View Poll Results: Did you drink alcohol during pregnancy?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, often I had 2 or more drinks

0 0%
  • Yes, atleast once a week but never more then 2

8 9.20%
  • Yes, but never more then 1 glass and only on special occasions

28 32.18%
  • No, I didnt touch a drop

51 58.62%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Question Did you drink alcohol during pregnancy?

Did you drink alcohol during pregnancy? How do your children behave?

A new UK study is reporting that mothers who drank one glass of wine a week (and no more then 2) during pregnancy had babies/children with slightly less behavioral problems and performed somewhat better on cognitive tests than children whose mothers had abstained.

http://www.time.com/time/nation/arti...ss-mostpopular

Another report I read said they were unsure wether this positive effect on children was due to the alcohol or wether it was simply due to the pregnant mothers being more relax on a regular basis.

Please see other thread "did you use relaxation techniques during pregnancy?"

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    No i didnt touch a drop of alchohol when pregnent, and im so glad I didnt DD was born with a few birth defects one of which can be from driinking while pregnent ( acording to wed sites I have read) and I can tel you if i had of has as much as one drink I would of always woried if that one drink caused it. This way I know I didnt, I didnt do anythign i shouldnt while preggy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Nope, also didn't smoke or do recreational drugs. And thank god I didn't or I'd be blaming myself for my placenta previa.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't touch a drop of alcohol with my first two boys, but unknowingly had a couple of glasses of sparkly at Christmas last weekend not knowing I was 5 weeks pregnant!!

MissSteph is offline Proud young mother to 2 beautiful children
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I didn't vote cos none of them were suitable. I had far less than a glass both pregnancies together..

My family are European and are believers in red wine being "gods blood" and being full of antioxidants, they believe it's ok in pregnancy however never forced it upon me.
    When I was pregnant with DD I had tiny tiny sips here and there.. Maybe 10 sips the entire pregnancy, and DD is fine. She was a rather difficult baby with reflux but nothing extreme. I was also very relaxed in my pregnancy.

When I was pregnant with DS I had 1 single tiny sip of red wine (taste testing a new range dad found lol) and I hada few relationship issues throughout the pregnancy which made me stress plus raising a toddler.. DS is the most placid, relaxed baby. You can take him anywhere, anytime. He's well behaved and sleeps anywhere. Has always self settled etc.
    Both pregnancies (medically) were fine, no dramas there, and both births were quick with no problems.

Don't know if any of this is useful? But thought I'd put it out there..

Chicky Pea is offline aka 31andReady!!! (I'm not 31 anymore...ha ha!)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I chose 'only ever one drink and on special occasions'. I think I had 4-5 drinks the whole pregnancy. DD is only 5 months so not sure whether the study is proven on tots this young (haven't read the article yet ), but so far she is a very happy, alert and healthy baby, who according to my MHN was showing signs of behaviour normally seen in a 7 month old when she was about 4 months. Personally, I would doubt it's from alcohol, but I did have a pretty chilled out pregnancy so maybe there's something in that...?

Thanks
    Reviews
    nah I didnt drink any alcohol when pregnant and im not really a drinker unless its an occasion when im not pregnant so for me its no big deal. I often go 9 months or more without a drink anyway

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope not one drop. I agree with PP if something had of happened with DD I'd hate to be carrying around that guilt for the rest of my life.

AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't find the age groups they did in this article, must have been another one I read but I think they tested the kids at 6 months, 3 years and 5 years.

I also had the occasional glass of red wine (maybe a total of 5 glasses through out the whole pregnancy, I remember saying I could count them on one hand) But to be honest towards the end I didnt have any interest in alcohol at all.

Also didnt think I looked real good waddling round, looking like I was about to pop, with a glass of wine in hand

Thanks
    Reviews
    I drink a small glass of wine or a light beer maybe a couple of times a week.

My DD is now 2.5 and is bright, intelligent, sweet behaved and loving as any child could be...she's an absolute delight.

We've often wondered how we got such a nice kid....now I know!

But then I am a great believer in all things in moderation.