+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Anybody been told by their partner that they want them to lose weight?

How did you take it?

What did you do?

What is your relationship like now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes, but in a kind, loving way! HAAA- when I asked my DH if my butt looked big in a piece of clothing he responded, welll hun, it is big, so hard question to answer!

I could have killed him at the time, but after thinking about he was right, so we both are on a healthy eating plan now.... as his man boobs are growing nicely!

We have been together 12 years, and believe honesty is the key- I may not like to hear it, but it's the truth!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not exactly but we went shopping yesterday for my hospital pjs and I was getting pee'd off as I couldn't find my size... 12 though I'm a 10 when not pregnant and he grabbed a few pairs of pjs that he thought were nice for me in a size 16-18... I wanted to crack him in the nose lol might not seem like a big deal but I've put on about 20 kgs so far in this pregnancy and I'm feeling big, hot and unattractive, plus I'm sure my hormones aren't doing us any favors

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    No, not really. DP has said once or twice 'gee we need to lose weight' and my response was 'I don't weight a kilo more or less than when you met me'

I won't tell my DP he needs to lose weight, but he does and he knows and so I'm trying to be supportive of his health and trying to provide him healthier food or encouraging family walks.

It's hard though, it's somewhat frustrating to see him gaining weight, see him doing things to gain weight, hear him upset that he's gaining weight and having him reject healthy food or take a nap instead of joining Jasper and I at the park.

If my DP did tell me outright to lose weight though I'd have told him to get bent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, I've told my partner, I told him to have a look at himself again and try to get motivated to make a change as not only has he gained weight and really fast lately and hates it but it can't be doing his health any good!

Things are no different between us except I shop differently and avoid eatting out/take away as he is not motivated to eat any better so it falls on me ATM.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep. It didn't go down well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It wouldn't be worth his life lol .. Not that I need to loose weight.
    I do hope he would mention it if I was unnoticeably putting on weight ..
    But I'm very aware of my weight ad eating etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My ex told me to lose weight. I was receiving treatment for Anorexia when we started dating...about 18 months later (after treatment, physically recovered & living together), he was drunk and in a mood.

He told me "you've really let yourself go" in his usual pathetic, whiny, tone (I was maybe 3kg MAX overweight). I reminded him that his advice really was baseless since he was considered to be (and LOOKED) morbidly obese I also told him as well as diet and exercise, he needed some sensitivity lessons in talking to women about such personal issues. I also hinted towards the exercise bike in the corner of the room and smirked. I dumped his stupid *ss not long after.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    i wish DP were actually more aware sometimes, i've recently lost (well, over a few years) about 20kg and he was adamant that i look no different until we were watching an old video of me and he went 'ohhhh you *were* a bit bigger then'

I've been trying to tell him lately that he needs to get fit (not lose weight, he's super skinny as it is!) because he's heading for all sorts of health problems, he sort of goes 'yeah i know' then does nothing. i don't want to push him, but it drives me nuts when he whinges about it then does nothing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was told by my Dh that I was too fat for s*e*x. I was about a size 14/16 at the time.

How did you take it? Crap and I never let him forget it. I all so lost all my self esteem, have never got any of it back.

What did you do? Not much. I did lose some weight ( I was all ready trying to lose some when he said it). Not give him any.

What is your relationship like now? Crap I have and never will forgive him for it. I now have no self esteem because of him. He p1ss me of so much more since he said it. I'm a very jealous person now, never use to be like that, that really does not help our relationship.

I all ways tell him to go and fine some one who is a size 8, because I could never be what he wants me to be. I all so say to him that I don't see the point in losing weight because I could never be the size 8, he wants me to be. So why waste my time trying, when I could never get down to the only size he would be happy with. He would never be happy with any size but a size 8 or below.