+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Dr Stephen Lyons or Dr Sophie Lynch @ NSPH

Hello ladies, I am looking for an Ob and have narrowed my options down to Dr Lyons and Dr Lynch, which are both available, although Dr Lyons is going on leave the day after my due date. Their out-of-pocket fees are pretty much the same, and they are both working at North Shore Private Hospital. Does anyone have any experience with these obs, or know anyone who has? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

On a side-note, is it wrong to book in for both, and then make the final decision after the initial consult? & cancel one after I see how I feel about them?

Thanks so much for any feedback!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, hope all is going very well. Who did you end up going with in the end? I am looking into NSPH and trying to get some recommendations for obstetricians.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi clouds, I went with dr Sophie lynch but changed to a different ob after my 2nd appointment with her. I don't want to go into it in detail, but the short story is, we just didn't click with her (my dh felt the same way).

I started seeing dr Steven tan at the mater clinic (he will deliver bub at nsph though) from week 16 and he is brilliant. Such a funny and charismatic doctor and always makes me feel great about the pregnancy.

I'm 36+3 weeks now, seeing him on a weekly basis now and he is also very supportive of natural birth (he actually is the reason I decided not to go straight for the epidural, and he even encouraged me to write a birth plan which I wasnt originally going to do).

Same cost as dr lynch, but he does a scan at every app which dr lynch doesn't. And he offers a lot of info without us having to ask specific Qs. Highly recommend. I'll def be using him again for next bub if I go private.

Good luck & congrats!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Witherwings, All the best for for the next few weeks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by witherwings View Post
    Hi clouds, I went with dr Sophie lynch but changed to a different ob after my 2nd appointment with her. I don't want to go into it in detail, but the short story is, we just didn't click with her (my dh felt the same way).

I started seeing dr Steven tan at the mater clinic (he will deliver bub at nsph though) from week 16 and he is brilliant. Such a funny and charismatic doctor and always makes me feel great about the pregnancy.

I'm 36+3 weeks now, seeing him on a weekly basis now and he is also very supportive of natural birth (he actually is the reason I decided not to go straight for the epidural, and he even encouraged me to write a birth plan which I wasnt originally going to do).

Same cost as dr lynch, but he does a scan at every app which dr lynch doesn't. And he offers a lot of info without us having to ask specific Qs. Highly recommend. I'll def be using him again for next bub if I go private.

Good luck & congrats!
    Hi witherwings,
    My GP referred me to Dr Lynch and I'm planning to change as well. How much did you pay for the regular check up appointments? Is it the same as the initial consultation?
    Thanks