Closed Thread
Page 87 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Crofty – so sorry to hear about your BFN – it always sucks. In answer to your questions...What type of luteal support are you on and how often?? Do they check your prog levels at 21 dpo?? Yes I have seen plenty of women on bubhub 35+ to conceive their 1st bubba – it can take longer than the younger ladies. Keep an eye on the 35+ thread – it is quiet there lately but there have been a few recent babies born and pregnancies. I hope your time is soon.

Paddlegirl – welcome & good luck! Our clinic doesn’t do back to back stim cycles but you can do stim then FET back to back.

TTHC – glad to hear DS’s birthday went well – he deserves to be spoiled. I often wonder the same thing with ob bookings - maybe its the "fertiles" who just know they will get pregnant when they try and book in early!!!!???

EO – How frustrating for you!!! I can’t believe you have 40 follicles – wow and your oestrogen is sky high. How ru feeling, ru keeping up your fluids and high protein – they say its meant to help and rest up after EPU. I hope you get some great quality eggs. Go DH’s super swimmers for some great ones!

We will gradually start telling people now. I really want to tell DD before too many people as she picks up on everything these days – she’s too tired during the week, so will aim for the weekend.
    Loulabelle – congratulations on your great news, glad bubba is healthy and all on track – how exciting! Gosh swine flu, you poor thing! And vomiting 10 times a day is just awful – i had hyper-emesis with DD and it is so draining. I hope you still have your helpers around.

Lindylou – I hope so, that would be great to be the first Sydney bubba! I hope your FS does go with the pred. Its worth a shot!

Hi to everyone else

AFM - thanks everyone for your lovley wishes, it all feels surreal, much more relaxed today though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

TheTimeHasCome, thank you again for your message on JulyTWW.... and for answering my qn re back to back cycles... and also Congrats on being UTD Hooray!!

EternalOptimist, thanks for the welcome... We are doing IVF because DH sperm has low motility. So FS thought we would have good success with IVF. We just had an ICSI cycle. I am not 100% sure what factors affect implanting though... need to do more research.

PinkB thanks for the warm welcome, and also your reply about back to back cycles. And congrats on your being UTD, and having a great scan!! After 7 stim cycles, I can sunderstand why you were so emotional and overcome with joy!

Loulabelle, congrats on your bubba ! Glad the second u/s gave you a much better picture.

Lindylou, thanks for your welcome and reply... I didnt know the body could be out of whack, and cycle could be late, although of course that makes sense. That reinforces my decision to wait a while. Am going to Perth end Sept to visit parents. If my next cycle is late, I wont have time to start and complete a cycle in Sept.

We have just had a stim cycle and unfortunately no frosties from it so it would have to be another stim cycle.... As I had said in another thread, I think I might need to have a break anyway (mentally and emotionally). The IVF cycle was harder than I thought. People told me about how invasive and draining it was but I wasnt prepared for extent of the side effects, and all the hoping, then the BFN. And I posted on Fri or Sat that AF had come, so it was our BFN sign but that I was ok (disappointed but coping ok). Realised on Mon that actually I was quite flat. I even started looking up adoption processes (talk about a reactionary response!)

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies, just a quick update, feeling pretty ordinary today.

Paddlegirl: We too are doing IVF due to MFI, its very frustrating that it doesn’t work even though you are fit and healthy. The cycles can be very difficult, i have just finished a 5 month break and it was just what we needed after 12 months of back to back cycling and a MC. Just bear in mind that your emotions will be all over the place due to the rise and fall in hormone levels after a failed cycle, so take care of yourself and the flatness eventually gets better.

PinkB: Even though i have over 40 follies, i feel surprisingly OK, extremely bloated, a little nausea but better than i thought i would feel, FN calls every day to make sure i am OK. I have been drinking at least 2.5 litres of water a day to help flush everything out so FN told me that has helped me a lot. Can’t wait to hear DD excitement about her new little brother or sister. Has she ever asked when she would be getting one?

Loulabelle: Congrats on the fantastic scan and great news.

AFM: Triggered last night and EPU tomorrow at 9.30am. FS halved the dose of my trigger injection to avoid me getting really sick. Not looking forward to the next couple of days. I just have this horrible feeling that all my eggs will be crap because of such high Estrogen levels and we won’t even get any to freeze and I’ll have to go through all of this again in 2-3 months time. Such a waste of the last 5 months that DH and i have been so good with all our herbs and lifestyle choices and the thought of having to do all this again. I couldn’t care less about the money, it’s the time that will kill me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quick one...

Good luck at EPU today EO, I hope you get some beautiful eggs, and feel fine in the next few days...

