Closed Thread
Page 73 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    lilbirdy..... dont stress too much about the beta..it really means nothing...
    I had a beta at 17dpo of 85 (so 14dpo would have been about 34) and look at me now.... thats a solid beta you have and the progesterone being strong is a very good result. Hang in there.. are you having another beta?? I hope so. Its always such an anxious time these next 2 weeks... (often chemical pregnancies can have a slightly higher beta than expected, if that helps)

cjm........sorry to hear that you have some bleeding... lets hope that it is an implanatation bleed and a good sign...dont loose hope yet...my fingers are still crossed. you can talk to us... we have lots of cyber hugs for you..xxx

hoping.... congrats on the birth of emma.... enjoy your precous hard earned bundle of joy...it will change your life in ways that you can only dream of...

lilwish.... woohoo for AF now you can begin, enjoy your distraction weeks in darwin..soak up that vitamin D

deelicious.
    .. have you through of other options with different clinics...my experience is that all the IVF people in canberra tend to not be very aggressive and not great for patients that might be more challanging. theres always QFG in brisbane and westmead fertility centre (out of the hospital, very cheap) maybe it is time to have a change..a fresh look especially after 6 failed ivf cycles...something is not working with what they are doing.
    after going to see the mightly wazza in brisbane I was very impressed and he was so easy to talk to, receptive to ideas and studies that I might have read and very aggressive...throw everything at a cycle... I have also heard good things about westmead fertility centre.

goodluck to all who are cycling.
    xxxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi micca, thanks for the words of encouragement, yes another BT on Saturday, hope they don't prick me 4 times again like this morn - ouch !! I've done a butt load of googling today and seems HCG levels can vary alot with the one person at the same stage

cmj, sorry to hear about bleed, crossing everything it's not AF.

Hi to everyone else ....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilbirdy: Congratulations on the BFP! Like Micca, I had similar results - that result is snoring away in the room next to me.

Micca: My IVF cycles have been done at three different clinics, including two cycles with Wazza at QFG - both of which were cancelled for the same reason as this last one - poor response. In fact, my cycles at QFG were the worst I've ever had (in terms of results) - only one lousy follicle so I figured if I was going to get crap results I might as well get them in Canberra (and not have the hassle of travelling). Unfortunately same pathetic result here.

I will keep plugging away - I still have four straws left, but have started the road to acceptance that I won't have the family I always dreamed of. I've started to give away baby stuff as part of that process.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilbirdy - Yay for a positive result and good luck with next beta test.
    Big congratulations Hoping. I hope you are all well and enjoying the early time together.
    Deeelicious - It must be very disappointing not responding well enough to pick up. I hope you are coping ok with DS's news.
    AFM- We have been offerred the chance to try with a lone little embie by a fellow Bubhubian. The donor could have been a member of this thread as the little fella was created when she was over 40. The little embies sister is 18 months now so we are hoping it was from a strong batch. Whatever the case noone wants to see it destroyed and we want to have the chance to make our number 2 and for embie to have the chance. This is only the second offer we have had in almost a year. None from our clinic yet. The first offer was an unusual one of overseas sex selection extras for embies not yet created in which contact just stopped and the email account closed . We are just doing preliminary info gathering at the moment, but it is looking pretty positive about going ahead. Feeling very lucky to be gifted in this way, hopeful, but trying to keep realistic too.
    The donor is keen for us to use herbs and acupunture so that will be something new.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Chillile,
    Wow what an exciting time for you. What a wonderful person the donor is I sometimes wonder if they realize how amazing they are to us.. I have used a sperm donor and without even knowing the person I have the utmost respect for them. I can't wait to see how it all proceeds for you. Sending u lots of positive thoughts!! cheers leannep

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys, I have been sitting back reading and cheering (or commiserating) from the side lines.

Hoping - Congratulations on the birth of your baby girl.
    Lilbirdy - congratulations. I hope all goes well for you and this is the one for you.
    Cillile - I am glad you have some hope of a donor embie. I hope all goes well for you.
    Mammalinz - I am so happy for you that things are going well. I hope things get easier for you now.
    CJM - I hope your fears are wrong.
    Micca - I hope things go well for you when you start cycling.
    Sunny - I hope things are going okay for you.

Hi to the others.

As a result of ending our IVF journey I have started planning my holiday of a lifetime to Canada next year which has given me something else to focus all my energy on. I am hoping by that time this will all be well and truly in the past for me and I will have been able to move on without any regrets.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Grrrr lost my entire post stupid iPad.

Just to say good to see you here again OT. I'm glad you're starting to make plans to move forward - Canada is a wonderful place to take the trip of a lifetime.

Hi to everyone, my personals got lost so will do again when I'm a bit cheerier.

Not great news here- after another BT today, my Hcg has only risen by 2 is now 124 at 19dpo after 122 at 16dpo. Progesterone is fine. I can only pray this is some kind of slow starter but I'm finding it hard to remain hopeful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    lilibirdy... so sorry to hear about the beta.... dont give up hope yet... When is the next beta?? friday??? big hugsand remember some pregnancies can be normal with a slow rising beta.

cillile... fabulous news that you have a donor embryo to play with... definately go the chinese herbs and acupuncture... I reckon it worked for me..

OT girl... glad that you are still hanging around... enjoy your holiday planning and relaxation

deelicious... Sorry I remember you telling me.... have you thought about giving westmead fertility centre a go... out of westmeed hospital..they have a really good lab which produces fabulous embryos and their out of pocket expenses are very low... no theatre or anaethetist fees, no freezing fees, out of pocket about $800 only... If I had my choice over I would have gone there as my first port of call... Im sure you can do it...

slowly getting my fet stuff together...thinking about going onto the bcp this month for timing of the cycle and preventing any cyst formation that would delay the cycle... going to chat with QFG tomorrow and get an uss next week as I think I may have a cyst.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone ... quick one from me. We live to fight another day, beta today was 1260, which is a 'normal' doubling from the last one last Thurs of 124. Still very early days, I have another BT Tues then scan next Friday. Please please please let this one keep growing.

micca/dee re westmead, I was a patient there for my first two cycles. Dee, happy for you to PM me. They are very reasonable, the nurses are wonderful, however there is one FS I would not reccommend and there are a couple of other things to be aware of. In short, they don't do weekend collections - I got caught on a long weekend, should have been a Sat, ended up a Tues. Very unlucky I know, but I don't think my eggs were collected at optimum time. The other downside for me was I missed out a month because they are so busy - and they rely on Westmead's public dental theatre for EPU so they can get booked up in advance. Basically, I rang up when AF arrived & they said 'sorry!' we're full for the week of your estimated EPU. However they will guarantee you the following month - and you're at more of a disadvantage if you're doing an antagonist because you're generally shorter 'notice' than a long cycle. In the end I decided I couldn't afford to miss out any months, I needed collection when I needed it - and the FS was a paint by numbers FS. However ... I pay ALOT more where I am now for the improved service.

I still have 7 frosties with Westmead, they're day 2s so not sure whether they'd make the cut but if I can get a take home baby with SIVF where I am now, I would probably go back there for another shot if it wasn't too late. Armed with alot more knowledge second time round. Good luck !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lilbirdy,
    I have everything crossed for u and sending u lots of sticky/growing thoughts. Good luck with next test and keep us posted cheers