Closed Thread
Page 71 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone

I've been MIA too for some weeks now, just trying not to think too much about what was going on with me. So I've checked in tonight to see how everyone is going and it's great to see all the good stories and everyone still hanging in there.

AFM - today was egg collection day and to say I'm disappointed is an understatement. My first IVF in 2009..8 eggs/3 fertilised. My second in May 2011..7 eggs/5 fertilised. This one...3 eggs. What the!!!! The IVF nurse said she often sees one bad cycle when a patient goes through muliple cycles, particularly at our age. So fertilisation results tomorrow and this time they are doing ICSI and it seems to me that the fertilisation rates are better using that method.
    So, I am disappointed but I think I have one more go in me yet. But maybe we won't need it....I keep saying it's quality not quantity.
    And after all is said and done...we do have little Isabelle already.

Hope you are all happy and, if not up the duff already, soon to be up the duff!!!!

LuckyAPA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    It seems a few of us are popping back in to update -- I had egg pick up on Wednesday and got 3 eggies -- I cried of course- relieved there were a) eggs, and b) 3 of them ! One was immature so no fertilisation, 1 got to 5 cells, and one is about 3 cells with some fragmentation .... so had transfer this morning and I am now a double yolker (as DH calls it) for the time being -- fingers crossed they both stick !!! and the DHEA has done its trick !!

Seemed odd at this clinic as previously I have watched the eggs being put in via the ultrasound and this time they just seemed to pop them in. I have 2 lots of pregnyl to take -- one tomorrow and one on day 6 which will be Tuesday. This clinic doesn't see me again till the pregnancy test which is the 5th. (Is that normal ? -- my other clinic had me come in a week after transfer).

Hope everyone else is doing ok !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls!

Thought I'd add to the 'pop ins' with my update. I was all set to start a cycle last month and rang the clinic to say all systems go only to be told my FS was on holidays so no cycle for me. Not the news you want to hear when you 42.5 years old and every month/egg counts!

I'm finishing off my journey at ISIS Fertility - while I love, love, LOVED the Waz God I got my worst results ever there so figured if I was going to get crap results I might as well get them in Canberra.

I've been tormented with the decision of whether to go again. For the past few months my DS has been going through an assessment process and last week I got the diagnosis - he has Aspergers. I can't begin to tell you how devastated I am. Even now, having already started the cycle, I'm wondering about the wisdom of bringing another child into the world while I have one with special needs - but I don't have time on my side to 'wait and see' how DS gets on.

Baby dust to everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Deb11 – hey – I am 13 weeks yesterday. I kind of stuffed out the 12 week test and now have to wait until Wednesday to find out the results. 10 weeks on DHEA is pretty good. I am so looking forward to watching your cycle journal this time round .. I have everything crossed for you !

LizzieG – Congratulations ! BTW I had the same experience to you . My partner’s birthday was the day before the blood test, we took the blood test and grieved over our 4th stuffed up cycle, only to find out the next day we were pregnant… I wrecked his birthday but made his year

Micca – big wave ! Oh November is just around the corner. Are you excited at starting up again ?

Wishinghoping – Ah you are having a terrible time of it. Ugh. My partner and I had a couple of years of **** – everything we touched turned to poo. Now – finally, things are starting to come around. I really believe things happen in cycles, like the seasons

LuckyAPA – Sorry to hear you are disappointed, but you are right, it is quality not quantity. When is the transfer :?

Cjm1 – I am so excited for you ! Two – brilliant .. When I had my transfer… I didn’t see anyone again till the blood test, 2 weeks later. I guess there isn’t much to do, but wait and see. I have everything crossed for you. So excited things are starting up in here again !

Deelicious – Assessment processes can be difficult ! I can not imagine how you are feeling right now. Aspergers is on a spectrum, is DS high needs or low needs.? It is difficult to make life changing decisions as we watch our time run out – I guess you have time to decide while your looking at going back to your ole clinic

Thanks
    Reviews
    cjm1 - oh, seems we are in the same boat. 2 of mine fertilised also and both are being transferred Monday morning...all going well in the meantime of course. Fingers crossed we both get a BFP!!!
    And yes, with all my transfers the FS seemed to just 'pop' them in. It worked the first time so I guess it was the right thing to do. I think they probably get to a point where they just know the right spot to put them.
    I haven't ever had to go in between transfer and preg test. There isn't much they can do at the 1 week mark anyway except remind you that you are in the 2WW and you probably don't need reminding!!!!

mammalinz - 26 weeks to go. OMG!!! How exciting is that!!! Are you breathing a little easier now you are past that 13 week point? It's probably the best milestone to get past.

AFM - over my disappointment of yesterday. Had a caffeine hit this morning, my first in weeks and weeks, months probably, it was SO good and made me feel a bit better. 3 eggs is good particulary at 45. I have absolutely nothing to complain about. And the fact that 2 fertilised is great. And, as the nurses at the clinic keep telling me....'you only need one'. So true.

Goodnight girls.

LuckyAPA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

It's been a while for me too, although have kept an eye on posts (as quiet as it has been for a while). Still doing acup so not much to report, I'm afraid. Have 2 more AF before starting my next IVF cycle, so should be able to go again end Aug, just after 2 wk hols in Darwin, etc.

Great to see some good news - esp 13 weeks, Mammalinz!
    I'm so sorry for those with disappointing news Hopefully something good will come soon.

Does anyone else feel this way at times, or is it just me? :
    I'm having a down day today, feeling the reminder of "your embryos just aren't strong enough to develop - donor is your best option".

During my break whilst acup does it's magic for 3 mths, I've tried hard to put it all aside and not think about it - just try to stay positive.

