Closed Thread
Page 98 of 100 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies
    Leeanne how are you doing and feeling ??????

Micca its hard to believe the time has gone so fast and you're going for no 2, how exciting !! Can you just remind, how many transfers did you have to conceive Arabella ? I hope this little frosty is her baby bro or sis !!!

Lilwish I hope each day helps heal you a little more and of course it's getting you closer to being able to cycle again. I know it feels an age away now but it'll come around soon ! Glad you had some friends to help while away the time with dh away.

Hi to everyone else ....

Afm, on day 5 I only had one good for CGH biopsy with another "possible" that they wanted to watch through to day 6. We decided on that and given our history of chromosomally normal pregnancies not to have CGH testing. We froze both with a view to an FET (I believe with my overstimmed ovaries I'm much better having a natural frozen cycle. However, one of the little frostys I had transported from my old clinic decided to come good on day 6 - it was a partially compacted morula on day 5 and turned into a blasty day 6. Wasn't good enough to freeze as clinic HS super strict criteria on freezing but it was good enough to transfer. So have a grade 3 blasty on board, I'm not going OTT with hope given the quality but you just never ever know. So PUPO, with BT 5th Nov, with extra support thanks to my little bedtime buddies - crinone, clexane and prednisone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    lilbirdy.........congrats on being PUPO...woohoo you just never know with those lower graded embryos many FS's have stories of bad embryos producing good pregnancies.... Ill be thinking of that little embie for you. But great news on having 2 blasts to freeze..that is just fantastic. Sometimes the unexpected happens when we have no expectations...

lilbirdy it took me 3 goes to get arabella... #1 - 2 blasts bfn (from 10embryos), #2 3xday3embies (from 14 embryos -3 frozen) BFN #3 - 2 blasts. BFP (from 15embryos.. 3 frozen-day3)

Leanne...hang in there in the 2ww...

lilwish.... I see that you are from brissie... Im with queensland fertility group..with warren. I am very impressed with him... and chose him from word of mouth and his reputation to get us more mature gals pregnant.
    I think my transfer will be around nov 9th.

so Im on CD5... so just chugging along...trying to remember to take the drugs and inject..lol. Recovering well from the hysteoscopy, but still have this darn cough which is driving me nuts... sigh... not impressed...thankfully no fevers but it has been hanging around for 9days now... so I wish it would get better... I feel like I just need about 4 days sleep and it will improve.
    Last edited by micca; 28-10-2011 at 20:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by micca View Post

lilbirdy it took me 3 goes to get arabella... #1 - 2 blasts bfn (from 10embryos), #2 3xday3embies (from 14 embryos -3 frozen) BFN #3 - 2 blasts. BFP (from 15embryos.. 3 frozen-day3)
    Thanks Micca, like you say, you just never know. What looks good through the microscope doesn't always turn out that way & vice versa.

So, if I have this right, Arabella was your first FET ? If so, supports my theory that FETs are more successful than fresh. Just a little mini scientific study here on our thread but there's more & more evidence to support that. That said, maybe this freshie will buck the trend !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lilbirdy View Post

So, if I have this right, Arabella was your first FET ? If so, supports my theory that FETs are more successful than fresh. Just a little mini scientific study here on our thread but there's more & more evidence to support that. That said, maybe this freshie will buck the trend !
    no arabella was from the fresh cycle #3... I stockbanked embryos so did 3 fresh cycles in a row and thats how I got my 6 frosties... 3 from #2 and 3 from #3...... I wanted lots of frozens so if it worked I would have a few FETS up my sleeve for number 2 child. If that makes sense

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ive had a rough day today... I spent all night vomiting with a high fever of 38.6...not the nicest having spiralina revisit you for a second time... I think it was the calamari I had for lunch... Im feeling better and have not vomited today and managed to eat and drink a little...but really feel like Ive been run over by a mac truck... with the cold ontop of it all my poor body is really under the weather.... not what you want for a FET in 10 days.... not sure whether to take antibiotics as it can interfere with the estrogen absorption vs getting well... I have some and I am on the fence really...sigh.... So I have had a day at home..my mother has been the nanny for DD although she is sick as well.... great household at the moment. Hoping to feel better tomorrow... but no more eating out for a while for me...

