+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 3 door car and a baby

Is it possible? I honestly don't think we'll be able to sort the car situation out before the baby is born but hope to have a bigger car before the end of the year. So I would love to hear any experiences about getting bub in and out of a carseat etc. Thanks

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Turn-a-Tot car seat might be worth looking at?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

insideaway  (30-01-2011)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had a 3 door Barina that I loved & was determined to keep it. It lasted only a week after I got out of hospital so til bub was about 2 weeks old.

I used to have to get in the back seat myself to get him strapped in. So the climbing in and out drove me nuts, particularly because I had stitches so I was really uncomfortable for the first 6 weeks.

It's easy enough to get a compact car seat but much harder to find a pram that will fit in a small car's boot. I did eventually find one but it took up the entire boot. There was no room for shopping at all. So the shopping had to go in with us & that of course is a safety hazard. We only had the one car seat & switching it between too cars would have been way too difficult so it was quite problematic.

I ended up with a Commodore which has served me well. Loads of room for pram, shopping and even a suitcase when you want to go away (single mum now so only ended up with the one car).

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Amara For This Useful Post:

insideaway  (30-01-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a ford festiva. At first it was a pain in the butt! I bought a compact one and soon discovered it was really easy to lean over the boot and but bubs in- and if you can't do that then hopping in and grabbing them out is fairly easy too.
    The carseat has just been put into the forward facing possy and I love it! It's positioned just on my passenger seat side so I just flick my seat forward and pop her in.
    A pp was right about being weary of pram's though. If your seats fold down though you should be fine.
    I love my little car! Goodluck with yours!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to The C Team For This Useful Post:

insideaway  (30-01-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Like a PP I had until recently a 3 door Ford Festiva and our solution worked beautifully - we took the rear shelf off and put DD in through the boot! DP and I are both tall and it was a logistic nightmare trying to juggle a baby past the passenger seat. We only ever had her rear facing though, so not sure what it would be like for an older forward facing bubba. Got a few strange looks from people in carparks at times, but for us it just felt much safer and easier than squeezing through the front.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to AmberMama For This Useful Post:

insideaway  (30-01-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a lancer coupe. Was a bit tricky at times. Had to fully sit in the back seat next to DS to get him out but hes now 14 months and climbs into his seat himself. The lancer also has a HUGE boot! I can fit more in its boot then I could into family XR6! So I have a fairly bulky pram

12. The Following User Says Thank You to HELPihavea2yrold! For This Useful Post:

insideaway  (30-01-2011)