ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 93 of 100 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Tens2Many how are you going sorry I keep meaning to ask??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Leannep, so glad yr scan went well and nothing to worry about... you're on yr way!

Well unfortunately my scan was a disaster! We've miscarried again
    So with both mc I've only had a little spotting, which everyone says is normal... obviously not for me.
    The sack was only 5wk size although I'm 7wks. FS thinks it has been shrinking. Couldn't see any foetus but FS showed me how big it should have looked - would have been obvious. Going for followup scan on Fri to see if still shrinking and this will determine if I have D&C there and then Fri.

We're so devastated. Couldn't stop crying yest morning, then numb by the arvo - still numb now. Was mum's bday yest & had to tell her, then didnt go to her bday dinner. DH left for Townsville this morning - back tmw nt. He took day off yest and will Fri too. He's as messed up as me.

We've just had chromo testing (takes a month to come back) on ourselves. Have frosty to ET (won't bother testing it as it may destroy it cos already blasty, and testing done in Melbourne so may even have to fly there for ET)... so will just transfer and hope for best. If that one mc too, will have to decide on PGS testing for future embies. FS not a fan cos not foolproof and could be discarding good embies without knowing. Too much to think about. Will get thru this one, then do FET ... hopefully it will work?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Iilwish that is sole destroying for the two of you I have tears for your pain and wish I could fix it for you it's so bloody unfair here you are giving it all you can and still get it ripped out from under you please take care and if you need to talk please feel free to pm me as I'm here for you. Take care Hun and take all the time in the world to grieve xx sending u hugs

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Leannep For This Useful Post:

lilwish  (12-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    lilwish....Im so sorry that you have had another MC... big hugs
    if you are going to consider testing with a fresh cycle (hoping the blast is a goodie) then I would use CGH...which tests all chromosomes and is 90% accurate they do it in melbourne and sydneyivf in sydney. They use it a lot in the usa for people in your exact position. It is done on day 3 embies. If you are not on DHEA and melatonin and high dose Q10 I would consider them as well.
    But you know what the next one is going to be the child you are meant to have. This baby making process is for strong women and once you have that little baby it will seem a breeze and you will be the most patient and compassionate mother.xxxxxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by micca View Post
    lilwish....Im so sorry that you have had another MC... big hugs
    if you are going to consider testing with a fresh cycle (hoping the blast is a goodie) then I would use CGH...which tests all chromosomes and is 90% accurate they do it in melbourne and sydneyivf in sydney. They use it a lot in the usa for people in your exact position. It is done on day 3 embies. If you are not on DHEA and melatonin and high dose Q10 I would consider them as well.
    But you know what the next one is going to be the child you are meant to have. This baby making process is for strong women and once you have that little baby it will seem a breeze and you will be the most patient and compassionate mother.xxxxxxxx
    Leanne & Micca, thanks so much for your well wishes and support. You both know how I feel, unfortunately. I wish all the best for you, hoping this next cycle is yours.

Micca, I'm not sure if CGH is the same, but FS explained that during PGS/PGD (done in Mel) one cell is removed from the embie and tested. If abnormal chromos found, embie is deemed to be no good and discarded - cannot be transferred in this case. However latest research has found (and he's written a paper on it) that other cells within the embie may in fact be normal and dominant thus the embie would be normal, however that abnormal cell causes this good embie to be discarded regardless - so not 100% foolproof. Could avoid mc, but may be throwing away good embies??? tough decision to make... and no medicare rebate so very $$$. Hoping we don't need to make that decision.
    Finding myself doing all the things I couldn't when I was still preg, and annoyed at my body. Ironically limited cramping now and no bleeding...???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi every1 sorry I have been MIA however I have been tryin to distract myself by renovating my lounge room so $5000 later my loungeroom is soooooo beautiful.......
    im so sorry to those ladies experiencing a difficult time my heart goes out to you.

leannep thankyou for asking after me I shall check on you over the weekend

AFM I have been so busy distracting myself I 4got about transfer until I got my call today from embrologist to tell me that they only needed to thaw 1 as it looks fantastic so tommorrow is the big day i am absolutely crapping myself I am so teary it isnt the best week as its my little boys 3 year anniversary friday and it feels harder this year i just cant stop crying at everything and I mean everything I am only on prednislone so no hormone drugs really but doing it tough...

will keep you all updated hi to everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    lilwish...
    PGD... takes a cell from an embryo and is only accurate to about 50-60% due to moaicism of the embryo.... where abnormal cells can exist in a normal embryo or visa versa... it does not look at all 46 chromosome pairs... so when selecting for chromosome defects it is not accurate...it was originally designed to diagnose embryos with inheritable disorders which it works very very well for.

CGH... uses day3 embryos and flouresence and tests all chromosomes so it is the most accurate for looking for trisomys etc... it is a new technique that has only been around in melbourne for the last 12months and sydney the last 6 months.