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Vomitty bug

Micca- Sorry to hear that you are sick. There is something going around town with a vomitty flavour. My neice had it, her mum then had it and my brother that helped take care of them now has it. From their experience the vomitty part doesnt last long. Hopefully you will be feeling better soon. They did not take antibiotics or anything like that and as far as I know are recovering well.
    Welcome to Brisbane hey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

Lilbirdy... congrats on PUPO!!! What a lovely surprise! Who knows.. maybe this one will work (without the pressure and high hopes) and then you have frosties for next time...?

Leannep... how are you tracking? Not long to go til BT

cillile... any news on the donor testing? Hope you're getting closer

Micca... so sorry to hear yr sick. Hope you feel better soon. Glad you have yr mum to help with DD so you can concentrate on getting better and ready for ET. At least you have a bit of time to recover. Lots of rest!

AFM, feeling calmer now. Taking each day as it comes. I told DH we should go like rabbits this month... who knows . With the pressure off from cycling, and following D&C, stranger things have happened. other than that, just prepared to take whatever comes at the moment. All the stress I've been putting on myself isn't helping, so may as well let it go for now. Gardening today before this arvo's storm... And planning camping trip.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies just thought id check how you ladies were doing that are PUPO waiting to see some BFP....
    leannep how are you feeling? been thinkin of you....

lilbirdy r u obsessin yet??

chille hope things move forward for you soon and u get your xmas wish...

micca I hope your on the mend sounds like your gearing up for your cycle take care and lots of rest....

lilwish camping sounds like just the remedy to relax....goin at it like rabbits sound exhaustin....

AFM still so disappointed as if I havent questioned my body enough for the last 3 years a failed ED transfer really makes ya question you body...... we really dont know what to do from here we are sitting on the fence what if the next one is "the one" its almost like an addiction that I cant seem to quit !!! its been 4 yrs since we decided to have a baby together and 3 yrs since losing our boy and with each failure I lose more and more hope but I think im still stuck in limbo and lost its like I cant move forward without a baby...
    give it to me girls what should I???

Thanks
    Reviews
    tens...its hard question I would honestly answer now that I have Arabella that in the big picture money does not matter...it can be earnt..and that is what mortgages help out with.. If you want a guarenteed pregnancy and have $20,000 then I would go to the USA and use RBA georgia for their donor egg program... their quoted success is about 80%. they use the uterine scratch which I have just done. and will put 2 nice blasts back.
    Once you have that bundle in your arms it is all worth it money does not matter. Their success is certainly better than what I am hearing out of south africa.
    I hope that this helps..PM me if you want to know more and I can put you in touch with a lady that has just done it remotely in the usa and is pregnant at 43yrs.

lilwish... lets hope that your month off helps... enjoy the camping trip and be sure to pack a few marsmellows and a bottle of wine or 2...

well Im running about 80-85% now... no vomiting for 24hrs so that is good and my appetite is coming back so that is good. I took some antibiotics for my snot and I have to say that I think that it is worth it as it seems to be improving so Im glad I did.
    contiuing to take it easy, getting my hair cut tomorrow and little bit of light shopping... next scan for the follies is on weds so we will see how they are growing, I started the clexane tonight... not so bad when I change it to a new syringe but it still has a little kick... I dont think that the smell of the gonalF will ever leave my mind...amazing that it is so easily remembered after 16months.
    Off to have some yummy toast..lol..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tens, I know how you feel... I couldn't ever see myself being able to stop trying. After this last mc tho and then the need to do D&C afterall, all of a sudden I'm feeling like I can stop cos I've had enough. I'll do the FET next mth, but not having high hopes for it. Maybe I'll change my mind then, but for now I'm thinking that's it. When I consider our age, and chances of having a healthy baby as well as not being too old for our child (given up on thinking we'll have 2 now)... I've really started picturing life without kids and it's not so bad. I still have the love of my life - and we can still have a wonderful life together.
    So my advice is that if yr still wondering and wanting to try then yr not ready to give up yet... I fully believe you'll know when it's time.... and everyone is different.
    As for your body letting you down with ED,, who's to say the embie wasn't a dodgy one? Everyone has dodgy ones - you've got more to try again, and one of those may work perfectly.... when you're ready for it.

Micca, glad yr feeling a lot better. Now you can start to enjoy your holiday in Brissie - sorry about the weather today tho