+ Reply to Thread
    Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default anyone else spend xmas day with just ur immediate family?

We usually do, my family are far away and DH's family might as well be... This year we had a friend spend the day with us, which was really special, but usually its just DH, kids and i. Its a bit quieter than what i grew up with. How did you make your day special, if it was filled with your 'everyday' people, (even though you may love them to death)?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We spent the day with just our little family. All DH's family was busy wiht their inlaws and well my family is all in Canada! So we were all by ourselves this year. We really enjoyed it tho!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wish I wish I think they are the best Christmas 's. It's all you need

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    This year was a family "off' year for us. Usually that means a trip to my family in Sydney...but I wasn't going anywhere being 39 weeks pregnant.

So Xmas eve at In-laws, (just 3 hours! hooray). All nice and good natured.

Xmas day, at home just us three, stayed in my dressing gown all day and did NOTHING but watch movies, as it was too wet to even venture outside.

ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We've always had Christmas with only immediate family and this year with our great gran aswell. Its never been a very big special occasion though... im hoping oneday as our families grow we can do alot more in the way of celebrations and traditions...

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Almost all our Christmases are just DH, me and our boys. All our extended family are interstate and overseas, and unless they come to us we do it solo.

It's such a beautiful day! The boys open their presents and get to play all day because they don't have to go anywhere, we make a fabulous lunch and drink way more than if we had to drive somewhere.

It's such a relaxing day, I love our little Christmases

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We always do Christmas just us, we have presents in the morning, bacon and eggs for breakfast, take DD to the park, nice lunch together, watch a movie after lunch, small dinner then DD goes to bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We did this year it was so nice we had a lazy breakfast then went to the park to give the ducks some xmas bread and the kids had a play before it started raining too hard then mucked around with their new toys they had sammy for lunch (they were starvign and the ham wasn't quite ready) and a nap more playing then ham for dinner and an early night for 2 very worn out kiddies - though DS was a bit of a stuggle to get to sleep.
    Last yr it was an orphans xmas - all our friends with no family came here and we had a lovely day but I am looking forward to next year with all the extended family coming to us - as we will finally be in the same city as most of them!