ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
    b4us is offline aspiring to be better then yesterday
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default ttc and using opk ??best time to test

hi ladys
    after ready all your stories i was excited to realise we are all in the same boat hubby and i have just started ttc and iam concerned cause 5 yrs ago i had a eptopic and last yr i fell preg big surprise because i hadnt been with the guy for long so i ended the preg and have been with my new partner for a yr and iam very worried that may have been my last chance my periods are regular and i have started using opk i must amitt its nice to use a test finally has 2 lines come up so atm iam ovulating and my period started on 21 jan so all calulation are correct but last month i got myself all worked up doin preg test and getting which made it worse for myself cause it delayed my period for 4 days ..the big question is when is the best time to test ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I have been told to not use FMU

And to test between 2 and 10pm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i was always told to start urine first then collect at midstream with the first urine of the day is this correct ??

Claire89x is offline Mommy to 2 little butterfly's in heaven <3 x
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey huni x
    did you know that 2 lines on the opk dosnt mean your ovulating, the test line must be the same colour or darker than the control line to be determind a positive.
    if you have a average 28 day cycle youl ovulate around day 14 so id start testing from day 10.
    i have 34 day cycle so i start testing from day 15. but for the first month id reccomend testing from just after your period each day until the positive so you can be sure when you ovulate.

The lh surge dosnt usually show in the morning so to test around 2pm, same time every day. many women start testing twice a day (12pm + 8pm) around their ovulation date to be sure to catch the surge as alot women have missed the surge by only testing once a day x

good luck hun <3

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey darl
    i tested at 3pm tuesday and the test line was darker then the control line and the test said there was no need to keep testing if this shows up it means iam ovulating in the next 24-36 hrs should i keep testing ??
    also since we started ttc ive been getting cramps not painful more like mild period pain on and off and it seems to be around my ovulation time its not somethink that ive experienced before do you guys get that or understand it ?
    Last edited by b4us; 03-02-2011 at 23:24.