One is at 2 cell and the other at 1 cell. They're not recommending transfer, but I can go ahead if I want. Is there any point at all or would I just be torturing myself? Anyone got any ideas or ever heard of a 2 cell catching up?
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1508
10-10-2011 07:42 #1141
10-10-2011 08:01 #1142
Lola If it were me I would let them go to day 5 and give them the benefit of the doubt. You have nothing to lose and there is always a possibility of one of them catching up. Stranger things have happened in this game and I would always wonder if I discarded them. Best of luck with your decision xx
10-10-2011 08:13 #1143
Quick question about crinone. Put it in at 8am then about 9 I was standing there and felt a gush looked down and there was a white mess on knickers. Is this common? And does it mean it's working?
10-10-2011 08:19 #1144Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jun 2011
Lola...they must have checked them very early today , as in before 8. From memory ET isn't till 2 something ? Embryos go through 6 hour cycles I am told, if it has hope, then it would be at least a 3 cell or starting to be a 3 cell by the time for ET. Is there any fragmentation?
From my experience ET wasn't too bad, so I would probably put it back just in case anyway. There is always hope, but if they tell you it has arrested , then that would be not so good. You could of course also put the frostie back , but I know why you wouldn't want to.
Personally, I would see what happens till arvo , if there is any change transfer them both anyway. If there is no change , I would transfer my frostie. But that is my personal choice right now, I may feel different being in that situation you are in. Hope you don't mind me suggesting it, I know how hard this is for you.
After all your body is nice and ready for frostie now, it's as good a time as ever. And mentally, you were waiting for this day too .
Sorry if I am not helpful at all, I just give you my thoughts.
Lots of Hugs, will be thinking of you .
If you need talk just pm me.
Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub
10-10-2011 09:13 #1145
Lola – I would transfer them both, you have a better chancewith two embryos than with no embryos. I also like starfish’s recommendation ofleaving them both to day five since you have nothing to lose anyway. With mysecond cycle we had a one embryo start to fertilize very very late in thepiece, a day and a bit after the others, so it was lagging behind in the cellcount. Five days later it was our best emby!! Our only AA grade!! So I thinkyou definitely still have a shot with these two! I was trying to read back acouple of pages, I thought originally you only had one egg fertilise? So theother could be a late bloomer like my emby. I wouldn’t waste a chance no matterhow small the success rate is. We come too far and put ourselves through toomuch. If you have them transferred you can go into the two week wait with theattitude of they probably haven’t made it, but if they do then that’s a bonusand you won’t need to stim again. I’m really sorry, I know I am soundinginsensitive to the heartbreaking struggle to get to this point, and the tortureof facing another cycle if this one doesn’t work, but I still think as long asthey are both alive you have a shot.
I was so sad reading your post the other day about how desperatelyyou want to give DS a sibling, and how much you love being pregnant. Icompletely understand. When you have a child and you go through IVF, it is avery different pain to before. I think about this every day. DH is very adamantthat November will be the last time we stim, and then we get on with our lives.I am thinking of you and praying for you today. It is going to be a tough one.
10-10-2011 09:13 #1146
Thank you SO much for all the well wishes for my FET today , not long to go now, I'm booked for 1.30pm. I'll jump back on when I get home to do personals & let you know how we went.
Lola- I'm so sorry your embies are behind at this stage . If I were in your shoes, I'd let them grow to day 5. If they're not going to make it, then I'd rather find out before ET and save myself the agony of a TWW filled with uncertainty. Here's some babydust for your embies, I hope they have a turbo charged growth spurt
10-10-2011 09:39 #1147
It has been far too long between posts from me. Sorry. Ihave been reading every day and you are all in my thoughts.
Angel, Lola and Lindy – I really hope today is the first dayof a very successful pregnancy for you all. I hope the transfers went smoothly.Angel, don’t worry about the crinone, I think your body absorbs what is neededin the half and hour lying down time.
How are our TWWers going? I hope it is going quickly girls
Sticky – i know it’s easier said than done, but try not toworry about doing the wrong thing on the tww. When I was pregnant with DS, Idid a test and it was a BFN. I had a breakdown and I ‘quit being good’ and dida lot of the wrong things, even ate caviar for the first time ever. Two dayslater I took another test just out of curiosity and it was a very strong BFP. Soif it’s meant to stick, it will.
