+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hysteroscopy, Biopsy and NK Cells testing

Hi All,

Been lurking for a while but still reading....

I had my antibody/gene tests done as I had two early miscarriages from my first two IVF cycles and FS suggested I go through all the testing before another cycle to make sure there isnt an underlying cause.

My results (from all 13 vials of blood!) were all normal so now I have been booked in for a Hysteroscopy, Uterine Biopsy etc. I expect they will be testing for NK Cells too, and to make sure everything looks good in there!

My question is - I have read on the net that a biopsy for NK cells is best done just before AF arrives, however FS did not mention this and just booked me in for 14th December. I am due for AF today but with PCOS it could arrive at any time. I am worried I will have just had AF prior to biopsy and if so - will it still work?

Could I get a false result?

Thanks guys and hope everyone is well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Pepsi,

The best and most accurate time to have the endo biopsy for NK cells is between CD 21-CD 27. Most FS will do it CD 25 or CD 26 for the most optimum results.

It's usually done at this time in a cycle as this is when your NK cells are at the most active and is the time period when an embie would be trying to implant.

Maybe try and discuss this with your FS again beforehand. I've known a few ladies on BH who have had their tests done earlier in their cycle and received negatives but when done towards the end, show positive.

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi, I had my testing done in the second half of my cycle. I was closely monitored to see when I ovulated so they could be sure to get it at the correct time of my cycle.

My FS said it was important to have the testing at the correct timing. I would ask your FS to revise, or seek a second opinion.