ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 60 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

Can I get some advice please, on how you avoid going completely stir crazy? I am

I went to the GP on Sat and had a blood test. Results tomorrow. I have *felt* pregnant since shortly after doing the horizontal hokey pokey. Does that sound completely crazy? Has anyone else felt this and then had a negative?

I also have been experiencing mild cramping, hot flushes, pimples, headaches, emotional ... but no AF. Is it pregnant? stress? IVF drugs? early menopause? I feel like I'm going crazy.

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone

Just quickly came on here to check out what's going on and can't resist writing something!!!

Thank you to everyone for the baby dust and warm wishes. Only 5 days to wait now.

No, I haven't been standing on my head, in fact, I've hardly been thinking about being pregnant or not being pregnant. It wasn't very hard, I spent the weekend at my parents going through 1200 photos, with full commentary, that they took on their recent trip to Europe. The pains have gone away so now feel nothing. God, I hope they were implantation pains.....but I'm having one of those doubting days and feel that I really can't be that lucky to have IVF success twice..

Hope you are all going well.

LuckyAPA

Thanks
    Reviews
    WishingHoping – The waiting is torture – tomorrow will give you some answers and hopefully the answer you are looking for. My thoughts are with you – hope you are right !
    LuckyAPA – wow I am so impressed that you have managed to fend off the – am I pregnant not pregnant game. BTW of course you can be that lucky – why not ?

Deb11 – Yeah kind of all crazy. So I had to get a letter from the FS stating I could travel with medication for IVF. Should be okay. I will call the airline tomorrow just to check it is all okay. I am going into week 5. Sorry to hear you are feeling a bit off colour. I think all these meds make us feel a bit odd at times. The DHEA gave me a bit of acne on my back and made my hair soo soo greasy. ICK
    Cjm1 – thank you for your well wishes. All I can say is I have never got this far before and couldn’t even believe that they had any eggs to transfer. Feel free to message me for my protocol if you are interested. It is hard to say what got me over the line as I did so much. Ie change clinics. Change FS, gave up acc and Chinese herbs, introduced hypnosis and weekly/ fortnightly massage. As well as introduce the Colorodo protocol. I felt our journey had come to an end before this cycle. In fact this cycle was meant to prove it was all over for us. It is so hard to know what to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Apologies for being MIA, alot has been happening the last few weeks.

Mammalinz - Congratulations on your BFP . I hope everything continues to go well for you and you have an uncomplicated pregnancy. I hope your progesterone levels have stabilised too, silly nurse not thinking your call was urgent. Sorry to hear your family is going through a rough time regarding DP's Dad's partner.

Jenkie - Congratulations on your BFP too . I hope the results from your BT today come back showing everything is going strong.

Tens2many - Hope PUPO is treating you well. Bugga the pred is making you so hungry but will be worth it when you get your BFP.

Goodhope - Good luck with your upcoming cycle.

Lucky APA - Glad to hear the 2WW isn't messing with your head. for a BFP.

Deb11 - Glad you were able to get your GP sorted to be able to get the DHEA. I hope it makes a difference for you. All the best with your upcoming cycle.

Wishinghoping - Welcome. I hope your BT results today give you an idea of what is going on. Hope it's a BFP for you too.

Micca - You sound like one busy lady! So glad Arabella is growing so well.

cjm1 - Good luck with your FS appointment.

Lilly - Hope everything is going well with your little boy and he is growing stronger every day.

to anyone I have missed.

AFM - As of last week I'm on complete bed rest at home. Cervix has started to shorten . Started at 26 weeks so went on 4hrs/day at work but at appt last week it went from 2.4cm to 1.8cm so no more work. Another Ob appointment today to check on where it's at now. I have been put on crinone gel and nefediphine tablets to try and keep it stable and to stall any preterm labour. Unable to have the stitch as it is too dangerous after 25 weeks. Bum up, head down describes perfectly what I have to do now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quick update for me.

Sending lots of and to everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello every1

wishingHoping- your in my thoughts,I have checked on you a couple of times today.

mammalinz- so sorry for your loss I know how difficult it can be to stay calm...You will need a whole suitcase just for your meds.I know its no consolation but since loosing my darling Archie,my 35yr old sister ,newborn neice and a nanna in the past 5 years I have come to believe 1 special person leaves this world so another can enter.

deb11- My 2ww is sooooooooooo slow,its catch 22 isnt it we want it to end but we want to be PUPO for ever.....

cjm1- How'd your FS appointment go??? you've been in my thoughts.I understand the limbo land you are in I read 2 good quote's once about making long term decisions "take the path of least regret" & "Think about what can you live with in 20years time" (this also is handy when having a different opinion to DH )

