As it says, what are the rules for step-mums? I am sure we can think of plenty. I will start....
1. Dont even think about mentioning that you may not love your stepkids.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 178
08-02-2011 17:51 #1
Rules for Step-mums
08-02-2011 18:28 #2
2. Finally admit that your stepchild sleeps on the floor in a room under the stairs. That is when he/she finished his/her jobs like massaging the sm, giving her a pedicure and sorted the peas she threw on the floor...
08-02-2011 18:34 #3Bun in Oven - Check!
- Join Date
- May 2010
3. Don't ever complain about how hard it is because you knew he had kids when you met him
4. Don't even think about asking the children to keep their room clean, make their beds or dress themselves, their life is hard enough
08-02-2011 18:53 #4
oh so true
6. If the stepchild calls you a stupid c*** then only cause his/her life is so damaged by being a child of separated parents... It is even easier when one of the parents die!
08-02-2011 19:39 #5
7 ) Care, care, care, don't care, stop caring, you have no right to care, care, why don't you care? what is wrong with you?
08-02-2011 19:47 #6
Of course you can walk around in your undies/bra/nude or breastfeed/check cracked nipples/talk about your constipation. It's YOU that has got the hang ups, they are part of the family!
Don't ever ever admit that you love your biological children more, you must have deep seated issues if you can't accept a child as your own every second weekend.
The Following User Says Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:
08-02-2011 19:54 #7
08-02-2011 20:01 #8
Oh also, please don't forget to spoil them rotten to compensate the pain. It is their nature given right to have twice the presents, holidays etc.
Schedule according to bm. She deserves her time off anytime on short notice, you don't.
08-02-2011 20:02 #9
11. Make sure you don't do anything with your own kids that you haven't done with the step kids otherwise you will be favoring your own children.
12. Don't forget to treat the step kids as your own but remember you are not the real parent so don't think you have any parental rights.
13. Step parents should never complain about the step child, this only allowed to be done by the birth parents as they have the right to be annoyed by their child but a step parent does not.
14. Forget every natural instinct to want to enjoy things for the first time with your husband as he will have already done everything before he met you. Oh, you should also be happy about this because you get to enjoy time with his child as compensation.
15. Learn to enjoy dealing with his ex wife, this is a character building experience & you should appreciate the personal growth this has a brought into your life.
Last edited by Ulysses; 08-02-2011 at 20:09.
08-02-2011 20:28 #10
wicket... you are on fire!!!
By WorkingClassMum in forum Working Hubbers - EmployedReplies: 96Last Post: 19-01-2015, 12:17
By Mummy2R&K in forum Single ParentsReplies: 95Last Post: 05-11-2014, 14:10
By Izy in forum Step-parents / Blended familiesReplies: 33Last Post: 03-09-2012, 08:56
Baby SensoryBaby Sensory is the only baby programme that offers a complete approach to learning & development. Our classes offer ...
LATESTToilet training: when is the best time to start?Why it is OK for your child to be differentWhat is a blessing way? How is it different to a baby shower?
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Career change - good idea?Working Hubbers - Employed
Neighbours 30 years - 2015Movies / Music / Books / TV Chat
The Word Association Game #24Games & fun stuff
April/May TTC group chatConception & Fertility General Chat
Egg Donation in South Africa #14Egg Donation
Dr Antony Lighten - Appreciation threadpregnancy and babies through IVF
Same Sex Parents TTC #5Same Sex Parents