+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MamaKoala is offline Happy Mummy of 2 Big Boys and a Baby Girl
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Is it possible to get guard rails for your bed and put him down there? I gave up on our cot. It just didn't work. I found that feeding her in bed would keep her there. Then I could sneak off after she stopped feeding and rolled over. She usually bangs her leg on the bed while going to sleep so once that stopped for a few minutes I was free to leave.
    If you want to continue with the cot first, try waiting 15-20 minutes after a feed before putting him down. That way he's been through one sleep cycle and is probably in deep sleep. Try putting your shirt or something that smells like you in the cot with him.
    That's about all I can think of right now. If I think of anything else i'll let you know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanx guys I stopped wrapping a month or so a go which has helped but now where back to getting up. But Im going to try and get him asleep In my bed sounds like a plan. Last night he was crawling round his cot and his legs got trapped poof love not cool at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS started to get his arms and legs stuck through the bars of his cot. I got an "airwrap" bumper and that stopped that bit. It will also help keep dummies, blankies and toys from falling out. DS doesn't do dummies though.

DS was great at selfsettling for a while, but than suddenly he decided he wanted to be boobed to sleep again
    Now at 12 months I have stopped doing that. I should've stopped earlier, but alas. Its happened and I cant go back in time to change it.

At the moment I give him the breast (or bottle if you ff) and then read a book. He knows that is the cue for bedtime.
    After I read a book, I turn of the lights and I put some quiet lullaby music on (I downloaded a fisher price CD called "Baby Mobile Dream Music"), while he lays on my lap (his back on my belly) and I gently pat his tummy. That's when he gets sleepy and I put him in his cot.

He has the bad habit of wanting to kick as soon as he lays down, which wakes him right up again. Thus I hold his legs tight so that he cant kick them. I then shsssssh and rub/pat his tummy until he falls asleep.

As I said before, he doesn't take a dummy, but he does like to have my t-shirt and suck on that when falling asleep.

I think a routine and perhaps some quiet music and gentle patting of tummy/bum, might be the key....

Goodluck from one single mummy to another

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanx mischief I might have to get an air wrap thinger cus I'm scared hel break his legs or something. Yeah that's what he does he opens his eyes and starts kicking super frustrating. Il look into setting up an iPod with nice music and patting his tummy I hope it works lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell87 View Post
    Thanx mischief I might have to get an air wrap thinger cus I'm scared hel break his legs or something. Yeah that's what he does he opens his eyes and starts kicking super frustrating. Il look into setting up an iPod with nice music and patting his tummy I hope it works lol
    Airwraps are for sale at Target and BigW. You can also get them a little cheaper secondhand on ebay