+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 178
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Gillieston Heights
    Posts
    107
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked
    6
    Reviews
    0
    I just wanted to say a big happy happy overjoyed happy wicked stepmothers day for Sunday. I am so looking forward to my usual highly anticipated gift of sweet FA. Again happy happy oh who cares! Lol

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Renoirxx For This Useful Post:

    HowCrazyCool  (07-05-2011),RipperRita  (07-05-2011)

  3. #92
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    800
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked
    118
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Renoirxx View Post
    I just wanted to say a big happy happy overjoyed happy wicked stepmothers day for Sunday. I am so looking forward to my usual highly anticipated gift of sweet FA. Again happy happy oh who cares! Lol
    Haha love it! So bloody true.

  4. #93
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Gillieston Heights
    Posts
    107
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked
    6
    Reviews
    0
    I must not become irritated on Tuesday when the skids don't get here till Saturday. Oh it's going to be a fun fun fun weekend I can feel it coming in my bones. :-(

  5. #94
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    988
    Thanks
    227
    Thanked
    504
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Renoirxx View Post
    I must not become irritated on Tuesday when the skids don't get here till Saturday. Oh it's going to be a fun fun fun weekend I can feel it coming in my bones. :-(
    Yep, can relate to this one. On the weekends the step kids are with us, I'm always worked up and dreading it by Wednesday. Just know that it's going to be loads of extra work for me, with no thanks from either them or their dad. The weekend before last, our 4 year old daughter was taken to hospital on the Friday morning by ambulance. She spent all weekend in there and in between being with her, I was at home looking after our 8 month old AND hosting a sleep over for 9 girls for step daughter's 17th birthday. When I suggested to my husband that maybe we could postpone it until the following fortnight when daughter would be out of hospital, I was told ,"no" because it wouldn't be fair to 17 year old. Absolutely no thought about how tired I was from worry and running back and forth to RCH. Must remember that his daughters ALWAYS come before my welfare. Grrr!!!

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to siansmum For This Useful Post:

    Koop09  (30-07-2012)

  7. #95
    Ulysses's Avatar
    Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,501
    Thanks
    1,455
    Thanked
    609
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by siansmum View Post
    Yep, can relate to this one. On the weekends the step kids are with us, I'm always worked up and dreading it by Wednesday. Just know that it's going to be loads of extra work for me, with no thanks from either them or their dad. The weekend before last, our 4 year old daughter was taken to hospital on the Friday morning by ambulance. She spent all weekend in there and in between being with her, I was at home looking after our 8 month old AND hosting a sleep over for 9 girls for step daughter's 17th birthday. When I suggested to my husband that maybe we could postpone it until the following fortnight when daughter would be out of hospital, I was told ,"no" because it wouldn't be fair to 17 year old. Absolutely no thought about how tired I was from worry and running back and forth to RCH. Must remember that his daughters ALWAYS come before my welfare. Grrr!!!
    that is just unfair - i mean a child being in the hospital is the paramount concern. I had a similar issue when my ten week old baby had just gotten out of hospital after suffering from RSV& my husband secretly went to see my stepdaughter because it was fathers day even though she had whooping cough? SO he put our daughter at risk becuase he didnt want her to feel bad - that was the final straw for me & now i put my foot down. Astep family is like any other family, if a child is in hospital then the other kids need to rally round, support mum & dad & out of respect for their ill sibling at least wait until they are out of hospital until they have a party. I know how you must of felt - its hard feeling like you are playing second fiddle but when you also have kids its your childs right to feel an equal member of the family - sometimes it seems step kids get considered much more to compensate for the fact they dont live with their dads etc. I hope things even out a little in your family - they have done in mine & sometimes it takes events to make a change.

  8. #96
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    452
    Thanks
    74
    Thanked
    50
    Reviews
    1
    24. Dont ever forget that your stepchilds half-siblings at BM's will always count for more and be more important then any half siblings at their dads, step-siblings are counted even lower.

    LOVE THIS ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  9. #97
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    452
    Thanks
    74
    Thanked
    50
    Reviews
    1
    The part I hate the most is that I have been in my SD's life for 7 years and the BM partners always have more say than I ever have. And some of them havent been in her life for long. Also not being told of school stuff and just stuff like that. Hubby and I have to nag to get copies of school reports since we are now in aussie and they are in nz

  10. #98
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    southern adelaide
    Posts
    2,370
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked
    415
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks for the laugh

    Rule no ## never never encourage bd to fight for his child, your motives can't possibly be for the best interest of the child there must be something in it for you if you care so much if you care at all you are clearly just pretending and shouldn't bother as everyone can see right through you!

  11. #99
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    452
    Thanks
    74
    Thanked
    50
    Reviews
    1
    Rule # ?? dont ever tell step child you wish they lived with you and dad and their sister as all hell will break loose and all you are doing is hurting the child and being selfish. Now said child is torn between both houses. Because birth mother automatically deserves child and father should never be allowed child

  12. #100
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    452
    Thanks
    74
    Thanked
    50
    Reviews
    1
    Also birth mothers extended family will always be way more important than birth father and step mother and sister.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Rules for Working Mums
    By WorkingClassMum in forum Working Hubbers - Employed
    Replies: 96
    Last Post: 19-01-2015, 13:17
  2. The Rules for Single Mums
    By Mummy2R&K in forum Single Parents
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 05-11-2014, 15:10
  3. Step mums need your reassurance
    By Izy in forum Step-parents / Blended families
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 03-09-2012, 09:56

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
House Call DoctorHouse Call Doctor can provide an urgent after-hours visit to you and your family, when urgent medical situations arise ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
IVF babies due March/April/May 2017#2pregnancy and babies through IVF
April/May TTC group chatConception & Fertility General Chat
IVF/FET April & May chatConception & Fertility General Chat
CD8, Who's also at the start of their cycle and TTC?Conception & Fertility General Chat
Considering a terminationShould we have another baby?
Things your pets have eaten and shouldn't haveGeneral Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
REVIEWS
"Pigeon teats rule!"
by Alex
Pigeon PP Wide Neck reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›