Pinkb – moving house is always a little bit fun even thoughit is a lot stressful. I really hope the specialist appt is great and thatthere is nothing to worry about. It’s true that things can fix themselves inthe womb. My friends 20 week ultrasound showed a significant heart defect whichfixed itself in the following 20 weeks! But if the outcome isn’t positive, youare such a strong woman, you will be able to cope with this.
TTHC – I am in awe of you. In such a hard time you arealready paving the way to carry on with life. I’m pretty sure I would be curledup in a ball for a lot longer. I really hope that the next few days continue toget better and better for you and your family.
EO – are you getting closer to a transfer date?
Starfish, yay for moving forward!
Paddlegirl – Welcome back!
Hello to everyone else
AFM – AF started on the weekend so I am officially at thestart of my last stim, even though I don’t start sniffing for another threeweeks, I still feel like I am moving forward. Am getting all gittery about itnot working etc, but I’m pretty sure that’s normal, I’m just saving up all mypositive thinking for the tww.
10-10-2011 09:43 #1148Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jun 2011
Lindy...good luck, how exiting !!!!!
Do any of you think it's worth it doing accupuncture once a week in the 2ww ? My accu-lady recommended to have a session again this week, but it's $$$ and we don't have much
We didn't calculate the 700$ Genea charges for cryopreserving an embie.
I love my clinic, the people working there are all very dedicated, professional and caring people, I would think so even if DH wasn't working there.
But their prices are rediculous , I am sorry. We paid 500$ for ET day-surgery fees ( don't have private health) , and we were there less then 15 minutes. It sure hurts when you are struggling to raise the 10000 it costs on a single low income
At the same time , if it increases the odds of this baby-embie sticking I will gladly fork out the 80$. It's scary how attached I already am to this bunch of cells
Hi to all other Sydney Girls , hope you have a nice day , or at least an ok one.
10-10-2011 10:24 #1149
DH has spoken to FN, embryologist and stand-in FS. All think there is no point in transferring as they really haven't developed. Apparently the embryologist could see nothing to suggest a problem with the sperm or egg and no explanation of why it didn't work.
Nothing more to do. They'll watch them until day 5 anyway. The FS suggested there is some evidence that the numbers are better for a natural FET, so not to go ahead with the frostie now. Can't speak to my FS for 2 weeks about back to back cycles or whether there's any point in keeping trying.
DH thinks we should do a natural FET next cycle as if it doesnt work we won't have lost anything, as if it doesn't work, it never would have worked. I really don't know whether I want to lose that little bit of hope I get from having it there.
I know there are people in worse situations but I really just wanted this one to work so I could move on from the m/c. I hate the thought of this never working but also I'm not sure how to continue to function when I'm living and breathing IVF. At a loss as to where to go from here
10-10-2011 11:13 #1150Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jun 2011
Oh Lola, so sorry to hear that. I am really sad for you, can't imagine what you must be going through It is so difficult especially if you already have a little munchkin.
Hope FS has some answers .
Lots of hugs
Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub
By FunKy~Mummy in forum Conception issues & ttcReplies: 274Last Post: 18-06-2015, 20:02
By Bella978 in forum IVFReplies: 950Last Post: 27-05-2013, 10:02
By SimpsonDesert in forum IVFReplies: 1640Last Post: 06-09-2012, 18:27
Be In BlossomWe offer physiotherapy run pregnancy Pilates, pregnancy Aerobics, and Mummy Pilates & Baby Massage classes with a ...
LATESTToilet training: when is the best time to start?Why it is OK for your child to be differentWhat is a blessing way? How is it different to a baby shower?
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Miracle March TTC and Testing ChatConception & Fertility General Chat
What are our chances??pregnancy and babies through IVF
Food supplements for kidsGeneral Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
Happiness thread.General Chat
Egg Donation in Greece #5Egg Donation
IVF/ICSI/FET/due group March/April/May/June #3When are you due?
ConfusedConception & Fertility General Chat
Sperm donor needed in BrisbaneNon-IVF fertility assistance