Closed Thread
Page 21 of 151 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies I apologize but am going to have a me post - have had a dreadful week finished off by a very crappy day!!! Have really been struggling to get back into the routine of work and being a teacher the added stress of having to 'perform' in front of children all day is exhausting!!! On top of that I am an assistant principal so I spend a lot of my day listening to staff complain and sometimes really just want to tell them there are far more important things in life!!! After a very stressful week I got myself into work(just) this morning and before the day even started had someone come into the office and announce they were pregnant and due the same day I would have been due!! To make it even worse this person is a friend and knew my whole history and that I had just had a m/c. Not that I am not happy for her but so hard to have to digest that 3 weeks after a m/c in a big group of people - needless to say I didn't last the while day at work!!! Sorry for the rant.... Just one of those days!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quartz-

Sounds like one of those days you'd have been better off staying in bed . I can only imagine how you must be feeling... hope your DH is looking after you and that you'll be smiling again soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all I've been reading through your thread and hope u dont mind a newbie joining in? I'm in the 2ww period - had egg collected on 14 Feb and transferred 2 embryos 2 days later on 16 Feb so now in this terrible waiting period and hoping for a successful cycle (prev cycle nov/dec 10 - only 1 egg fertilized and only got through 1 week) so im sure in a few days I will be quite stressed and would be good to talk to girls who are and have been through what I'm going through - hope to chat soon and catch up in the lingo!!!

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sydney Gals, How are you all enjoying the heat today? I am struggling with it, I hate hot days at the best of times and it feels worse today cause I am all pumped up with Progesterone from these horrible pessaries.

Quartz: Oh darl so sorry to hear about your horrible day. I would have left early as well. It’s a lot to take in when someone close to you tells you there pg announcements and its made harder by the fact what you have just been through. It would have been nicer if she could of told you in private first to allow time for you to digest the news more. I hope your feeling a bit better since Friday.

Crofty: Welcome to the thread – I too am in my TWW and have my BT on Friday 25th. Its such a stressful time, I find I am OK for the first 5 days but then about this time the doubt starts to creep in and come Wed or thurs I will be an emotional wreck. How are you going with the wait? Will you POAS? I am not going to, never have cause I am too scared of a Chemical pregnancy.

Nat: All the best for you scan tomorrow babe – can’t wait to hear the good news about your little bub. Hope you are able to get some sleep tonight, I know I would be so excited (and very nervous) about the US.

Lindylou: Enjoy your time away and hope its not too tiring for you. Great news about the US, at least now you know there was something (like you thought there was) and now hopefully you can get this fixed up ready for your next cycle. Have you spoken to your GP or FS about the type of treatment for this yet?

Pinkbutterfly: How are you going darl? Hope its getting easier to take DD to preschool now and there are no more tears. Not sure if I read on another thread somewhere but are you doing another cycle again soon?

MummyMOO: Welcome to the thread, I am with Sydney IVF (City) and love them, they really are a five star service. Any time I call, it never seems to be a drama and no question is too silly. I love that each Dr has their own set of nurses, it makes it easier to ask questions without having to relay your history to someone different each time. I haven’t done there program but have seen it on the website and it looks really good. Good luck with it and let us know how your going with it.

Starfish: How are you going babe? I read on another post your been having a rough time, hope your feeling better. I was gonna post on the other tread but didn’t want to intrude. Thinking of you babe.

AFM: 5 days to go to my BT, I had acupuncture yesterday and the lady told me I had a good strong pulse and the color of my tongue looked really healthy which is exactly what they want for the middle of the TWW. I only go to her to help relieve all my anxiety, she put two little seeds in my ears which is supposed to help reduce my stress, I find I always get really emotional and act like a psychopath the last few days before the BT – DH calls me progesteronezilla! Please let this week go quickly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lindylou – June will come around quickly I am sure! Interesting about your thyroid – i hope you get some answers. Enjoy NZ. Great roll call by the way!

Nat – good luck for you scan.

Quartz - sending big hugs. It must have been awful to hear this news in a big group. I agree with EO that it would have been sensitive for her to tell you in private 1st. I hope ur doing OK.

Crofty – welcome and good luck. Hope the TWW crazies are not kicking yet!!

Eternal Optimist – glad you are going well, not long to go now. I love doing accu in the TWW it is so relaxing – your signs sound promising especially as you are on a FET. Have you noticed anything else? Sending many good vibes your way!
    Progesteronzillia – hilarious –we should get an icon for that – we have all been there!!! Yes, thinking about a cycle – it would start next week i think – i am such an old hand but still nervous about starting

Starfish – thinking of you

Hi to all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nat, how did you go with your scan today???

Crofty, welcome and sending you lots of vibes for your TWW.

Mummymoo, good luck with your fit for fertility program, hope it makes all the difference in getting you your BFP 1st go.

Quartz, I'm so sorry darl, it is such a painful thing to hear of someone else's good news so close to a recent loss for yourself I imagine probably made worse by her not telling you one on one (as the others have already said). The newest girl in our office announced her pregnancy on my 1st day back after D&C and while she isn't a friend I found I just had to focus on being respectful to her and telling myself it was perfectly ok not to make a big fuss of her news at my own expense. An important time to put yourself and your feelings 1st.

Lindylou, good luck with your GP appt this week, hoping there is something proactive you can do to help you move forward to that BFP in June! Have a nice glass of NZ wine for us Sydney girls!