LuckyAPA- only 4 sleeps now soon you just could be showing off 1200 bubba photo's

hoping4asticky-Dont 4 get to keep your legs crossed

AFM- Embarrassed as I am last night a chucked the biggest hissy fit and just cried for no bloody reason last night my poor DH just looked at me like I was mental dam those hormones.........
    Cheers

ICSI #1 2008(1 Embryo) -DS Archie Jo(stillborn at 36wks and 5 days)
    ICSI #2 2009(2 Embryo's) 1 Transfered -bfn (1 frozen)
    FET #3 2009 bfn
    ICSI #42009(2 Embryos) 2 Transfered -bfn
    ICSI #52010(2 Embryos) 2 Transfered -bfn
    ICSI #6 2011 May/June 2011 this will be the one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, just a quick one for me today.....sending everyone lots of

AFM - had BT yesterday, HCG came back at 9,845 very happy about that. Unfortunately I have lots of stress at the moment, we are looking like going bankrupt and I just don't know what to do. DH is just beside himself with stress and worry, our house, everything will go.... My main thought is my darling DD who has just started big school this year, I can't bear the thought of telling her we will have to move in with her grandparents and she will have to change schools - I tear up everytime I think about it. I know I have to stay calm for the little bump inside, but this is just so hard. I have everything crossed that we can sort something out....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jenkie- Yay for your BT results I know how difficult it can be not to stress.
    Sorry to hear about your financial situation but I too have been very very close to loosing everything after loosing our son,but there are people out there to help.If I may offer advice without intruding ,the banks legalily(by the Australian Government) have an obligation to assist you with financial hardship with ANZ we went thru customer connect and once filling out appropirate paperwork showing financial statement of impact we were given 6 months without having to pay our mortgage and the credit card debt(which was st george) we only had to pay interest payments for 6 months at a very reduced rates.This 6 months without constant pressure and phone calls from some "idiot" that didnt have a clue because they collected a pay pkt each week gave us enough time to work our way forward,we ended up moving states,renting our house and are 100% better off.Also there is another option before bankrupt its called a part ...something(cant quiet remember) where a collections officer will do phone calls on your behalf and
    keep the wolves from the door. Hope this helps somewhat.
    Cheers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hoping4asticky1 – so do you have to stay in bed for the next 10 weeks? What is the stitch? Hope you get friendly with your local video store
    WishingHoping – I am so sorry to hear of your results.What is your next step?

Tens2many – ah I like the way you framed the situation. Loss is never easy – even worse when it is suicide. We leave tomorrow for Brisbane – it will be quite intense, I am imagining. When is your first BT?
    Jenkie - Oh sounds like things are difficult. Remember even if change is in the wind – it will be temporary and not forever. My thoughts are with you – focus on the good – oh and I like what tens2many suggest. Also you can get free legal and financial advice from a local community service – by booking in to see a financial counselor – they can often put things in place so not everything gets swalled up

ATM – well yesterday I had a BT and when I called to find out the results they would release them OMG ! Because the nurse had to okay them before she would release them .... we had an awful anxious night – bloody clinics. Anway – all is good – My HCG is 19, 299 and my Progesterone has gone up to 45! So looks like I might be pregnant OMG is it true - am I really pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls!
    I'm a newbie to the site. Like WishingHoping, I've been lurking around, reading your posts, and trying to get a handle on the acron & abrev to get the full story on what you're all talking about

Sounds like you all have lots going on. Nice to see some BFPs amongst us too!

As you can see from my list below, I've had a pretty busy 14mths. Unfortunately after my last IVF I hoped my FS would say we'll tweek a bit more for a better result, but instead he said we're getting more than expected for my age: 11 eggs & 7 fertilised is more than he'd normally hope for. However with no pregnancy, and no embies lasting to blast, he tells me it just comes down to the DNA of the embies being too weak to develop - cos of our age.

Don't you get sick of hearing that your age is the problem???
    I guess we're lucky we don't have any additional issues to contend with, but it doesn't seem to make it any easier when you don't get the results...

After being told the dreaded news a couple of weeks ago that I'm old and so are my eggs (yet again), and not much we can do about that, I fell in a heap for a few days, then got up fighting, figuring I have to do something about this!

I went back to Chinese acupuncture last week, hoping to nourish and strengthen those eggies, but wasn't keen on the herbs idea. Today I tried a new lady who does Japanese acup - without herbs - so very happy about that. This is my plan now - 3 mths of acup before the next IVF... but how do you wait that long between cycles without feeling you're wasting time???

Has anyone else tried Japanese acup?
    How do you cope with the wait between cycles? I'm not good at waiting.
    Sorry for rattling on a bit...