Yep, TB i woul have kept going but Dh came & started talking to me so I was preoccupied.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 11 to 20 of 178
08-02-2011 20:46 #11
08-02-2011 20:53 #12
#1 and #3 are sooooo true!
16. Leave the discipline to the natural parent. Even if this means the child walks all over you (note- I completely ignore this rule)
The Following User Says Thank You to jimmysmummy For This Useful Post:
08-02-2011 20:58 #13
16. Remember to be empathetic to the bm when she breaks down & confesses to your husband/parnter that she still has unresolved feelings for him - you should be grateful to her for letting you have him.
17. Be on call 24/7 - do not, I repeat do not have a life of your own you may not be available for babysitting.
18. Forget about yourself, your own feelings & any issues you have - life is no longer about you it is about the children.
19. Remember that you cannot feel resentment about having to work & give up being a SAHM so that you can afford to pay child support - to complain about this only proves you do not love your step children.
20. Get excited when asked to attend events where you, your partner & the bm will all get to spend time together, after all getting to know each other is enjoyable & not awkward at all.
21. For every picture yuo have of your own child you MUST have an equal number of pictures of your stepchild, baby photos of your first born are not an exception.
Last edited by Ulysses; 08-02-2011 at 21:03.
08-02-2011 21:09 #14
22. Do not feel resentment if the opposite happens, where you cant work and have to be a SAHM that actually stays at home ALLLLLL the time when the stepkids are there
23. You must first check with the stepkids schedules before arranging anything for yourself.
24. Dont ever forget that your stepchilds half-siblings at BM's will always count for more and be more important then any half siblings at their dads, step-siblings are counted even lower.
24. Remember that your job is to support your husbands relationship with his kids from a previous relationship. This includes doing the cleaning, driving, school trips, doctors visits etc anything that makes his life easier so he has more time to focus on them. And no, the same doesnt go for your kids from a previous relationship.
Your last one was awesome! Had to cull photos because I didnt have enough of ss.
08-02-2011 21:17 #15
Omg wicket you are kidding!! (about her feelings for dh). Wow, that, wow, I would sooo freak out and smack her
08-02-2011 21:18 #16
I did get the picture comment in my home!!!
08-02-2011 21:55 #17
25. You or DH cannot go to the toilet in case ex calls otherwise it will get marked as a no call for the week in the "folder"
The Following User Says Thank You to macncheese For This Useful Post:
09-02-2011 08:14 #18
The Following User Says Thank You to Ulysses For This Useful Post:
09-02-2011 08:21 #19
09-02-2011 08:56 #20Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jun 2010
26. Continue to be nice to the ex even though she has treated you like a lower class citizen for years and refused to acknowledge you exist, Quote "I'm not discussing it with her here, we're the parents!"
My DH wanted to have a serious chat to his ex about her making things difficult and she turned around and told him she still loved him, I loved his response "what we had is way over, and this talk is not what this is about!" she had the hide to say this whilst I was standing 10mtrs away whilst occuping her children hahahaha!!!! Oh he made sure he told me when we were driving away because I'm not sure what I wld've said because I was fuming!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to poppyseed For This Useful Post:
By WorkingClassMum in forum Working Hubbers - EmployedReplies: 96Last Post: 19-01-2015, 12:17
By Mummy2R&K in forum Single ParentsReplies: 95Last Post: 05-11-2014, 14:10
By Izy in forum Step-parents / Blended familiesReplies: 33Last Post: 03-09-2012, 08:56
KindyROOKindyROO offers activities for babies & toddlers in a fun learning centre, focussing on developmental education. ...
LATESTWhat is a blessing way? How is it different to a baby shower?7 ways to break the ‘mumnotony’ at homeGuide to government family benefit payments
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
I am... #20General Chat
Help with baby names please!Choosing Baby Names
Would you breastfeed in public?General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
April/May TTC group chatConception & Fertility General Chat