ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Wait4u & Loveabug - My heart just breaks for you. You strength also amazes me, I wish you both the best luck in your future path

Sarah - How did you scan go today? great results I hope!

Ladymoz - Yay for your bump! How cool, I cant wait for mine. Enjoy lovely

Butterfli - Not long now till your 12 week scan, how exciting. Did your son enjoy his first birthday? btw our due date is the 27th of Dec, not sure how to add to roll call, thanks

AFM - had our 8 week scan today, and HB was 163 per min, was so awesome to hear. Bubs is measuring perfect and spot on, so has really eased my mine, as we were a bit nervous going in as had no symptoms whatsoever, which I guess is lucky in a way. Have another scan at 10 weeks with OB and again at 12 weeks, I hope it goes quick.

HI to everyone else

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    Just a quick update from me....NT scan went well bubs jumping around, HB 159 saw it drinking the amniotic fluid and then the fluid in it's stomach! Skin fold looks ok, still waiting for blood results to get downs probability.

Sarah x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to thank everyone for your kind and thoughtful words.

sarahandchaz - I'm so glad to hear your scan went well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Ladies,

It's been quiet in here.....

I saw my Obs for the first time on Friday, he seems nice, I have heard some people don't like his bedside manner, that doesn't really phase me as long as he can get this baby out of me safely! My NT scan results were good, trisomy 21 (downs) is 1:510, it's 1:475 for my age anyway, so a good result. It is 1:19000 odd for all the other bad ones.....so phew! Have been sharing our good news with lots of people! Saw bubs again in a grainy scan and with a Doppler....I think its better hearing the heartbeat than seeing a grainy picture!

Hope everyone is doing great,

Sarah x
    Last edited by sarahandchaz; 23-05-2011 at 22:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Butterfli - I had to wait a couple of days, its the blood test that takes the most time. I had my blood test the morning before my scan, on a monday and got the results on the Friday.......GOODLUCK

Thanks
    Reviews
    looloo711 - I'm glad to hear your 8 week scan went well. It is so amazing to hear the heart beat

Butterfli - Sorry to hear you ended up with gastro. I look forward to hearing about your 12 scan results from today. I hope you enjoy seeing your little bean wriggling around.

sarahandchaz - I'm glad you like your OBGYN, mine is lovely too. Great results from your NT scan, it’s such a relief isn’t it! Enjoy this time of telling all your family and friends your wonderful news.

AFM - I am feeling the babies kick me now which is sooooooooooooo wonderful. I think my husband must be sick of me saying "I just got a kick" The baby on my RHS yesterday felt like it was doing a little dance Everyone is saying that I am quite small for someone who is 18 weeks pregnant with twins but I am seeing it as a good thing, plenty of time for me to grow compared to if I was exploding already.

to everyone else

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mums to Be!

How is everyone going?

Ladymoz - how cool is the kicking feeling!? And to have 2 of the little angels at you. WOW!

Butterfli - have you gotten results yet? I hope your 12 week scan went perfectly and you have been busy sharing your news with everyone you come across!!

Sarah - have you also been telling everyone? I cant wait till we can share the news

HI to everyone else.

SOOO, random question, might get things moving along a bit. Who has names picked or shortlisted?? And who is going to find out about sex of baby?

AFM - have first OB appointment on Wed for 10 week scan. Then not long till we can Start Spreading the News!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi looloo711,
    Ohh I bet you are counting down the days until you can start spreading your wonderful news. It was such a nice feeling when we told family and friends, seeing all their reactions. So spesh! I can't wait to hear all about your next scan

Yes it is so amazing to feel the little ones kick, the baby on the right kicks more than the one on the left but it's placenta is in the way. My next big scan appointment is Thursday, we are still not sure what to do in regards to finding out the sex. Can anyone offer some advise to me please? To find out or not to find out???? If it was one baby I think I would keep it a surprise, but 2, I'm not so sure. I am so split on this. arggggggg We want to have the nursery themed in 'African' as I was born in S.A. We already have some stuffed African animals like giraffe's, monkey's etc... and we have seen some gorgeous animal African themed cot linen, curtains etc.... I am an impatient person so part of me would love to know. Also not knowing I will need to have 4 names ready instead of 2 and that's hard enough . I have one favorite girl names but boys I am finding hard. I like 'power names' too where the first initial of the first name is the same as the first initial as the surname ie (don't laugh, it's all this baby brain can think of at the moment, Kim Kardashian)

I hope all the pregnant ladies on our little thread are doing fabulously

Thanks
    Reviews
    well, my 19 week scan yesterday did not go well.

Bubs have developed perfectly, but my cervix was opening. Most are about 50mm long and mine was only 9mm. The top had opened but thankfully the bottom had not dilated, but the membranes were bulging down the cervix. I was admitted to the womens hospital, had a cervical suture put in, and am now stuck here on bed rest for at least 5 weeks, and then if I'm lucky I can finish my bed rest at home for the remainder of the pregnancy.

The bubs are very small, so they think the placentas aren't working well, and so my body was going to miscarry them. And they are now worried that I have a uterine infection, if I do I will go into premature labor as early as next week.

So it looks like I will be having them early, just fingers cross they come after 28 weeks.

On the up side I am now allowed toilet privileges and i can sit up while I eat!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, I haven't posted for a while but have 12 week scan this week so can't wait til we can tell everyone!
    Ladymoz - I would find out with two only because my friend ended up with twin boys but was convinced she was having one if each and didn't have an extra name picked out :-). We are only having one and are going to find out anyway so it is a personal decision I guess.
    Speckled - sorry to hear about you being on bedrest! I really hope those babies hang in there for quite a few weeks longer for you. Thinking of you and sending lots of hugs and good vibes :-)
    Names I have been thinking are Emily Rose for a girl and Ethan or Sebastian for a boy. DH likes Alexander for a boy which I quite like or Katrina for a girl which I don't really like at all. DH doesn't really like any if my names lol and I hate his so we will have some fun debates coming up.