ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 69 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, just a quick one from me.

I saw the new FS earlier this week and it seems the original FS was probably right. Apparently my body has decided it's time to stop doing it's thing, albeit somewhat prematurely. He recommended I go the donor route. I can't tell you how upset I am. Totally shattered, really. I'm trying to process it all, but it's just overwhelming and I can't really get my head around any of it.

Good luck to everyone. Lots of for you. I'll try to pop back for personals another time. Take care all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wishing - I am a sporadic bubhub-er. I now live abroad now so I only check in about once every 6 months and felt I wanted to respond to your post.

After 10 ET attempts including 8 fresh IVF cycles, i was given similar news. It was hard, very hard. I felt completely cheated, it wasn't fair, i didn't deserve this situation and didn't want to have to deal with it.
    We were lucky enough to be able to afford to do ED so we went for that and it worked. I am now 25 weeks pregnant and i can honestly say that most days go by and i do not think of the donor or the fact that this baby is not biologically mine. I do occasionally think "glad the egg was from a 28 yr old and not one of my 44 yr oldies" as the baby has more chance of survival but that is about it. I am quite surprised at how much I have managed to put IVf and ED behind me - it used to consume my every waking moment (and my nightmares) but not any more.
    I am not you and this is a very personal thing to be going through so apologies if i have mis judged things with my post but i hope you can find a way through this to find a solution that works for you.
    R'coaster

Thanks
    Reviews
    wishinghoping - I am so sorry to have read your news! Can I ask - what reasons did they give you? Is it a clinic that is sympathetic to over 40's? My last FS basically told me to give up - we switched clinics & FS and now (as you know I am pregnant). My old FS was telling me to give up because of my age and because I was not producing any eggs (fair enough - i guess). I just wanted to try one more time with a new approach. I can not imagine what you are going through right now. I know I would have been guttered to receive such news. My heart goes out to you - it really does

RC - I used to be anti ED -now that I have read so many happy, fantastic 'good news,' stories I really see it as a fantastic option (If you can afford it). Congratulations on being 25 !!! weeks preg

ATM - made it to week 9! Had FS/Ob app- he seemed to think everything is ok. Still not able to exercise...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

haven't been on for awhile. Needed a break from it all after my last cancelation. Had a mini holiday to Byron Bay......just what I needed.......and now back and have an appointment to see my FS on Monday to see what our next move is. Worried he is going to suggest ED. Hopefully the DHEA will make a difference.

wishinghoping.......how are you going?I have had two cycles cancelled also. Did you try DHEA?

mammalinz........you give me hope. I am so happy everything is going well for you.

jenkie.......so sorry for your loss. Hope you are okay

rollercoaster.......how much does it cost for ED? I thought you had to find an ED yourself? Did you get pregnant first try with ED?

Hi to everyone else

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Ladies,
    Sorry ive been missing in action we took a much needed holiday up the coast to clear our ivf mind and try to decide if Embryo donation is for us and this is the personal conculsions we came to:

*Baby or No baby.

*Life seems to have taken us down this path.

*Dna does not mean you cant love that baby as we love each other and we do not share Dna.I am Dna linked to my family and there is zero love there + 3 alcoholics 2 mental cases and 3 members with depression in my immediate family!!! who would want Dna linked to them!!!

*This will be an amazing gift from 2 special caring people therefor a baby may also be a special caring person.

*We shall get if sucessful the chance to share a happy birth experience together(for those that dont know we share a stillbirth)

*We will be giving these embies a chance at life.

*Once implanted its my body that shall nourish and enable it to grow.

*Finally we are going to look at this as an early early adoption.

Hoping I can lean on you ladies once again as we head down the ivf path yet again.........

Hope this finds everyone well and heading down the path of least regret

Thanks
    Reviews
    Deb11 – I hope you had a lovely time in Byron Bay !Ill be very interested to hear what you FS has to say. Remind me why your last cycle got cancelled. It was suggested to me I go down the ED route, I told my FS I wanted to try something new and radical first. Everything thus far seems to be going ok. Thanks for asking
    Tens2many – oh it sounds like you have really come up with a lovely way of looking at it. From what I have read on Bubhub – no one regrets their decision of going down the ED track and all thrilled to be holding a babe in their arms at the end of it. When you put it like that, I would also like to wipe some of my families DNA (hee hee). It is so true, when you look at it, it is simply a early adoption process. I never thought about it that way before. Please let us know how you go on Monday with the FS
    ATM - not much to report. Reached the ten week milestone. Blood test in a couple of days and then the dreaded NT scan. Keeping everything crossed and hoping for the best

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,
    I have been reading all of your stories for quite some time, they have definitely inspired me to keep going through the dark times. I have thrown in a post or two on occasion. I just wanted to give everyone a little bit more hope. I will turn 42 next month and am now 5 weeks pregnant. This was my 6th full stim cycle. I was already mentally preparing myself for the the next cycle and then a BFP. I know it's very early days but everything keeps heading in the right direction.
    All I can say is, as hard as it may be at times, try to keep positive and keep going because it can happen.

and to everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI Ladies,
    Just dropping in to say hi and spread some Baby dust about.

Have been trying to keep up with all that's going on and have had you all in my thoughts.

Hugs to all of you going through tough times !!

Nothing much happening for us at the moment -- have been doing the DHEA for about 6 weeks now, wondering if we will get a natural miracle this month, and wondering what will happen if we don't and we do another cycle (this time a flare) at the new clinic. Not holding much hope for any of it to work ... and really waiting for DH to decide if he wants a baby enough to go the ED way. I know he wants just one little one if we can do it but is still not sure about using someone elses eggs.More than happy to go overseas (esp if it's New York -- thanks for those link Micca) if we have to. Otherwise I don't really know where I stand -- the more I think about it the more distressing it is, and as Sunny15 said in one of her posts it becomes really nice to not think about it after a while. I know this whole experience has left me with emotional scars that feel like they may never heal -- I'd like my old self back too (know exactly what you mean Sunny !! )

Anyways ... sorry for the rant -- hoping everyone his doing fine !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Leeese – OMG – congratulations. I am also turning 42 in a couple of months. The last cycle I was expecting to be out of the game completely as I kept producing zero eggs. I am so happy for you, congratulations.
    Cjm1 - I hope the DHEA does it’s magic for you. I was on it for 3-4 months before we attempted a cycle with it. The waiting was hard. I have read ladies who have had success on it much earlier, though. So who knows? I changed clinics for my last cycle, didn’t hold out any hope – and by some miracle it worked. I did the opposite of everything I had been doing previously and felt completely negative about it. Just goes to show – what we think and feel may have little effect on the outcome? I don’t know. The IVF does leave scars… and I don’t know how long they will take to heal. Even though I am pregnant (and so grateful) – I am filled with anxiety, guilt and shame for being pregnant while others like yourself are still suffering, guttered at how the last 2 years of my life have been on hold and the emotional toll it has taken on my self, body and my relationships. It is hard. I don’t know how long it will take for us to find our ‘old,’ selves again. Is it even possible? I hope Cjm1 - this is the one for you. I truly believe it is luck, and a numbers game. Everytime you go through a cycle your increasing the odds. When do you start? How long is the cycle? Have you changed FS and Clinics?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mammalinz - thanks for your thoughts and support -- don't ever feel bad or ashamed for what you have -- you are one of the lucky ones and show that miracles can happen !! We are all cheering for you -- we know (or at least have an idea) of what you have been through to get to this point and wish you all the best !!