Sending you lots of

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi EO - Good Luck with EPU today!!! you're probably already there, sitting, ready and waiting. I can't believe you have 40 follies - WOW - I am on the max FSH and can oly produce - I think my max was 10 (but we only ever collect 4 eggs). You and I need t join forces - that way we'll produce the perfect quanity (and quality we'd hope!!) you get some nice ones today that fertilise perfectly for you, ready to come out of the freezer in a month or so

Pink B - thanks hon, i might join the over 35rs thread, hadn't seen it until recently and it looked pretty established, so very hard to catch up on who everyone is and what everyones up to. My proj supp was for this cycle, crinone and pessaries, so I'll be asking my FS today what else we are going to do (the pessaries themselves were only 200 rather than the 400 as what my FC did was to reduce the cost now, substitute the reamining 200mg with crinine - due to the expense of pessaries being nearly $5 each one x 2 per day - gets pretty costly, wheras with crinone, I get that as part of my cost with the clinic costs - and once you run out you have to purchase, as i've been advissed that if i did get a BFP that I would require progesterone support for the 1st 3 months.) I haven't had any monitoring after ET? for prog or anything? possiblt due to not getting through the luteal stage anyway (can't get to 14 post EPU - let alone 21 So happy for you and bubs progress I'm sure DH is also and we all can't wait to hear all abut the 1st SYD bub .

Paddlegirl to the SYD thread. I have done back to back stim cycles - my last one (before July) was in April - 1st antagonist cycle, after a long down reg cycle - i had EPU on 14 Feb and again 2 mths later on 14 April - so it cn be down, just in my case it hasn't worked - but everyones different! - this journey is very emotional and physically/mentally draining (espcially if you don't know if you're just getting fat or its bloating )- its g8 to have friends and family around - however unless they've been in this situation, whatever they say is nice, but.... that's why we have BUBHUBcause we do understand!!!!

Hi to TTHC & Loulabelle- hope your both well and bubs are growing healthy and strong

Lindy and Nat - hope your both well!thanks Lindy on the advise, heads up with testing - i get very confused and unsure of what I had done when our jurney 1st started back 12 months ago - what do you think of acupunture? might try it this time around, i heard its quite expensive though as you need to go ac ouple of time a week?

Angela - hows TWW treating you? when do you go and see Dr Fong in Westmead (next week?)

Hi to everyone else out there some of you have been quiet - and prob just lurking.

AFM - have today off, and we're going to the FS again to see what next step is - I think I wil go get the ovarian reserve (AMH) test done - just scared about results as I know what I'll be like if i get a bad result and theres nothing you can do (hate being not able to control this) to increase it again (like take menevit!)- DH says not to worry as he had his sperm test and he has low reserve - had to remind him that eggs are few and far between his swimmers - but he had a point, we should get it done and soldier on - I have to stop crying at the drop of a hat and move on!!!!

Might try and dig up the good ole roll call for something to do in bed its too cold to get up

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crofty For This Useful Post:

EternalOptimist  (15-08-2011),paddlegirl  (14-08-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck eternal optimist for epu this morning, thinking of you!! Hope u get some great quality eggs!

Finally figured out how to post on dh's iPhone!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkButterfly For This Useful Post:

EternalOptimist  (15-08-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sydney Girls Roll Call

Waiting to Cycle
    (limbo land, on a break, between cycles, etc)
    Lindylou78
    Lola77
    MrsDaisyP
    Starf1sh
    Traveler
    Quartz
    Lifeonhold
    Bee
    MummyMoo
    Kelbelle
    Nat84u
    Felicita
    Bella978
    Crofty
    paddlegirl

Cycle Underway
    (IUI, IVF, ICSI, FET, etc)

EternalOptimist- EPU 11/8

TWW

angelanathan - BT 20/8

UTD
    PinkButterfly
    Loulabelle
    The Time Has Come
    25andhopeful - natural miracle

Proud Mummies
    Nat84u - DD 2004
    PinkButterfly- DD 2007
    Traveler- DS 2009
    Lola77- DS 2009
    Loulabelle- DD 2009
    The Time Has Come- DS Aug 2010
    Leeny- DD Oct 2010

I think I have it right

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good job on the roll call Crofty

Sorry everyone for the lack of personals, stuck in training the rest of the week.

EO- sending you best wishes for EPU today! Hope there's lots of lovely mature eggs xx

Sent from my X10i using Bubhub

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    EO, all the best for EPU today! I'm sorry it's looking like a freeze all The delays really suck especially when you've put so much into the prep but will be SO rewarding if it results in a perfect sticky BFP!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Starf1sh For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck eternal optimist, hope you get lots of nice quality eggies today. I hope the OHSS stays away. Have a good rest this afternoon and please let us know how you go.

Lindylou: Hope your training week is good and not too boring!!!

Hi other Sydney girls I wish our warm weather from last week would come back, I am freezing. How is everyone going???
    Last edited by Loulabelle; 11-08-2011 at 09:06. Reason: oops made a mistake I think???? Not sure what my computer is doing

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Loulabelle For This Useful Post: