ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

View Poll Results: Did you drink alcohol during pregnancy?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, often I had 2 or more drinks

0 0%
  • Yes, atleast once a week but never more then 2

8 9.20%
  • Yes, but never more then 1 glass and only on special occasions

28 32.18%
  • No, I didnt touch a drop

51 58.62%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I took drugs while in labour, lots of them/all of them.

But I didn't drink during pregnancy.

Do you think that evens out.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Anushka View Post
    I took drugs while in labour, lots of them/all of them.

But I didn't drink during pregnancy.

Do you think that evens out.
    Probably not JMHO though.....I suppose that would change depending on how much alcohol we were talking about

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I started a spin off thread, for those interested here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    Maybe 2-3 the entire 9 mths at most, normally just a mouthful from DFs beer. I posted this in the other thread but I'm curious to know why some women refuse flat out to drink alcohol but will use drugs during labor or will flag down the first intervention bus that drives pass, seems a bit odd to me.
    Haha so true! Never thought about it.

First trimester I never felt like any alcohol, for some reason now I am nearly craving it! I am having a glass or two a week. Never more than one a day. N.B. I used gas with my first labour and plan for none or just gas with this one lol.

Mummabear is offline Gone.....and no doubt already forgotten
    Thanks
    Reviews
    As other PP have said, I don't drink because if my children were to have any birth defects I would struggle with the guilt always wondering if it was something I did. I also read an article a couple of years ago from a woman who had 1 or two glasses of wine a couple of times every week and her son was born with Foetal Alcohol Syndrome. She was under the impression it was excessive drinking that lead to this, not moderate regular consumption - that article is something that has always stuck with me. On the other hand I have a GF who regularly drank through all 3 of her pregnancies, often getting 'drunk' and her kids are all okay. But in the words of my SIL on this subject - are they the best that they possibly could have been, we'll never know?!?!?!

MamaKoala is offline Happy Mummy of 2 Big Boys and a Baby Girl
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I actually lied on my poll. With ds1 I did have some alcohol after a knew I was pg. With ds2 I didn't drink at all. With dd I got drunk on new year eve before I knew I was pg but nothing after I found out. And with this one I had a couple of drinks on Christmas eve and one on Christmas day before I found out last Monday. I rarely drink but the last 2 pg I've managed to choose the worst times to actually have one or two.

biscotti is offline Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the odd glass here and there and a glass of champagne on my 40th ( I was 39 weeks I think and my OB said it was fine )- no problems with any of my children

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just thought i wold respond to the posters saying they dont know anyone IRL at has had a few drinks and has a child with FAS.

My brother was born with FAS. It wasnt notziced as in he was a drooling incompetant. He had some of the classic symptoms of FAS inclusing the bright shining eyes as a bub. It was always commented on how beautiful they were, but it wasnt noticable for diagnosis early. Hehit some milestones late, but it didnt raise alarm. Tnen from about grade 3 thelearning difficulties started. My parents did everything they could with tutors etc.he dropped outof school in year 8.He could barely read, anditgot progressively worse over time outof school, math was impossible.he was an amazing artist, coud draw with photographic recall this he saw.

He also developed, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. He was in andoutof psychiatric care from 12 years old and went to live with a carer at 16 after repeated attempts to harm us and kill himself.

He struggled until he was 32 With more suicide and homicide attempts towards his family than i can count. He killed himself the day before his 33rd birthday. It does happen, and that was less than 6 drinks during a pregnancy

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok so I picked the special occaisions option... BUT... when I was pregnant with DS I did not touch a drop and I quit smoking.

When I was pregnant with DD I let myself have a glass of wine on the day I was 40 weeks, I had a lovely roast dinner with DH then took a book and a glass of wine to the bath and relaxed, I told myself I could have one glass for every week I went 'overdue' with her... I had a second glass when I was 41 weeks and that was it. I also quit smoking for that pregnancy..

Pretty good effort for someone who is a big drinker (bit of a problem drinker actually)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babybabycakes View Post
    Just thought i wold respond to the posters saying they dont know anyone IRL at has had a few drinks and has a child with FAS.

My brother was born with FAS. It wasnt notziced as in he was a drooling incompetant. He had some of the classic symptoms of FAS inclusing the bright shining eyes as a bub. It was always commented on how beautiful they were, but it wasnt noticable for diagnosis early. Hehit some milestones late, but it didnt raise alarm. Tnen from about grade 3 thelearning difficulties started. My parents did everything they could with tutors etc.he dropped outof school in year 8.He could barely read, anditgot progressively worse over time outof school, math was impossible.he was an amazing artist, coud draw with photographic recall this he saw.

He also developed, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. He was in andoutof psychiatric care from 12 years old and went to live with a carer at 16 after repeated attempts to harm us and kill himself.

He struggled until he was 32 With more suicide and homicide attempts towards his family than i can count. He killed himself the day before his 33rd birthday. It does happen, and that was less than 6 drinks during a pregnancy