+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Cycle After Miscarriage - Ovulation At Same Time or Not?

Hi Ladies,

I had a very early miscarriage earlier in the week (about 5 weeks) and am wondering if this month's cycle will be as normal or if things will be thrown out a little bit by this?

Doc said there was no reason why hubby and I couldn't try again immediately which we are both very keen to do. He did mention things could be thrown out slightly but didn't look too sure of himself, I guess this varies from person to person.

Just wondered if anyone has any experience or knowledge of this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    First of all, sorry to hear about your m/c (((HUGS)))

As you said, its different for everyone, some go straight back into their normal mthly routein, others may take a mth or two,

I've had 2 early miscarrages, first one at 9wks, I ended up having a d&c as bubs wouldn't pass, my mthly cycle went back to normal after that, and I was preg again 3mths later with DS2, my other early m/c was at 5wks, I must have gone back to my usual cycle, as I was pregnant again that mth with DS3,

It may go the same with you, i've heard that your more fertile in the couple of mths after a m/c, so who knows, I hope you fall preg again soon, good luck

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Shakeyshake For This Useful Post:

Elonii  (08-01-2011),nazza7  (18-01-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for that Kiwiana, very useful to know - hopefully my cycle will return to normal this month. Now I know what it felt like to be expecting I just want to get back to that lovely place again!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry to hear about your MC.

I had a MC on the 14th of Nov 2010 at 5.3 weeks. We tried again straight away and I got a pos preg test on the 24th of Dec 2010. I never got my period in between so my cycle was in limbo for about 2 weeks after my MC.

Note that trying straight away is a little stressful as you never know when your dates! I only know my rough dates because I had a negative preg test on the 20th of Dec and my positive preg test on the 24th was very faint so I knew I was testing a 5-3 days before my rough period would have come had we not tried straight away.

That was a mouthful! I hope it made sense!

Edited to Add: I also knew that I ovulated around the 15th of Dec due to cramps and the general feeling that something was happening in there. Maybe do Ovulation tests as well this cycle so you can feel like you are some control. I felt so helpless in the 2 weeks leading up to my
    Last edited by Onion; 08-01-2011 at 12:21.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Onion For This Useful Post:

Elonii  (08-01-2011),nazza7  (18-01-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Onion! That made a whole heap of sense, thanks for all the information about your own situation - it is very much appreciated and helps me move forward this month.

I knew I was ovulating last month so hopefully it'll be the same this month. Might buy some internet cheapie ovulation tests so I can reassure myself. I might also wait say a week longer to test than I usually would if AF doesn't turn up as scheduled. Don't want to get my hopes up too much and then have them dashed thanks to an erratic cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for your loss

I had a miscarriage September '09, bled for 5 weeks but the very next cycle went straight back to normal. I was charting my BBT so I knew I had ovulated. That very next cycle we got our sticky BFP. Best of luck to you!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to albear For This Useful Post:

Elonii  (08-01-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooo sorry about your miscarriage. They are heartbreaking. I miscarried in March (08) and needed a d&c two weeks later. I didn't get my first period after that until May. I had no luck with June's pregnancy test but was preg by July. I quickly forgot how painful it was to wait. I wish you all the best with getting back on track and having a baby.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to onedayatatime For This Useful Post:

Elonii  (09-01-2011)