ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I remember with my first DD i had the short test one and thought it tasted okay - the last few mouthful were hard as it got a bit much at the end but still reasonably pleasant. I failed that test and the drink i had for the long test was awful. I really struggled to even drink it and felt like being sick once i had. It was so so syrupy and sickly sweet.
    With DD2 the drink was gross again but i was a bit prepared for it so was a bit easier to get down.
    I don't really drink much soft drink/cordial so maybe that's why it was so horrible for me.

If i ever have another baby i might refuse the drink.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just a thought... With those ladies who felt sick after drinking it, did you have any water while you were waiting? I remember feeling awfully sugar-logged and dehydrated, but a nice big drink sorted that out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I didn't have any water but I was told I wasn't allowed any whilst having the test. Also I didn't end up with gd.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by narribri View Post
    Just a thought... With those ladies who felt sick after drinking it, did you have any water while you were waiting? I remember feeling awfully sugar-logged and dehydrated, but a nice big drink sorted that out.
    I did and it helped a bit but didn't take away the sick feeling. I can't remember if i had to wait until after the blood test to drink water or if i was allowed it earlier - i vaguely remember a nurse telling to drink some water as it help with the dizzy feeling.
    Last edited by MothersMilk; 02-02-2011 at 10:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i had the green one and had to do the fasting from midnight the night before, i made a sandwhich at home and ate it as soon as i was allowed. I think it tasted like lime soft drink/cordial and i liked it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the clear one. The one hour test wasn't so bad just like flat lemonade but when u did the three hour test I thought I was going to die. It was so thick and syrupy and sweet and I almost threw up. the only reason I kept it down was knowledge that if I spewed I had to drink it again. Then I sat around for three hours feeling so sick and dizzy and then I passed out. Yuck.
    I will refuse in my next pregnancy. I didn't have GD and I didn't even fail the first test they just made me do the long one because of family history of type two diabetes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yeah i liked it each time i had the gd test, twice with ds pregnancy then once after the pregnancy to see i hadnt maintained my gd.
    i do like sweet, sugary things though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Clear one tasted fine for me... The only thing i hated was i felt so tired for the next few hours