+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default I tested positive for high natural killer cells

Hi Ladies,

At my FS appointment today my BT results for high natural killers cells came back positive at 21.7 so I'll be going on the treatment protocol.

I also had the uterine biopsy which didn't hurt that much but afterwards felt some cramping and slighly light headed. My FS (Gavin Sacks) said that this procedure improves your chances of implantation so even though I knew I already had tested positive for it, it opted to do it!!

I know a few of you have also tested positive for this. Could I ask if any of you that have been on the treatment of Prednisolone & Clexane have had success straight away with IVF or a FET?

I'll be doing my next FET in a few weeks. Hopefully this will help me achieve the result of a BFP!!!

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Excuse my ignorance but can I ask what natural killer cells are?
    Hope all goes well for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Helen

I have also tested positive for a high level of natural killer cells and will be having an intralipid infusion on about day 6 of my cycle and then apparently another one after a BFP (if I get one). I am also on clexane this cycle but my FS indicated that this is for Factor V Leiden Mutation not the NKC. I am also on prednisolone but that it part of the normal colorado protocol along with antibiotics, baby aspirin and pessaries. I haven't had success yet with this but I am hoping to do so this time.

Oopsiedaisy - Natural Killer Cells are cells that can cause miscarrage as they see the embryo as not a normal cell. The intralipid infusion I am having is what they use in transplants to prevent rejection apparently.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i asked fs about natural killer cells and he said we could test for them or we could just treat you like you have them as if the test comes back positive the treatment will be the same.

my one and only fet cycle we tried just prednisilone and i got a chemical pregnancy.
    next cycle was our 4th stim cycle and i asked to go onto clexane aswell as prednisilone and we got our now 15mth old son.

best wishes xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a biopsy back in March last year for NK Cells and came back positive for high levels. My 8th transfer was the first transfer I had with treatment. I was on prednisone from CD1 and had my transfer resulting in BFN. Transfer #9 I was still on the prednisone I never stopped and also started taking Cartia (low dose aspirin) from CD1 and am due to give birth next week!

oopsiedaisy I describe natural killer cells like having a nuclear uterus. It is like the immune system in your uterus is on absolute overdrive so embryos get killed off and the ones that attach miscarry early on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    my fs did the same as Heathm's...decided we could treat as if i did have them as i had an exisitng auto immune issue that is sometimes linked to nk cells.

Anyway...after 3 failed iui and 2 failed ivf....my first cycle with heparin (similar to clexane) and prednisilone (25 mg twice a day)....has given us our wonderful lil girl!

My whole cycle was different...i had no frosty bubs from my first 2 cycles...i now have 9!

Anyway, best of luck, i really hopes it works for you as well as it did for me

I started my prednisalone the same day i started stims...and i came off it at 16 weeks.

The side effects are harsh! mood swings, angry, weight gain...but so worth while in the long run!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by smileygirl View Post
    my fs did the same as Heathm's...decided we could treat as if i did have them as i had an exisitng auto immune issue that is sometimes linked to nk cells.

Anyway...after 3 failed iui and 2 failed ivf....my first cycle with heparin (similar to clexane) and prednisilone (25 mg twice a day)....has given us our wonderful lil girl!

My whole cycle was different...i had no frosty bubs from my first 2 cycles...i now have 9!

Anyway, best of luck, i really hopes it works for you as well as it did for me

I started my prednisalone the same day i started stims...and i came off it at 16 weeks.

The side effects are harsh! mood swings, angry, weight gain...but so worth while in the long run!

Weight gain was the obvious one for me, the rest of them came with IVF drugs lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by otgirl View Post
    Hi Helen

I have also tested positive for a high level of natural killer cells and will be having an intralipid infusion on about day 6 of my cycle and then apparently another one after a BFP (if I get one). I am also on clexane this cycle but my FS indicated that this is for Factor V Leiden Mutation not the NKC. I am also on prednisolone but that it part of the normal colorado protocol along with antibiotics, baby aspirin and pessaries. I haven't had success yet with this but I am hoping to do so this time.

Oopsiedaisy - Natural Killer Cells are cells that can cause miscarrage as they see the embryo as not a normal cell. The intralipid infusion I am having is what they use in transplants to prevent rejection apparently.
    Oh right never have I heard of that? So does this mean every one who has miscarried has these cells?

Thanks
    Reviews
    How do they test for NK cells? Is it a BT or more than that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Livvy mine was diagnosed by a biopsy at a certain day in my cycle, more accurate that way I believe.