+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What's your weekly budget?

I had a little look around and couldn't see any similar, earlier threads.. although I'm at work and back and forth from the computer! So I may be having a "man" look

So if there is could someone point me in the right direction? Thanks

Anyway, just want to put it out there... what's your weekly budget? Including mortgage repayments/rent, bills, food, fuel, luxuries, etc?

Ours averages out to just over $1700 a week. To me that is quite high... we never used to live like that.. but over the years we have committed to more things, bought a new car... etc. Plus I include putting money into a trust fund each week for my boys and putting money into savings for our wedding and honeymoon. So that bumps it up afew hundred a week.

I want to know whether my budget is classed as over-spending, budgetting well or the "norm" (if there is one!?)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    all our pay is gobbled by bills, food etc so that would be about 800 dollars including mortgage. i get paid monthly as well so add about 50 to that which is put away for big bills (rates, electricity)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    ive dropped mine in half lol being on the single parent pension i now use 450 a week. i used to go through 1000 and that was on my own.

I still have non essentials that i could cut.. lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not compared to Lady Gagga lol bit of usless info dh sprouted yesterday that her expenses total 1mil a mth.
    With the cost of mortagages and the amount of 60k cars on the rd , not to mention the huge rise in the cost of utilities I think $1700 is average for a couple with good income.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    i only get just over $800 atm for the fortnight so its all gone once i pay rent, electricity, phone credit, internet credit, daycare and food. this fortnight though, only able to pay daycare bill and food. just about out of internet credit for a fortnight, no more phone credit either. i had to buy new clothing and pay extra in daycare fees so i could get my son out of his old centre and put him into a new one.

if i coudl have $600 per week, we would live quite comfortably without having to worry abotu did i spend too much on food shopping etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    that seems like a lot to me, I doubt we'd even get that much in income with 2 of us working full time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    About $800 a week that includes everything (mortgage, food, petrol, private schooling for 4 kids, electricity, phone, Internet, insurances, clothes, car payment etc)
    We are a family of 7.
    Last edited by LoveLivesHere; 17-01-2011 at 17:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys... so I guess there is no "norm" really! It all depends on how much you commit yourself to!

We were just having a discussion about saving money the other night and the wedding etc... and DF mentioned that I should cut down on spending... I had a look at our budget, and there's not much I can cut down on! We really came down on saving power over the last quarter and our bill showed for it, it was only $400.... a hell of alot compared to out first ever power bill that was $180... but pretty good compared to our last few that averaged over $600-$700! (we also changed suppliers)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by loving5 View Post
    About $800 a week that includes everything (mortage, food, petrol, private schooling for 4 kids, electcity, phone, internet, insurances, clothes, car payment etc)
    We are a family of 7.

Wow that's amazing! I need to take a leaf out of your book!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Including everything it is about $900.. Our mortgage it over half that amount though. The rest is just groceries/fuel/bills