ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bed wetting alarm mat

HI girls,

I have just hired a bed wetting alarm for my eldest son. He turns 7 in April and has never been dry overnight. We are hoping this will help so we don't have to go down the road of medication.

Has anyone got any advise or tips???

Will keep you posted to how we go. Zoe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    folow the directions that the doctor gave you...ie let him have to do some of the work with some help from you.dont do it all for you.it does work but you may have to hire it a second time (not always).be consistent for going to bed on time.be patient and praise him when he gets it right

Thanks
    Reviews
    Arrr its going to be a long night. The mat has alarmed a few times from jay sweating and he hasnt woken up once. Ive put another light sheet over the mat so hopefully it wont go off unless he wets on it.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i used one of these for my ds when he was nearly 6.i just followed the directions given and he was completely dry in 4 weeks.worked like a charm...

Thanks
    Reviews
    phew night one down....
    I woke up at 12.30am so woke Jay up and he went to the toilet. His alarm went off at 2.30am and he was up and out of his bed before I got there - so he heard it yay. We got him changed, new sheets ect. and back into bed. He come into me about 4.30am saying "mum I didn't set if off but I just did a wee in the toilet" - yay not sure if he realised he was full or just woke up (he is a very early riser) but I'm proud that he's got the connection between weeing in the bed and the alarm and that he doesn't want to set the alarm off.

Will let you know how night #2 goes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just curious, how is your DS going with the bed wetting alarm?
    I may need to go down this path with my 4.5yr old. She is still in nappies at night as she wets without waking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a six year old DD who is not yet dry at night.

What medication are you referring to? What other course of action (aside from the alarmed mat) do doctors recommend??

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI girls,

We've had a few rough nights and J hates going to bed now.
    I've been waking him up during the night to go to the toilet, sometimes he goes other times he doesn't and he's been setting off the alarm 2 or 3 times each night.
    He hates it and has begged me not to put it on every night.
    Last night he was so cheeky. He put a pull up on - I only realised when I woke him up to go to the toilet - it was a fight to get it off him, and when he wet the bed a few hours later he was so cranky I made him take it off.

My doctor wants us to keep with the wetting alarm for 1month. After this she said we'd start talking about medication - I can't remember what she said it was, but I'm not keen on going down this road, so will stick with the wetting alarm for longer if needed.

I think its just he sleeps too deep. Sometimes when he sets off the alarm, I get up and go in, and he's still fast asleep. Very few times has he woken up until Im in there saying come on J get up buddy.

Anyway, I'm rambling now, I'll update again in a few days xo