But yesterday I think has led to my down day today. I went to a tupperware party, which was filled with babies and little kids. Watched as my friend fed her newest (of 4 under 5yrs) baby (and just can't get excited about this one for some reason...). then last night my boobs were so sore and heavy, like when I'm on IVF and pumped with hormones. My first thought of course was "maybe I'm pregnant", followed very quickly by "don't even start to get your hopes up!!!"

When I woke up this morning, I just felt so fed up with being surrounded by friends with kids. My closest childless couple friends are heavily supporting their friend who just lost her husband, so can't call on them, but missing them heaps right now (and feeling a bit selfish).

Last weekend we spent the day/night with 3 couple friends each with babies (all born since we've been trying, mind you), and just couldn't face them again when they wanted to catch up again 2 days later.

I guess I'm just feeling sooooo childless and unable at the moment. We've never envisioned life without kids - have always spoken about them since we met 3 1/2 years ago. We've been trying for 2 yrs now - over half of our relationship!

Looking forward to our trip to NT in 2 wks time to visit 2 couple friends without kids!! Nice change.

sorry to dump, but just needed to vent.
    Also feeling guilty for feeling so selfish.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey lilwish, I get what you are saying completely. It seems that recently everyone around me has either had a baby or just announced they're pregnant. It's not selfish, you're not unhappy for them, it's not about them is it, it's just frustrating when you see these pregnant women and beautiful babies and all you want to do is ask WHY ISN'T THAT ME, it hurts! The worst thing is that (understandably) that's all they talk about so it's really in your face. It's just one of those things unfortunately, don't feel guilty, it's a completely natural emotion, you're not begrudging anyone their young family!! I would just stay away from them for a bit and get your own head space back if it upsets you, be kind to yourself ;o)

Can I ask if there are any particular issues with yourself or DH?

You sound very similar to myseld and DH, age, length of relationship/marriage and time TTC, so try HA-ICSI, that's what worked for us this time!

AFM - 6 weeks and 1 day UTD today, just found our I have e.coli in my urine sample so have been put on amoxyl which I'm really worried about. They're also taken me off my asthma medication so have been a bit chesty for the past few days which is making me tired. Can't wait to get past the next 6 weeks and relax a bit.

Really glad to see some positives going on in this thread finally. Those of you have haven't YET, I'm sending lots of baby dust and god vibes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone

Hope you are all going well.

I have a little update. We had a very, very nervous 2 hour drive to the surgicentre yesterday morning and then sat through another hour waiting once we did arrive. As usual, the scientist came into the pre-op room to go through the embryos quality, development etc, and yes there were still two of them. And she told me about a very interesting test (which I can't remember the name of) done on embryos about 24 hours after fertilisation, the results give them an indication of the liklihood of implantation of each embryo, something about being able to see them getting ready to implant, watching how they behave etc. It doesn't say that the others won't implant but it does point out which ones are more likely to. So she said to me that with my first IVF we had 3 good quality embryos which were all put in, one of which was considered likely to implant. Result...Isabelle. My second cycle, none of them were considered likely to implant. Result...BFN. This, my third cycle, 2 good quality embryos were put in, one of them is considered likely to implant. I guess time will tell if that is a test we all need to know more about and ask more questions about. I'm sort of wishing I'd known about this last time, maybe I wouldn't have got my hopes up as much as I did. Mind you, I'm not getting my hopes up too much this time.

The other thing I wanted to mention is the internet. I continually stupidly go onto Google looking for people who have had IVF success at my age, 45 plus. There are very few. Indeed, there are actually quotes from Sydney IVF saying that in the last 20 years, no clinic in Australia has managed to get a 45 year old + pregnant via IVF using her own eggs. Not very encouraging. So I asked the scientist yesterday. Queensland Fertility Group got a 46 year old woman pregnant using her own eggs and she delivered a healthy baby. Not only that. They went on to get her pregnant again at 47 but she later miscarried. Now I'm wondering why things like this aren't publicised. Is it because they think they are ethically doing something wrong performing IVF on older women and therefore can't brag about it?

Off my soapbox now.

Ciao
    LuckyAPA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi LizzieG,

Thanks for your words of support. I'm usually ok, just slip now and then into a bit of self-pity. In answer to your question, last cycle we got 11 eggs and 7 of them fertilised. DH sperm is strong and healthy. Basically there's nothing wrong - just age. FS said we're getting better results than he'd expect at 41, but the fact that I'm not preg means they're just not strong enough to develop. that's why I'm back to trying the acup to strengthen and nourish for 3 mths before. (they say the cycle of an egg in prep for ovul is 90 days).
    Don't worry, I'll be back to normal soon - prob a bit of PMT anyway.
    BTW congrats on your good news. roll on the next 6 wks

Hi Lucky,
    I know it's tempting to try to test everything first, but what if they said neither was likely to implant but they both do? Lots of heartache for nothing. I know the waiting is painful to say the least, but I guess we need a little bit of hope...?
    Great to hear you definitely have 1 likely to implant anyway. lots of

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all
    Another who's been MIA so popping back in.

Lucky and CMJ all the best for those embies. Lucky it sounds like your clinic was talking about PGD. It's designed to detect genetic defects (like cystic fibrosis etc) that may be passed onto an embryo but i think they can also get an idea of the overall chromosomal quality. Good luck anyway !

Mammalinz glad to hear you are going well and past the 12 week mark.
    Lilwish sorry you are feeling crap at the moment, those of us who are childless certainly have "been there" at points along e road.
    Lizzie I hope the infection clears up quickly ! Have you had a dating scan yet ??
    Micca, hope your lovely little Arabella is still thriving, cant believe it's nearly time for you to go round again!
    Hi to everyone else!

AFM I had one of my frozen blasties transferred last Friday so in the tww right now. Praying this will be it.