative was that the placentas are sitting close to my cervix. Nothing to be concerned about now, the OBGYN said its completely normal this early on in the pregnancy and also with twins not allowing as much room as a single pregnancy, he just hopes as my uterus grows so too do the placentas. If not I just have a risk of bleeding so lots of bed rest for me if they find the placentas have not moved at my 28 week scan. We didn't find out the sexes of the babies even though it was very tempting!

Mwah

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello All!

Maybebaby- How are you sweets? How were your results? Hope everything is ok....

We have our NT scan on the 16th, will update a bit more then...

How is everyone doing though? Anything new to report

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

Looloo - 12 week scan went really well with risk of downs being 1 in 924 so we are pretty happy with that :-). It was funny though it took almost an hour to get the measurements for the
    Neuchal tube as bubba didn't want to cooperate, it was lying in the perfect position but flat against the bottom if my uterus so they had to be sure they were measuring the right line. I ended up having a second sonographer come in and finish the scan. I also had to go and empty my bladder half way through as it was too full and she said count to 15 and then stop. I tried stopping but was still going at 30 lol anyway they finally got what they needed after making me cough and roll from side to side. It was pretty funny as bubba just didn't want to move but I felt quite bruised the next day.
    I think I have just popped tonight - does it happen that quickly? I felt some stretching and them whammo big tummy :-). Also wondering
    If it hurts more to get your legs waxed when pregnant?
    Hope everyone is well and we have more postings soon.
    Looloo - exciting for scan on 16th

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow I just came across this thread!
    Super exciting all these success stories!
    We r due 10/10th
    Super excited!
    I will go back thru posts to get to know you ladies!
    Look forward to it!

Mwa!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Looloo - wow your really organised getting the names ready

Ladymoz - you wont end up needing bed rest, were not finding out the sex either (we didnt for ds1) but for twins I would be soooo tempted!!!

Tatijana -

Maybybaby - glad the nt went well, some days I feel bigger than others lol. I have heard that waxing hurts more but I dont know

AFM - will we had our 12 wk nt scan last friday took a bit to get due to baby laying back to us but it was soooo good to see him/her moving and kicking. Came back with a low risk thank goodness. Baby was already measuring 3 days ahead which is good and normal compared to DS1 was like that as well - as my dh is 6ft 4 and im only 5ft 2 Now that we are 13 wks and in 2nd trim I feel so much more relieved and will be here a bit more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    OCTOBER

Ladymoz - 26th (twins so date is now 5th)
    Catfroggy - 28th

NOVEMBER
    Loveabug - 18th
    wait4u - 19th
    sarahandchaz - 25th

DECEMBER

Butterflii - 7th
    Second baby not so easy - 19th

This took for ever to find was back on 22/4/11