PinkB, awesome news you are starting next week Nice short antagonist? Any new drugs to play with this time? I have an appt with our FS on Wednesday to discuss a cycle in April.

Hi EO, 100% thaw is amazing!! Bodes very well for little embie Only a few days till BT now, hang in there lovely I have had the seeds put in my ears a few times in the past but always find them too painful! Now my acu lady gives me little press tack needles to put in the middle of my forehead and I find that very relaxing.....

You are such a superstar at remembering everyone! Thanks for asking after me, yes I am having a pretty tough time of it, just very stressed at work and over it and finding the cumulative grief of 2 MC's (and 2 D&C's) in 6 months has been getting the better of me lately I have a birthday coming up so I certainly know what's causing this mood! I KNOW I will pull myself out of this place soon, besides I am lucky enough to be going to Japan on a skiing holiday in less than 2 weeks so have that to look forward to
    Big to everyone else
    Last edited by Starf1sh; 21-02-2011 at 18:39. Reason: sp

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Starfish - hope your appt goes well on wednesday. FS still planning a long down reg (- i have a few reservations about long down reg), will also add sazien, clexane and pred. I think he's just throwing everything at me so I have no regrets which is good I guess

Thanks
    Reviews
    PinkButterfly - Good Luck starting your new cycle . TWW hasn't bothered myself too much this time round, this time last cycle I was reading google all the time as I had that metalic taste (like I was eating 2c pieces, or licking batteries - like when you use to when you were a kid - lol) I think is was prob side effects from the Crinone Gel

Starfish - Thx, I try to keep really busy at work and not think about the TWW (nearly OWW) - very hard when there are soooo many pregnant women around at work/on the way to work...I keep asking for that pregnancy chair to make it to my workstation, especially when I've had to say farewell to quite a few work colleagues going off on Mat leave (some I even have to do the presentations for as well - and wish them all thes best (and I do, don't get me wrong, its just hard

Eternal Optimist - Good Luck with your BT on Friday - when will you find out??? I haven't POAS stick as yet, I actually have 1 left over from last cycle - With WFC I have to POAS on 2/3 and again on 4/3, hoping I get to that this time round then i assume I get a blood test at the FC (I have to call the nurses at WFC and advise of both results).

Accupuncture sounds g8 - wonder if it will help with this backpain.... seeing as I can't use a heatpack or Nurofen

Good Luck All wishing you All the best

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for yet another me post but just to top off an already dreadful couple of weeks today I came home to find we'd been robbed!!!! Grrrrrrrrr how many more things can go wrong!!!!

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quartz: Oh babe don’t apologize that’s what we are all here for. Things just aren’t going your way at the moment . I can’t believe you were robbed, do you know how they got in yet? Did you get the police involved? Hopefully insurance can cover the cost of anything that was taken, but I understand it’s more the fact they invaded your privacy and went through your stuff. I hope they find the dirt bag that done this to you guys. Have you spoken much to your friend from last week after her pg announcement?

Pinkbutterfly: I haven’t really noticed anything too much, a lot of the things I have going on are from the progesterone I think. Great news about starting another cycle , I understand how daunting this can be though, it’s the feeling that if your not cycling there isn’t anything that can disappoint you. The whole IVF journey makes me so anxious and nervous. I am a control freak and find that since starting IVF I have had no control over any of this process which has been really testing for me. What type of cycle are you doing this time? Great to hear your FS is giving you a heap of different things this time around, I have heard really great success stories from adding prednisone and clexane. I tried to get my FS to give it to me this cycle but he refused to as I had been tested for everything and it came back normal.

Starfish: Wow press tacks, do you wear them out in public? I was really worried people could see my ears and ask me what they were for. So sorry to hear your having such a hard time babe. You are such a strong lady for going through what you have endured in the last 6 months. I struggled to get over one and I can only imagine what its like for two. I hope you have the most fantastic time on your holiday and are able to forget all about the last 6 months . I feel for you about the birthday thing, im approaching my 30th in a few months and I have always said I wanted a baby before im 30, I also have my due date for my first pg on 5th May so I am praying that I have UTD before that or I know I will be a mess. Hang in there lovely and we are all here for you.

Crofty: Thanks darl, I have the BT at around 7.30am and the call usually come anytime between 11.00 and 3.00, so those 5 hours for me just feels like my life stands still and I don’t let my mobile phone out of my hand . I will be at work so I always take my phone, a tissue and pen and try and find somewhere in my office where there are no people around to watch what’s happening or hear me. How are you going with your TWW? Wow I can’t believe your clinic gives you a POAS, i never POAS cause I am always scared they won’t give me an accurate result. I must admit our clinic is good in that the BT is 10 days after transfer so its not that long to wait.

Nat: How did your US go babe?

AFM: 2 sleeps till BT and I am officially starting to loose the plot and all hope. Everything I feel, I really think is progesterone related. I woke up in a cold sweat last night and my heart was beating soooo fast. I am pretty sure this won’t be our month so I am trying not to think too much about the negative this month and trying to hype myself up for a stim cycle that will have me starting my injections next week some time. I have another acupuncture appointment tomorrow so will try and get a feel for what she thinks at the appointment. When I got my BFP last year it was my acu lady that told me the day before my BT that she thought I was PG as she could feel it in my pulse. I am still refusing to POAS though.