CGH is the one I would use. Your FS is quite right about PGD not being the best.. as it is flawed for its use in detecting chromosomally normal embryos.

On option you can do is 2 egg collecting cycles... freeze them all at day 3... then biopsy them all say 10-15eggs you should have at least 2-3 normal embryos.. that was my plan if it did not work for me... and something SIRM in america and colarado fertility clinic does a lot with mature women.

Tens.... you have done so well in the distraction..yay for transfer tomorro..lets hop that it goes really well.... and then you can distract yourself some more with finishing the renovation.... good luck !!!! Id take some baby aspirin for the next 2 weeks.... just to make sure implantation goes well....

9. The Following User Says Thank You to micca For This Useful Post:

lilwish  (12-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh lilwish, how absolutely devastating for you. I'm so sorry & I'm sad to say I have some inkling of how you're feeling as we had exactly the same situation for my first m/c. Went to the 7 wk scan hoping to maybe see the heartbeat but saw an under-developed foetus instead. It is the most gut-wrenching feeling, you poor things and you just constantly ask why ?? Big hugs to you.

I m/carried again in August, this time a blighted ovum & had a second D&C. I have now just started stimming with a view to doing CGH with Sydney IVF (now called Genea). This is really to eliminate bad embies and save time & pain of another m/c as much as identify chromosomally-abnormal one & I'm still in two minds about it. Particularly since the pathology on my D&Cs showed no chromosome issues.

PGD is the over-arching term for genetic testing on embies - CGH as Micca says tests ALL embies & they take a couple of cells. PCR is more for identifying specific single genetic disorders such as cystic fibrosis. I had a full-blown appointment on the process with the PGD scientest last week. In traditional PGD/PGS only one cell is analysed - whereas in CGH, they do assisted hatching on day 3 embies (as they do with PGD), thus enabling them to 'get to' the cells - and then remove 3-6 trophectoderm cells to test, this gives a higher degree of accuracy. Sydney IVF claims 95% accuracy on the testing. Anyway, this might be a handy reference if/when you're ready. http://www.genea.com.au/Library/Pre-...-Diagnosis/CGH

Of course if there's only one or two embies suitable for biopsy, you could argue that it's better (and cheaper) just transferring them. I am transporting my 7 day 3 frosties from previous clinic as well to hopefully boost the numbers they can test.

I don't know, it's so hard to know what to do.

Despite everything I've said above, try not to think too much about what's next, what I've found is that you're thinking about the future, while actually trying to manage what's happening in the present (and the difficulties of going through m/c or waiting for D&C) - for me, it was a bit of a mind you-know-what.

I will be thinking of you through the next week & beyond.x

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lilbirdy For This Useful Post:

lilwish  (12-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Micca, we must've been posting at the same time :-)

Just to clarify, with CGH, at day three embies undergo assisted hatching - then continue to be cultured, before cells are removed at blasty stage. At that point the scientest ascertains whether the quality is good enough to biopsy and those cells go through to CGH. I guess you could still keep the embies that didn't qualify for CGH if you wanted but if you freeze at day 3, you can't necessarily biopsy them all - they need to be grade 1 or 2. This is the case at Sydney IVF anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by micca View Post
    lilwish...
    PGD... takes a cell from an embryo and is only accurate to about 50-60% due to moaicism of the embryo.... where abnormal cells can exist in a normal embryo or visa versa... it does not look at all 46 chromosome pairs... so when selecting for chromosome defects it is not accurate...it was originally designed to diagnose embryos with inheritable disorders which it works very very well for.

CGH... uses day3 embryos and flouresence and tests all chromosomes so it is the most accurate for looking for trisomys etc... it is a new technique that has only been around in melbourne for the last 12months and sydney the last 6 months.

CGH is the one I would use. Your FS is quite right about PGD not being the best.. as it is flawed for its use in detecting chromosomally normal embryos.

On option you can do is 2 egg collecting cycles... freeze them all at day 3... then biopsy them all say 10-15eggs you should have at least 2-3 normal embryos.. that was my plan if it did not work for me... and something SIRM in america and colarado fertility clinic does a lot with mature women.
    Micca, how are you so knowledgeable on it all? thanks for the info - gives me more to discuss with FS, tho not sure they offer it - otherwise they would have already I'm sure... so if decide to do this, will prob need to go elsewhere.

Lilbirdy, thank you also for your kind words or support - and all the info too. Sounds like yr a step ahead of my journey. Will be interested in seeing how you go...good luck with whatever decision you make.
    I'm not really sure how to feel right now. Part of me breaks every now & then, part is just numb, part keeps questioning why, part is panicking about time and age, and the last very tired part tries to be positive but falls down a lot. Ironically very little cramping and no bleeding anymore - like my body found out about mc and just stopped being preg.
    How can a woman run a marathon at 8 1/2 mths inc contractions and give birth a hr later... when we're trying to do everything so right and be so careful and have so much trouble???

Tens, good luck with FET tomorrow. Hope this is your cycle! Good time to help cope with DS.