ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 51 of 100 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunny15 - DP is nervous. Excited and nervous. Yes the estodiol patches are estrogen. I am visualizing everyday – hopefully it will have some positive effect

Micca – You are a serious source of information! Wow they have allowed you to put 3 embies back? My FS would not allow me to do that. I am glad I put the two back, though How have you been going? Is Arabella in childcare or do you take her to work with you ? What is it like being back at work – must seen so surreal ! So, what do you think it was that that gave you the success of your beautiful baby daughter? Are you changing FS? Clinics? Why are you doing that when you were so successful last cycle?

Leese – Thank you for your suggestions ! Yeah I think I made the right decsision re: the two embies – it is in gods hands now~
    Hopeforbub – thanks for the congratuations ! Wow transfer next week ! Fantastic – it is happening very rapidly for you. Ahh whats wrong with being a bit optimistic - I say go for it!
    ATM – I am day 3 of the TWW – no, day two haha.. wishing another day had slipped by. The clexane hurt LIKE HELL last night – and I just don’t know how I am going to push through with it for the next 14 days!! DP rang the FS who got very cranky when I suggested not taking it!or asking for a substitute -

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there All,

Mammalinz- I know how you feel having to decide I am always worried i'll pick the wrong 1 sounds stupid I know......
    you have a frosty keep us updated.Glad you are PUPO remember your leading the way so bring home a BFP

micca-you really are an amazing book of knowledge,can you tell us in detail everything you did to get your beautiful Arabella.Just curious what is Arabella's middle name?

Big Hello to everyone else

AFM- ive calmed down today but was absolutetly livid my FN tried to blame me for last weeks stuff up!!! can you believe it her exact words were "after you stuffed up last week"!!! I very politely put her in her place and hung up next thing I know new FN rang up and said I better come in for scan because of all the "confusion" anyhoot I had my scan today and what do you know im ready to start needles tommorrow and heading towards EPU 23rd 24th or 25th.I made it quiet clear im not having other FN anymore as I have "zero" confidence in her.

ICSI #1 2008(1 Embryo) -DS Archie Jo(stillborn at 36wks and 5 days)
    ICSI #2 2009(2 Embryo's) 1 Transfered -bfn (1 frozen)
    FET #3 2009 bfn
    ICSI #42009(2 Embryos) 2 Transfered -bfn
    ICSI #52010(2 Embryos) 2 Transfered -bfn
    ICSI #6 2011 May/June 2011 this will be the one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    leese..... EDD means end due date...or the day of expected delivery.

mammalaz... in answer to your questions... I am lucky enough to have arabella at work with me... so I can breastfeed her easily and I get lots of close contact with her...I have lots of aunts at work that keep an eye on her. She is very good and mainly sleeps...then has playtime at my lunchbreak. She goes into formal daycare after queens birthday.
    The reason I am changing FS is that my previous one was like a factory ivf, I never got to talk to the FS for anything and it was difficult to contact her. The nurses seemed to make decisions. They did the same cycle over and over...never changing and I often had to push for extra tests that were needed and extra drugs... the main reason I think that the last one worked was because I took matters into my own hands and did a modified colarado with a long down reg cycle... so I took antibiotics after EPU, took prednisone for 2 weeks post EPU, took aspirin from start of cycle to 6 weeks pregnant. ... I also took DHEA, chinese herbs pre and post EPU, 2 zillion vitamins,
    but saying that I am also one of the lucky ones... I tend to produce high egg numbers with high fertilisation rates...
    cycle 1 =14 eggs(all one ovary) 10fertilised-->2 blasts
    cycle 2 = 12eggs (all one ovary) 11 fertilised --> 3 x day3 in,3 frozen
    cycle 3 = 22 eggs 15 fertilised, 3 day3 frozen, remaining grown to 2 blasts and transferred.
    I was also unhappy with my FS's lab I thought that their embryo culture especially to blast was not very good...
    So essentially I am going to Waz because I want the 3 frozens from the last cycle to work as it will produce donor matched siblings ( I used a USA sperm donor) . So I want everything that will work, also if I have to do a fresh cycle...then I want the best as I will be 43yr.

So I hope that it answers all your questions.
    oh and try the clexaine in different sites... its a subcut injection so you can do it in your bum, thigh.. I find if you hold the skin very very tight between index and thumb it can help a lot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Tens.... her name is arabella alfreya ...after my grandfather alfred,
    my list of what I did....

6 months weekly acupuncture
    chinese herbs... 4 months, and a sticky mix post ET
    DHEA 50mg daily 4 months
    coQ10 150mg
    vit E 1000iu
    Vit C 1000mg
    Vit D 1000iu
    fish oil 2g twice daily
    zinc 1 tab twice daily
    wheat grass tabs.. 6 day
    spiralina. 3 tab daily
    i-folic 1 tab day
    blackmores pregnancy multivitamin 2 day
    magnesium 500mg day
    royal jelly 2g day + evening primrose oil 2g twice daily cycle day 1-14
    aspirin 100mg start of cycle.
    B12 injection CD 1 of ivf stimming

long down reg meds.... lucrin, gonal F, luveris, HGH 4 inj
    prednisone 5mg CD 1-10 25mg CD 14-25, 12.5mg CD26-30 10mg CD 31-35, 5mg CD 36-40
    keflex antibiotic 1g daily for 6 days after EPU.
    Aspirin 100mg

diet.... no caffiene/alcohol since sept 2009,
    avoided MSG (662,660) as much as I could
    avoided preservatives/ strong food colourings
    ate my own home grown vegetables.
    drank 1.5litres water a day.
    tried to eat a lower carb diet.(many slip ups..lol)

I think that is everything....

Thanks
    Reviews
    micca- thanks for giving so good information. But I am wandering ,do you have
    stomachache after you eat so many things?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mammalinz - I hope all is going well for you - I have everything crossed.

Tens - I am glad you have a new FN. You need to trust what they say!

Hopeforbub - good luck with your ET next week.

Hi to everyone else - I am not sure if anyone else is cycling at the moment.

AFM - I am on day 5 of the mini ivf cycle which consists of one tablet a day at the moment. This cycle has apparently been successful for all but one other person going through this process with my FS at the moment (by successful, I mean have eggs frozen) so hopefully I will get something at the end of this cycle. Scan and blood next Wednesday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hopeforbub - I know what you mean about trying to keep everything in perspective. I was so excited with my first cycle, only to have it cancelled even before EPU. I'm not feeling so confident now. I probably should try to be more positive - power of the mind, and all that - but it IS hard.

mammalinz - how are you going with the TWW? When is you BT?

tens2many - I can't believe the incompetence of your FN. As if all this isn't stressful enough!

micca - you are amazing ! 22 eggs! Wow! And thanks for the info. regarding diet and supplements.

AFM - Saw my FS yesterday. Asked him about DHEA and HGH. He doesn't believe in DHEA. He said he would subscribe HGH if I insisted but said I would be better off spending that money on another cycle. I don't know what to do. I don't want to have to change FS already as I have only just started this journey. He has put me on a different cycle, but to be truthful I'm abit confused about all these different cycles. ATM i'm waiting for my AF - due next Monday- so I can start taking the pill, and then we will go from there.

Hi to everyone else

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tenstomany – So glad to hear you are feeling better ! so excited you are starting tomorrow. How are you feeling as you approach a new cycle? I don’t blame you for the zero confidence in your FN !! BTW I got a frozen – yep I kid you not!
    Micca- OMG you put me to shame. I was thinking about you all the way driving into work today. You’re a legend. I am going to print out your protocol and study it. I am being serious. You are so good. Love your high eggs and high fertilized – you really must throw out all the stats for the FS. Yeah the paper cut Fertility Treatment does become a bit thin (I agree) – I can totally understand why you changed FS!! I cant wait to hear what you think of Waz and what he does for you. By your wonderful track record – he wont have to do much. FANTASTIC. As you have put in so much of the hard work in already – ie no coffee in 2 years – I am so impressed. You have given me something to work towards when this cycle doesn’t work out. BTW Does it hurt to do the injection in the bum? I heard the thigh is a killer
    Otgirl – yay – you already rock’n’rollin ! Brilliant. I cant imagine just being on one tablet a day – I am very jealous. My belly is black and blue. Amazing results Nick has had – successful with every client but one – WOW! Please let us know how you go with the scan and BT... Ill be thinking positive thoughts !!

ATM - knock me over – punch me, pinch me – we got a frostie!!!!!! It was our least good egg and it has survived (so far). Even when this fails – ie BFN – we have never got this far before. For the first time – I am actually starting to believe we may become pregnant – one day . .... and i only had 3 follies - only 1 was over 15..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love this thread. It is so motivating. And so nice to know people in the same boat.

I had my first scan today. 8 follicles - I am amazed to say the least. I'm 45!!!! Last time at this same scan I also had 8 follicles. I told the FS and nurse that it's because of all the alcohol I consumed in my 20's...ie alcohol is a preservative. LOL.
    So now we move to another scan on Monday, egg collection next Wednesday and hopefully embryo transfer next Friday. I'm so optimistic right now all I can think of is twins!!!! Nothing like a bit of positive thought. I just hope my bubble doesn't burst.....

Hi to everyone.

LuckyAPA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Micca - I was just reading all your posts. You put me to shame. I have cut out caffeine completely also...except in the odd piece of chocolate. Other than that, a generally healthy diet, nothing too extreme. As for other things, Elevit is all I took....until the cycle started and then I had loads of things to take. Today I had to start Prednisone, my thyroid antibodies have gone through the roof.
    I wish you luck with your new FS.

LuckyAPA